Sports Illustrated NFL power rankings - Jets #6

Tell ya what fellas, Fidelio Bitonti is retiring.

I grew up in NY, where gentle chop busting was a daily thing. Never meant to rustle feathers nor was I even disrespectful or vicious but there are some out there not named fidelio or bitonti that have zero sense of humor so rather than make trouble for the mods  this is my last post.

BYE!!!

p.s. I did not invent he user name, someone else posted it and thought it was a great name to goof a bit. Ok bye it was fun while it lasted

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fidelio Bitonti said:

Delusion Jet fans want to believe were #6, but were closer to #26.

We sacrificed the future of a young team by signing Joe Biden to play QB and the pickins will be slim for signing our young stars like Quinnen

But hey, I guess I'm just an eggplant parsmesian lacking pessimist

If Joe Biden was our backup QB last year the Jets make the playoffs.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

1 Eagles
2 Chiefs
3 Bengals
4 Bills
5 49ers
6 Jets
7 Ravens
8 Lions
9 Cowboys
10 Jags
11 Colts
12 Chargers
13 Dolphins

14 vaGiants

Most of these team rankings can be correlated to QB rankings for all except the 49ers who have a very well rounded team regardless of Qb.

Remove Rodgers and we are in the 22-28 range. Colts is a surprise at #11. Jags climbing steadily with TL.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Most of these team rankings can be correlated to QB rankings for all except the 49ers who have a very well rounded team regardless of Qb.

Remove Rodgers and we are in the 22-28 range. Colts is a surprise at #11. Jags climbing steadily with TL.

9 of the top 13 in the AFC is expected, but still concerning.

I don’t get the Colts at #11 either. 
Another one is the Vikings. I know “my” Giants beat them in the playoffs last year, but didn’t they have one of the best records in the league?

I would say we are a solid playoff team.  Our defense was #5 overall and #3 from week 4-17.   On defense, we added a new monster on the edge, upgraded the strong safety position, and replaced Rankins at DT.  On offense, there is Rodgers, another power back, Upgraded WR and Slot and Becton replaces a serious weakness at OT.

If the defense is as stellar as last year, we will be a team no-one wants to play.  If Rodgers regains his MVP form, having vastly improved weapons, his old coordinator and being healthy, we could really make some noise.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Sports Junkies on DC Radio (a DC sports radio institution) had a Pats beat guy on this morning, talking Bruins in part, and then it shifted to the NFL and draft, where he said, and I quote "The Jets are definitely a Super Bowl contender this year".

Yep, just so they can point and laugh later. I'm not listening till nobody till Brady Quinn chimes in. 

15 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

I would say we are a solid playoff team.  Our defense was #5 overall and #3 from week 4-17.   On defense, we added a new monster on the edge, upgraded the strong safety position, and replaced Rankins at DT.  On offense, there is Rodgers, another power back, Upgraded WR and Slot and Becton replaces a serious weakness at OT.

If the defense is as stellar as last year, we will be a team no-one wants to play.  If Rodgers regains his MVP form, having vastly improved weapons, his old coordinator and being healthy, we could really make some noise.

200.gif

4 hours ago, Fidelio Bitonti said:

Delusion Jet fans want to believe were #6, but were closer to #26.

We sacrificed the future of a young team by signing Joe Biden to play QB and the pickins will be slim for signing young stars like Quinnen

But hey, I guess I'm just an eggplant parsmesian lacking pessimist

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

FYP. 

I don't know why both Fid and Bit don't report every single post you make tbqh, nor do I get why the Mods are allowing this to continue.  

Multiple personality disorder shaming.   Have a little compassion.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So McDonald, day 1, is already a "monster"?  You think this miiiight just be a bit premature?

Yeah I mean damn I get the strategy but dude could be a monster… bust.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

does Rogers really move us up that much?

what would our ranking be with carr/jimmy g?  what about any backup - teddy b for example.

seems that 6 is too high.

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re smart to not even bother with the mods. If they perceive you as having a “contrarian“ view, you’re their bad guy. 

Thats really not fair.

I would say the mods do a good job of fair treatment and the truth is there is really very very little infighting and rude behavior going on in this forum to begin with for it to even be an issue.

Honestly, imo, if you have ever had to contact the mods to "report" another poster, AND / OR actually have used the "ignore" feature its a safe bet that your are the one with issues, not the mods or other posters

Ive been posting on jet sites for like 20 years and have seen a lot of vicious personal attacks as well as a "click" of mods that would ban you if quickly if you stray from the narrative. This place is super fair. 

You know how many times I've contacted mods? In 20 years? maybe twice and that waS AT JI. Here, maybe one time a long time ago. Ignore list? No, I dont even know where the feature is or how to use it.

Be more like me

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

9 of the top 13 in the AFC is expected, but still concerning.

