NFL schedule release targeted for May 11

Larz

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

Raiders and Broncos back to back Christmas Eve and NYE would suck.  At least for those of us who would want to travel to either or both of those. 

Christmas Eve at 405 is a no go for us Italians. Feast of the Seven Fishes trumps football.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Christmas Eve at 405 is a no go for us Italians. Feast of the Seven Fishes trumps football.

Not an issue for those of us who celebrate Chanukah, although finding someone willing to travel with me that weekend will be a challenge.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not an issue for those of us who celebrate Chanukah, although finding someone willing to travel with me that weekend will be a challenge.

I get that they have to play that weekend, but there are times family is the priority. Our Eve goes on so late into the night it’s not even worth tivoing the game. ?‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I get that they have to play that weekend, but there are times family is the priority. Our Eve goes on so late into the night it’s not even worth tivoing the game. ?‍♂️

I get it, I have a few weekends each season that are off limits due to family.

Have not seen anything else indicating that the schedule has leaked, so at this point, I am just hoping it is fake.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

I get it, I have a few weekends each season that are off limits due to family.

Have not seen anything else indicating that the schedule has leaked, so at this point, I am just hoping it is fake.

Agreed, but these “leaks” have been pretty accurate (at least going back to 2018) from what I remember. We’ll know by tomorrow. ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I honestly don’t understand why people get up in arms over the order of a schedule.  You have to play who you have to play.  If the beginning is rough, that means the back-end is light.  If the front is soft, the end will be hard.  You’re still playing the same teams.  I, genuinely, can’t remember the last time any fanbase looked at a schedule and said “oh wow, that’s pretty nice.”

Chiefs bills back to back is the bad part. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tezza said:

This is a leak, not sure how accurate?

image.png.dfa4a64a2f0599c00724ba83f64a8b9d.png

What I think sucks most is the first Day Home Game isn't until week 7.

Hate going to night games and really like the warm weather tailgates...

And even that is a 4:00....1st 1:00 home is week 10...

• Sympathy 1

What I think sucks most is the first Day Home Game isn't until week 7.
Hate going to night games and really like the warm weather tailgates...
I agree I'm hopeful of going to a game with the family but as we have a little one we bring to the game I prefer 1pm games.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I, honestly, don’t understand why people get up in arms over the order of a schedule.  You have to play who you have to play.  If the beginning is rough, that means the back-end is light.  If the front is soft, the end will be hard.  You’re still playing the same teams.  I, genuinely, can’t remember the last time any fanbase looked at a schedule and said “oh wow, that’s pretty nice.”  All we should really be concerned with is the BYE week, and I’d have no issues with it being week 11.

They have a pretty tough schedule this year though (at least on paper), Moggz.

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They have a pretty tough schedule this year though (at least on paper), Moggz.

They always did though.  We’ve known who we were playing for months now.  Order doesn’t matter as much as we think it does, that’s all I’m saying.  You gotta play who you gotta play.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I, honestly, don’t understand why people get up in arms over the order of a schedule.  You have to play who you have to play.  If the beginning is rough, that means the back-end is light.  If the front is soft, the end will be hard.  You’re still playing the same teams.  I, genuinely, can’t remember the last time any fanbase looked at a schedule and said “oh wow, that’s pretty nice.”  All we should really be concerned with is the BYE week, and I’d have no issues with it being week 11.

I think where it matters is that there are marginal teams that probably have to get off to a good start to have a decent season. So a 0.500ish teams can probably get buried early. 

but for a team hoping to contend, I agree with you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Agree completely. To take it a step further, "projections" this early are often off. Last year was a perfect example of it... we all looked at our schedule and figured "the front-half of the schedule is a gauntlet- if they can get to the bye 5-4 or 4-5 the team could still make the playoffs how easy the back-half of the schedule is"... that surely didn't age well. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

19 minutes ago, football guy said:

Agree completely. To take it a step further, "projections" this early are often off. Last year was a perfect example of it... we all looked at our schedule and figured "the front-half of the schedule is a gauntlet- if they can get to the bye 5-4 or 4-5 the team could still make the playoffs how easy the back-half of the schedule is"... that surely didn't age well. 

Sad Nodding GIF by Badehotellet

If there is any reason the order of the schedule matters, it's the importance of the Jets coming out strong in those first two games. The team can make the playoffs with losses to two likely division champs. Beating out two potential wildcard competitors ensures two head to head tie breakers fall in our favor of seeing a playoff game. 

• Upvote 1

A dueling never plays out sometimes the way you think. Look at last year we had what looked like a hard schedule to start the year and easy schedule after the bye. But we played the tough teams great and the teams that we thought wouldn’t be good were good and made the end of the season harder than we thought. So you never know what the schedule will actually look like. Teams that some think will be good won’t be and some that no one body is talking about will be good. Just play the best we can each week is all we can control.

On 5/8/2023 at 12:37 PM, WILLY said:

According to a report from the German Bild newspaper the two NFL games in Germany for 2023 will see the Kansas City Chiefs vs. the Chicago Bears and the New England Patriots vs. the New Orleans Saints.

Per the report, the two games will be played at Deutsche Bank Park in Frankfurt. The games will be played in consecutive weeks, on Nov. 10 and Nov. 19. The AFC clubs, the Chiefs and Patriots, will be the “home” teams.

The report also added that the Chiefs are expected to play a 2024 game against the Carolina Panthers in Munich, though that hasn’t been confirmed.

Screw overseas games . football is american . Play soccer over there .