NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

I bought his jersey last year, and haven't even taken it out of the shipping package -- in fear that this would happen... the last 3 i've bought have resulted in immediate immolation (Geno, Sam, Bryce Hall)

I’d be surprised by it simply because Ruckert isn’t all that good and this draft is so tight end heavy. He’s obviously solid, but it’s not like he’s a high-ceiling guy that should tempt another team.

On 3/23/2023 at 9:40 AM, Bobby816 said:

I agree here. What's stopping OBJ from being a head case even with AR here who he respects if he earns 4 mill more if he hits 800yds and he's not getting targets. You think OBJ is staying quiet? No way. But if his incentive is to play games. Yes he still wants the ball. But every WR does and his pay doesn't depend on it. Him staying healthy depends on it. 

Also what if he gets his bonus for 800 yards by week 12 (good for us) but then feels he’s not getting paid enough for the remainder of the season & coasts on a bunch of key plays where he’s designed to be a decoy?

No, not with this one. Too much risk for him to reassess “is it still worth my effort?” once performance incentives have been reached (or deemed unattainable).

His incentive should be a desire to win a SB while playing with Rodgers. Pay him for that, or don’t. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Also what if he gets his bonus for 800 yards by week 12 (good for us) but then feels he’s not getting paid enough for the remainder of the season & coasts on a bunch of key plays where he’s designed to be a decoy?

No, not with this one. Too much risk for him to reassess “is it still worth my effort?” once performance incentives have been reached (or deemed unattainable).

His incentive should be a desire to win a SB while playing with Rodgers. Pay him for that, or don’t. 

To this end, he was allegedly a model citizen on the Rams—so much so that McVay kept his locker open for his return the following season (before the Rams imploded).

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I agree. I do think he’s a Jet in the next week. And I hope it’s something like that.

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To this end, he was allegedly a model citizen on the Rams—so much so that McVay kept his locker open for his return the following season (before the Rams imploded).

This. 

If you make it about $ for stats, that’s what you’re going to get. 

If you make it about paying him to play football, then absent shifting to a dog***t QB that’s (hopefully) what you’re going to get. 

Truth is, while it didn’t make him look like a model teammate, the video he had his dad leak out (all the times he was open that Mayfield Mayfielded instead) was pretty damning.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I’m just playing match-maker, but guess is Will Anderson, Tyree Wilson, Jalen Carter, Peter Skoronski, and probably Paris Johnson. Other guys worth monitoring are Lukas Van Ness, Nolan Smith, Broderick Jones, Darnell Wright, and Calijah Kancey. Main point: they’re going to have 4-to-5 guys that they determine are worthy of being selected in that spot, and if they’re all gone they’ll aggressively try to move down.  

One Jets scout whose voice matters when it comes to OL compares Peter Skoronski to Elgton Jenkins—essentially someone they believe can play all 5 line spots at a high level. I don’t know where he lands on the board but I figure they will have him high. Same person really likes Darnell Wright’s toughness and mean streak. No direct info on the others but I’m just guessing that Paris Campbell is looked at as a clean, high floor prospect that can play G or T and is well rounded, whereas Broderick Jones is more of a high ceiling guy who needs a lot of work as a run blocker.

Im a Darnell Wright fan. I think he has a very high floor at RT.

• Upvote 2

On 3/24/2023 at 10:52 AM, football guy said:

I’m just playing match-maker, but guess is Will Anderson, Tyree Wilson, Jalen Carter, Peter Skoronski, and probably Paris Johnson. Other guys worth monitoring are Lukas Van Ness, Nolan Smith, Broderick Jones, Darnell Wright, and Calijah Kancey. Main point: they’re going to have 4-to-5 guys that they determine are worthy of being selected in that spot, and if they’re all gone they’ll aggressively try to move down.  

One Jets scout whose voice matters when it comes to OL compares Peter Skoronski to Elgton Jenkins—essentially someone they believe can play all 5 line spots at a high level. I don’t know where he lands on the board but I figure they will have him high. Same person really likes Darnell Wright’s toughness and mean streak. No direct info on the others but I’m just guessing that Paris Campbell is looked at as a clean, high floor prospect that can play G or T and is well rounded, whereas Broderick Jones is more of a high ceiling guy who needs a lot of work as a run blocker.

Love Sko’s versatility. He can even possibly start at C if we wanted asa rookie. Now ideally we draft a C in that Round 2. But let’s even say we go Sko at 13 and C at 42. Sko can battle for an OT spot with Brown. And Laken should be on the hot seat at LG. Since he can play anywhere… he can legitimately battle it out for our starting C, LG and OT spots.

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve been ruminating about this for three days. Why? Whyyyyy?

You mean why would I pick Jeremy Ruckert over Jace Amaro? 