I don’t get the Colts at #11 either. 
Another one is the Vikings. I know “my” Giants beat them in the playoffs last year, but didn’t they have one of the best records in the league?

The Vikings were either undefeated or very close to undefeated (too lazy to look it up) in one score games last year. Chances are they aren't so lucky in close games two years in a row (similar to what happened to the raiders last year). 

22 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Thats really not fair.

I would say the mods do a good job of fair treatment and the truth is there is really very very little infighting and rude behavior going on in this forum to begin with for it to even be an issue.

Honestly, imo, if you have ever had to contact the mods to "report" another poster, AND / OR actually have used the "ignore" feature its a safe bet that your are the one with issues, not the mods or other posters

Ive been posting on jet sites for like 20 years and have seen a lot of vicious personal attacks as well as a "click" of mods that would ban you if quickly if you stray from the narrative. This place is super fair. 

You know how many times I've contacted mods? In 20 years? maybe twice and that waS AT JI. Here, maybe one time a long time ago. Ignore list? No, I dont even know where the feature is or how to use it.

Be more like me

“Be more like me…” uh, hubris much?

Thanks, but I’ve never once put anyone on ignore, and I made the mistake of contacting a mod one time. I can also assure you it will be the last time.

Good talk though.?

24 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Thats really not fair.

Be more like me

I have lots of issues.

issues.jpg.ed9c83b3b9a4aec7dc8ae344c4f55f17.jpg

43 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Thanks, but I’ve never once put anyone on ignore, and I made the mistake of contacting a mod one time. I can also assure you it will be the last time.

Good talk though.?

Hope you have been having your fun.  Since I am the mod you have been spamming the board about for the last day and a half, with no apparent end in site, I am going to respond.  

I am sorry that you were offended that I did not respond by banning another poster for you.  You and he were engaged in personal attacks the day before and I asked you both to knock it off.  You both did.  Next day, he made a reference about you to another poster.  At which time you started tagging me.   This mod, whom you have been telling the board takes no action reached out privately to one party.  He responded like a mature adult so I took no further action.  The other party, well he has been spamming the board playing victim for a day and a half.

I never said that you were a bad guy.  All I said in my post is that if you are going to fill the board with negative takes, at a time when most people are feeling good about the direction of the team, then you can expect some pushback.  I meant from other posters, not from me or any other mods.  I stand by that comment.  Nowhere did I say you were a bad guy.  Nowhere did I say that I will not act if you are treated in a way that violates the site rules.  Yet you have been flaunting that narrative about me for a day and a half now.  

Good talk though.

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hope you have been having your fun.  Since I am the mod you have been spamming the board about for the last day and a half, with no apparent end in site, I am going to respond.  

I am sorry that you were offended that I did not respond by banning another poster for you.  You and he were engaged in personal attacks the day before and I asked you both to knock it off.  You both did.  Next day, he made a reference about you to another poster.  At which time you started tagging me.   This mod, whom you have been telling the board takes no action reached out privately to one party.  He responded like a mature adult so I took no further action.  The other party, well he has been spamming the board playing victim for a day and a half.

I never said that you were a bad guy.  All I said in my post is that if you are going to fill the board with negative takes, at a time when most people are feeling good about the direction of the team, then you can expect some pushback.  I meant from other posters, not from me or any other mods.  I stand by that comment.  Nowhere did I say you were a bad guy.  Nowhere did I say that I will not act if you are treated in a way that violates the site rules.  Yet you have been flaunting that narrative about me for a day and a half now.  

Good talk though.

Maybe if you had reached out to me privately also the way you had to him, instead of going on in front of everyone about me starting a thread “to belabor my contrarian position” I’d have reacted in a completely different manner, same as the other person.

Like almost everyone here, I’ve always thought very highly of you @Lith but I couldn’t have been more disappointed and upset with how you handled this yesterday.
You asked us Sunday night to ignore each other and behave like adults. I thought I did by tagging you rather than engaging him when he was obviously trying to get a rise from me a few hours later.

Good talk? I don’t know about that, but as far as I’m concerned at least we’ve finally had one., and now we hopefully can move on.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Maybe if you had reached out to me, the way you had to him, instead of going on in front of everyone about me starting a thread “to belabor my contrarian position” I’d have reacted in a completely different manner, same as the other person.

Like almost everyone here, I’ve always thought very highly of you @Lith but I couldn’t have been more disappointed and upset with how you handled this yesterday.
You asked us Sunday night to ignore each other and behave like adults. I thought I did by tagging you rather than engaging him when he was obviously trying to get a rise from me a few hours later.

Good talk? I don’t know about that, but as far as I’m concerned at least we’ve finally had one., and now we hopefully can move on.

Happy to move on and put this behind us.  I try to do my best as a mod, but can't say I will always make the right decisions.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Good talk though.?

That’s good that means you’re a lot like me and that’s a great thing to be honey

• Haha 1