Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

This is where the Jets draft Anthony Richardson as a developmental QB, run wildcat with him just over a third of the game, and we watch Rodgers smirk every time he’s on the sidelines because he’ll be thrilled they’re sticking it to the Packers.

(For those who can’t read s/f and get upset about the above, this is not a serious post).

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Plus it's not like Manning also writing record books in Denver & then getting a ring there when they were relegated to hiding him like Zach Wilson, running the ball while their D dismantled & humiliated 50-TD league MVP Cam Newton. 

Winning not just in NY/NJ, but specifically with the loser Jets, would be like the Indians winning the pennant in Major League or even Kurt Warner (nearly) winning one on with Arizona. 

I agree big time…..and I think that the things you point out are the key reasons why Rogers wanted and wants to be in a Jets uniform.

All I can say is, ego man Rogers, so long as he stays healthy, is going to provide a level of QB play that Jets fans have never seen before and I for one say we deserve it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If any of us were JD and everyday we have to look at our player roster and see Zach Wilson as our starting QB (until we actually make the trade) that’s got to eat away at you thinking of the terrifying scenario of ZW as your QB on opening day . . . it’s like someone is holding a gun to your head while your negotiating (think of Luca Brasi from the Godfather).

This is just one more way that drafting Zach with our #2 pick continues to screw us both on and off the field. ZW screws us on the field whenever he plays and he also screws us off the field by forcing us to make deals that we know we probably aren’t getting the best terms because of the pressure of knowing ZW is currently your starting QB.

• Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Im clearly older than you and I mean that with no disrespect to you.  

But I have waiting for the Jets to draft a QB of the level of Rogers since 1969 and folks who are complaining about this trade are some of the same folks who bashed me for wanting to draft Mahomes while they gloated we got Jamal Adams!

So no I am not of the mind that the Jets know how to draft a QB and then develop them and again why I am happy with the trade. 

I guess when all we've had to optimistic about is "the future" for many years, some just can't get on board with a move designed to win some football games this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree big time…..and I think that the things you point out are the key reasons why Rogers wanted and wants to be in a Jets uniform.

All I can say is, ego man Rogers, so long as he stays healthy, is going to provide a level of QB play that Jets fans have never seen before and I for one say we deserve it. 

Well, that plus opportunity.

Most teams have a QB in place, eliminating them from consideration.

Then from among those who don't, at least a few of them were armed with high enough picks (or attainable high enough picks) to get started on taking a chance on the next young gun, and/or don't think they're armed enough outside of QB for Rodgers to make a difference; plus those he said at the start of the process he wouldn't go to (a team just starting a rebuild). 

One of the things he surely noticed with Brady's move to Tampa was that, while the team was previously a 7-win loser, it had a lot of talent on paper. It makes the turnaround that much more stark, like he's the only reason they don't suck again. Parcells made that calculation coming to the Jets; that they sucked, but on paper they should've been a lot better. Then add in the opportunity to have his buddy OC also sign here - there had to be a justified OC opening in the first place - wasn't nothing; it seems Rodgers really was miserable with his FO and coaching staff in Green Bay.

I don't think he ever got over the team using a 1st to draft Jordan Love. He's trying to win another ring, is confident he has multiple great seasons left in him, yet the FO seemed more concerned with the direction they'll move towards after they dump him (which - by making that pick - they're suggesting is coming soon). 

Compare that to the Jets. Willing to pay him; willing to trade to get him; willing to sign (or entertain signing) players he liked - not to make him the de facto GM but at least ask him about major decisions before they happen - even if they end up elsewhere; willing to hire his favorite OC; and just in general willing to look to him as the answer without hedging their bet on him.

• Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I'm confused. We already knew this MONTHS AGO. Why is this news?

We still are awaiting details of NEW contract...

Also, this post is misleading. It assumes nothing is changing with even that option bonus. We haven't even confirmed that yet. They have not paid the option bonus because the trade is NOT complete yet.

Thanks!  I thought I was the only one when reading Rap's tweet.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well, that plus opportunity.

Most teams have a QB in place, eliminating them from consideration.

Then from among those who don't, at least a few of them were armed with high enough picks (or attainable high enough picks) to get started on taking a chance on the next young gun, and/or don't think they're armed enough outside of QB for Rodgers to make a difference; plus those he said at the start of the process he wouldn't go to (a team just starting a rebuild). 

