Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

Just now, Dcat said:

Assuming that we know all the details (doubtful), I would tend to agree.  Next yrs 1st for the 65% is the dagger in the heart. 

I'm curious how much of the money each side has to swallow.

You also have to wonder, if the jets are crossing their fingers that wilson gets it together so that if the jets don’t have their first rounder, he becomes it.  

Yeah wishful thinking

• Haha 2

Aaron-Rodgers-4-scaled.jpg

Aaron Rodgers is on his way to the New York Jets for what will likely be no more than two NFL seasons and the Green Bay Packers will be handsomely rewarded for moving on from an asset that they didn’t want in the first place.

Trade compensation, per sources:

Jets get:
?Aaron Rodgers, pick No. 15, a 2023 5th-rd pick (No. 170).

Packers get:
?Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-rd pick (No. 42), a 6th-rd pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 2nd-rd pick that becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 65 percent of the plays. pic.twitter.com/Q2vUMfyZGH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 24, 2023

According to Schefter, the Jets will swap first round picks this season, dropping from 13th to 15th, a second-round pick this year (no. 42) and a first round pick next year if Rodgers plays just 65% of the snaps for Gang Green this season.  So barring a major injury to Rodgers, the Jets move down in round 1 while surrendering a 2 this year and likely a 1 next year.  The move down is also the equivalent of a fourth round choice.

There was speculation in recent weeks that the Packers were demanding a guaranteed first rounder next season which the Jets weren’t willing to part with.  But in the end, the Jets essentially guaranteed the Packers their first-round pick next season.

The post Packers Patience Pays off as Jets Cave to Demands in Deal for Aaron Rodgers appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not having a first rounder next year without a viable future at QB, stinks. If he only plays one season and retires the Jets are hosed at QB. Anything less than the Super Bowl this season would be a failure. Jobs are now officially on the line. 

I cant help but wonder if the jets still believe in wilson so that he ultimately becomes the 1st round pick they give up next year. 

• Sympathy 1

Massive overpay. We gave up a quality 2nd a swap of 1st rounders which equates to a 3rd rounder in value. And what will 99% be a 1st rounder in 2024. All with no protection if he retires after this next season.

So we traded a 2nd, 3rd, and a 2024 1st for a 39 year old for possibly only 1 year.

Awful deal. JD lost big time.

If next years first is 29 it’s not terrible. This years second is Elijah Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Cool... dont know why we had to swap if we're giving a second this year and a most likely 1st next year.... that 65% condition is kind of trash .... whatever.

I hope GB Fans hate it as much as I do .... but yeah whatever .... we were always painted into a corner and pretending we weren't... 

The thing is they were stuck in the opposite corner as well and that got way more than they should have for someone they publicly said they weren't gonna keep/play.

One more whatever for good measure... and a meh.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not having a first rounder next year without a viable future at QB, stinks. If he only plays one season and retires the Jets are hosed at QB. Anything less than the Super Bowl this season would be a failure. Jobs are now officially on the line. 

Do you have the authority to fire anyone who works for the Jets?