Luke Musgrave is fools gold. What do you see in him? You and everyone else see 6'6 250 and some vague notion of "fluid receiver" and start adjusting your pants.... (don't mean to be condescending but it's true)

He is an atrocious blocker, with stiff hips and no quickness to his game. I don't like him as prospect at all, but even if I did, you're still too low on Ruckert. It's crazy to me that ppl think a guy like Luke is somehow a slam dunk upgrade over the buckeye. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You mean why would I pick Jeremy Ruckert over Jace Amaro? 

Luke Musgrave is fools gold. What do you see in him? You and everyone else see 6'6 250 and some vague notion of "fluid receiver" and start adjusting your pants.... (don't mean to be condescending but it's true)

He is an atrocious blocker, with stiff hips and no quickness to his game. I don't like him as prospect at all, but even if I did, you're still too low on Ruckert. It's crazy to me that ppl think a guy like Luke is somehow a slam dunk upgrade over the buckeye. 

I don’t have any opinion on Musgrave. I just know that the draft bro community is high on him. I was moreso curious as to why you’re high on Ruckert who seems to be a scrappy JAG. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t have any opinion on Musgrave. I just know that the draft bro community is high on him. I was moreso curious as to why you’re high on Ruckert who seems to be a scrappy JAG. 

I'm kind of disappointed, broadly speaking, about the number of fans that feel this way. That's all it took; not making an immediate splash (at a position that rarely sees rookie splashes) despite a foot injury that kept him out of camp, and two FA signings who were locked in for snaps.

March '23 Jets Fans: "Jeremy who?" 

Every year there's 5-8 TEs that are on the draft "radar", often for inflated "receiving chops"... most of them immediately disappear into obscurity. The ones that ascend do so typically in years 2-3, and they profile like Ruckert.

#StayTheCourse

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Wait, Moore is good?

He still had potential, he was a high 2nd round pick, we picked up a 2nd but gave up a 3rd, we did not get decent value for the player.  As I said earlier in this thread, this is the first time I think Douglas got taken in a trade.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He still had potential, he was a high 2nd round pick, we picked up a 2nd but gave up a 3rd, we did not get decent value for the player.  As I said earlier in this thread, this is the first time I think Douglas got taken in a trade.

I think this was the best he could do. Every team knew EM was damaged goods in Joe Ds eyes. But JD wanted him gone.

• Sympathy 1

Not signing Beckham doesn’t make me regret trading Moore.

The guy was acting like an entitled, diva dickbag despite never eclipsing 550 yards receiving.

Sh*t QB play isn’t an excuse when Garrett Wilson already looks like a bonafide superstar on the exact same team.

If Moore gets his head on straight, he’s a quality slot receiver.

Not Antonio Brown. Not Steve Smith. Not DeSean Jackson.

I never understood any of those lofty expectations being tossed around in the first place. The dude was largely invisible outside of a 3 game stretch during his rookie season.

Blatantly dogging routes, cussing out coaches in practice, demanding a trade when the team is at its highest point in at least 7 years, etc.

He can f*ck off in that trash hole they call Cleveland.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Not signing Beckham doesn’t make me regret trading Moore.

The guy was acting like an entitled, diva dickbag despite never eclipsing 550 yards receiving.

Sh*t QB play isn’t an excuse when Garrett Wilson already looks like a bonafide superstar on the exact same team.

If Moore gets his head on straight, he’s a quality slot receiver.

Not Antonio Brown. Not Steve Smith. Not DeSean Jackson.

I never understood any of those lofty expectations being tossed around in the first place. The dude was largely invisible outside of a 3 game stretch during his rookie season.

Blatantly dogging routes, cussing out coaches in practice, demanding a trade when the team is at its highest point in at least 7 years, etc.

He can f*ck off in that trash hole they call Cleveland.

Moore was not good here.  Yes, our QBs all sucked but Moore showed us nothing.  Garrett Wilson still had an excellent statistical year with a parade of trash QBs 

• Upvote 1

Moore was not good here.  Yes, our QBs all sucked but Moore showed us nothing.  Garrett Wilson still had an excellent statistical year with a parade of trash QBs 
... Moore can be an amazing player still ... The talent is there... Can he check his ego and play the damn game is the question.

I will not be surprised if he blows up in Cleveland and becomes a force.

But he sh*t all over the Jets locker room, stopped caring, ran lazy routes and forced his way out. So addition by subtraction for the Jets unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Agree.  Going to be ironic when people who think this trade was good are calling for JD’s head when Moore starts putting up numbers.  

• Sympathy 1

Agree.  Going to be ironic when people who think this trade was good are calling for JD’s head when Moore starts putting up numbers.  
I expect it ...

But the guy forced his way out ... Nuthin' you can do about that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk