Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

55 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Seems we suddenly have several seemingly very angry/intolerant low-post-count guys telling forum regulars to **** off, that no one cares what they think, etc.? 

Just the start of the influx of "fans" now that we have Rodgers?

This is just the beginning 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

It depends whether we get two years of Rodgers or just one. If Arod plays for two more years at an above average-borderline elite level I'm fine with the deal. But giving up a first for a one-year rental would hurt.

He said in 2022 that he could see himself playing 4 more years. I'm convinced he just wanted out of GB.  He will be all in with the Jets. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

@Sperm Edwards

Dear sir... 

I do think it's time to merge this with the "Aaron Rodgers to the Jets Rumor" thread to create the 500 page Mega Daddy thread heading into the draft. 

Kindly, 

Everyone 

Nope.

This is a different topic. Plus however many people were already 50-100 (or more) pages behind, and they'd have to click the pagination links to get to the start of the "ok, starting with Monday afternoon April 24th..."

Everyone doesn't want this. If it was that important to you then you should have made 30 more pages worth of posts in that thread yourself. ;) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I agree.  The Packers were adamant about getting a 1st round pick, and they essentially got that 1st round pick next year.  Green Bay got what they wanted.  I don't mind the exchange of 1st round picks this year, and I expected the Jets to give up one of their 2nd round picks this year.  We got back a 5th round pick, and gave up a 6th round pick, which is a win for the Jets.
The dagger in the heart was giving up the 1st round pick for next year.  If the Jets somehow bad this year, that 1st round pick becomes a major deal.  If the Jets make the playoffs, then the pick will be a lower 16 pick.  The conditional 1st round pick for next year should have been getting to the second round of the playoffs this year.  Then the 1st round pick would have been somewhere between 25 and 32.

Risk/reward , if we stink for 2-3 years it was a bad deal, if he plays 2 years and we get close it was a fair deal, if we are celebrating in the next 2 years what we gave up won’t matter. if he had been traded last year after his mvp season would have been 2-3 first round picks

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

What was your prior screen name before you were banned?  You have troll written all over you.
Why am I a troll? Because I want to enjoy the fact that we have a capable QB for the first time in forever? I was 2 when the Jets won the SB so I don't have that memory to hang on to. And this is my original and only screen name.
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Dcat said:
What was your prior screen name before you were banned?  You have troll written all over you.

Why am I a troll? Because I want to enjoy the fact that we have a capable QB for the first time in forever? I was 2 when the Jets won the SB so I don't have that memory to hang on to. And this is my original and only screen name.

OK then. You sure as heck post like one guy who has been banned multiple times. My mistake.  I'm thrilled to have Rodgers.  But that doesn't mean we can't look at some of the negatives in this process, which there are many, going back to JDs 1st season here.

• Haha 1

Edgar Allen Poe weighs in

Once upon a midnight dreary, as the sports world murmured, weak and weary,
Over many a faint and forgotten trade rumor of quarterback lore—
While they pondered, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at the league's door.
"'Tis some free agent," muttered fans, "tapping at the league's door—
Only this and nothing more."

The Jets, in the shadows dwelling, sought a quarterback foretelling
Their rise from depths of misery and despair, a dream they did implore.
With longing for a leader, they beseeched the skies and roamed the moor,
With bated breath, they'd wait no more.

And the eerie silence breaking, with the NFL world shaking,
In there stepped a stately Rodgers, with a mind for game and more.
Full of mystery and cunning, his golden arm through defenses running,
He had flown from Green Bay's shore—
Seeking solace, seeking vengeance, seeking triumph evermore.

"To our humble house we welcome thee," cried the Jets, with bated breath,
As the specter of victory seemed to shroud their fate, to bind and tether.
"Quoth the Rodgers, 'Nevermore,' shall I dwell within the frozen North,
Yet to you, my talents forth, I shall lend in search of conquest's wreath."

To this pact, the Jets did sigh, their hopes ascendant to the sky.
For the price of youth and treasure, now and henceforth pledged forever,
A future mortgaged for a present shining bright with Rodgers' might,
To end the wretched midnight's blight, they whispered softly, "Nevermore."

And the shadows deep did shift, as the league awoke and spirits lift,
A tale of fortunes altered, now intertwined in destiny's lore.
The Jets and Rodgers, locked in fate, their common cause to celebrate,
In the crypts of time, they'd inscribe the date, when a trade did end their woes of yore.

Thus the raven, on the league's floor, looked upon the Jets and whispered, "Nevermore."
And the trade was made, with dreams unfazed, Rodgers and the Jets for glory sought—
But what awaits them in the dawn, only time and fate shall spawn,
As the echoes of the past sing soft, the haunting words, "Nevermore."

written by chat-gpt 4

• Upvote 1

OK then. You sure as heck post like one guy who has been banned multiple times. My mistake.  I'm thrilled to have Rodgers.  But that doesn't mean we can't look at some of the negatives in this process, which there are many, going back to JDs 1st season here.
Have I really posted anything worthy of a ban?

18 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Draft Broderick Jones or D. Wright rd 1

Draft top center Rd 2.

Draft top wr rd 3 like Tyler Scott or Tank Dell 

That should assuming everyone is healthy get the jets to the AFC championship at the very least. 

I agree w/ rds. 1 & 2, but the Jets don't have a 3rd round pick as of yet.

2 hours ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

As league insider Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Jets have already converted a portion of Rodgers’ salary into a signing bonus, which frees up a ton of cap space for the team as they continue to try to make a splash in free agency.

“For his 2023 salary, the #Jets picking up Aaron Rodgers’ already guaranteed option bonus of $58.3M means that it converts to a signing bonus for cap reasons — creating $43.7M of cap space and making his 2023 hit $15.7M,” Rapoport said in a tweet on Tuesday morning.

That's not his reworked deal, that's his existing cap hit.  And until the Jets officially pick up his option, whatever it costs, his cap hit for them when he first joins the team is less than $2 million. 

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

As of right now rodgers only costs the jets 15 mill on the cap. But jets are also over the cap by about 7 million. Even if they magically bring his cap hit down to 1 million, jets have just enough money to sign their draft picks. Atleast if I’m reading this correctly

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets

They are jumping the gun. They're assuming that option bonus will stay the same. Also,  until the Jets officially pick up that option, which doesn't have to be done till week 1, his cap hit is less than $1 million bc that's his existing base salary. The picking up of the option triggers the other $14 million in used cap space.

We win a SB and what we gave up and all doesn't matter.
But let's not act like winning a SB is easy. Especially being in the AFC where there's 2-3 teams just as good as us, if not better.
A distinct improvement on the 12-13 teams who were better than us before this trade!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
3 hours ago, Dcat said:

You could’ve just told him to GFY and kept a semblance of your manhood… but whatever. ?

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Nope.

This is a different topic. Plus however many people were already 50-100 (or more) pages behind, and they'd have to click the pagination links to get to the start of the "ok, starting with Monday afternoon April 24th..."

Everyone doesn't want this. If it was that important to you then you should have made 30 more pages worth of posts in that thread yourself. ;) 

Why do you encourage them? 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I know he’s undersized, but Kancey looks very good.

If they can move down a bit from #15 and still get him, that would not be a terrible fallback option if PJ, Skoronski and JSN are all gone.

Sam Monson loves him too apparently 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-nfl-is-calijah-kancey-the-next-los-angeles-rams-aaron-donald

Kancey does look very good. I wonder if someone more stout, like Mazi Smith, would work better next to Q.

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

37 pages in 22 hours is pretty impressive though!

That 455 page monster took 8 weeks to come to fruition.

Yea but like a third of it was on like March 6th or something like that

• Upvote 1