One of the things he surely noticed with Brady's move to Tampa was that, while the team was previously a 7-win loser, it had a lot of talent on paper. It makes the turnaround that much more stark, like he's the only reason they don't suck again. Parcells made that calculation coming to the Jets; that they sucked, but on paper they should've been a lot better. Then add in the opportunity to have his buddy OC also sign here - there had to be a justified OC opening in the first place - wasn't nothing; it seems Rodgers really was miserable with his FO and coaching staff in Green Bay.

I don't think he ever got over the team using a 1st to draft Jordan Love. He's trying to win another ring, is confident he has multiple great seasons left in him, yet the FO seemed more concerned with the direction they'll move towards after they dump him (which - by making that pick - they're suggesting is coming soon). 

Compare that to the Jets. Willing to pay him; willing to trade to get him; willing to sign (or entertain signing) players he liked - not to make him the de facto GM but at least ask him about major decisions before they happen - even if they end up elsewhere; willing to hire his favorite OC; and just in general willing to look to him as the answer without hedging their bet on him.

Completely agree on the love pick.  It told him they were either expecting him to fade quickly, or they were ready to move on from him being the man on the packers.  

In the interview where he said he intends to play for the jets, he talked a lot about the new gb front office, how basically nobody was there from the regime that drafted him.  He spoke of the front office in a very detached way, as if their priorities were not aligned with his.  So yes, i do think that the jets brass that met with him in cali, did a great job of convincing him that they’re going to support him in a sb quest.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I have felt three years is indeed really possible….

If the Jets are good, very good, SB competitive good I think Rogers might stay for three years. Why?

Because while he will never win more SBs than Brady, he knows that winning one or even two with the Jets would catapult him past Manning and into a real discussion as to who was better him or Brady…..

It is called the NY/NJ factor and it is a real thing, winning in New York is just different. 

I mean Brady gave Tampa 3 years and he was 42 when he went there as opposed to Aaron whos 39

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Are you serious? They have 58mill bc Q isn't on the books for his deal in that and neither is Rodgers. Put those 2 deals in there and we're over the cap. So we have no money in FA next year. Or we're paying Rodgers for years and years spreading his number out.

You should stop you have no idea how the cap works. You have no idea what Q's salary would be next year. $25 million/year doesn't mean $25 million in salary cap per year. Just stop, you're out of your depth. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Also, this post is misleading. It assumes nothing is changing with even that option bonus. We haven't even confirmed that yet. They have not paid the option bonus because the trade is NOT complete yet.

Yea this isn’t his reworked deal

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Exactly.  

I hate pinning my hopes on Connor Hughes and Boomer Esiason  but if they’re to be believed, a pretty significant contract restructure is coming.

When you see someone in life who is always against something whether it's a Jets fan or whether it's at work it  typically means that they don't have enough balls to go out on a limb and leave themselves vulnerable. They are probably not very bright and so they have no thoughts of their own to contribute. And they probably not very successful people.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m fine with this one. I can’t wait to see Rodgers play QB for us.

I was just commenting on your nonsensical opinion about Winston and whoever else it was you brought up.

wasn't my comment on winston or whomever else that you responded to, but carry on...

28 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Wait. It might get better?

42 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

This is really misleading...."creates $43.7 million of cap space".

So, without the option bonus being converted to a signing bonus, the Jets are $49 million OVER the cap.  With the conversion, the Jets are only $6 million OVER the cap.

And if this is the new contract...a conversion of the option bonus to a signing bonus....without GB picking up any of this money....we really really got screwed.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, neckdemon said:

I think lazard and Hardman will surprise you. No neither is Hopkins, bit idk if landing nuk is feasible

This team is an injury away from having as worse WR core than Rodgers had last year (which I'm continually told is the reason he had his, by far, worse season as a pro)

14 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Exactly.  

I hate pinning my hopes on Connor Hughes and Boomer Esiason  but if they’re to be believed, a pretty significant contract restructure is coming.

Ian's tweet suggests nothing different than what was expected.  convert bonus into signing bonus which spreads out cap hit for 4 years.

I think there is plenty of confusion around the option.... another article I read said Green bay picked up the option.....  considering the trade isnt official pending physical etc. Dont know how we could pick up his option yet.

GB had to be eating some money  but whatever time will tell.