Sports Illustrated NFL power rankings - Jets #6

11 minutes ago, Fidelio Bitonti said:

Delusion Jet fans want to believe were #6, but were closer to #26.

We sacrificed the future of a young team by signing Joe Biden to play QB and the pickins will be slim for signing our young stars like Quinnen

But hey, I guess I'm just an eggplant parsmesian lacking pessimist

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Jets at 6 and Lions at 8?

D4810BEF-31FA-400F-9527-CC0224CA1CFF.gif

I think nationally, when it comes to sorry ass franchises, the Jets do still rank slightly above the Lions. I wonder if both teams were ever in the top ten on a list like this before. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

I think nationally, when it comes to sorry ass franchises, the Jets do still rank slightly above the Lions. I wonder if both teams were ever in the top ten on a list like this before. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/neil-reynolds-week-9-power-rankings-2022  we hit 10 last year.  If you mean together?  It's probably been a long while.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Fidelio Bitonti said:

Delusion Jet fans want to believe were #6, but were closer to #26.

We sacrificed the future of a young team by signing Joe Biden to play QB and the pickins will be slim for signing our young stars like Quinnen

But hey, I guess I'm just an eggplant parsmesian lacking pessimist

Had to get that thinly veiled Biden slam in, eh? 

• Upvote 1

I’m trying to do the math here but wouldn’t being #6 mean winning a game in the wild card round, then being eliminated the next week in the divisional round?

I won’t start another poll here to support my contrarian position, (because i don’t have one) but would most here be happy with that?

The Sports Junkies on DC Radio (a DC sports radio institution) had a Pats beat guy on this morning, talking Bruins in part, and then it shifted to the NFL and draft, where he said, and I quote "The Jets are definitely a Super Bowl contender this year".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

FYP. 

I don't know why both Fid and Bit don't report every single post you make tbqh, nor do I get why the Mods are allowing this to continue.  

You watch what you say about the 2023 JN Captain!

And I really, really hope they DO report every post of his, only to be ignored by the mods, because that would be even more hilarious.  

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m trying to do the math here but wouldn’t being #6 mean winning a game in the wild card round, then being eliminated the next week in the divisional round?

I won’t start another poll here to support my contrarian position, (because i don’t have one) but would most here be happy with that?

That sounds about right 

and assuming Rodgers is playing here more than one year, I honestly would be happy with that, overall 

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

FYP. 

I don't know why both Fid and Bit don't report every single post you make tbqh, nor do I get why the Mods are allowing this to continue.  

I can honestly say that doesn't bother me.  It's childish.

With that said there is a theme here...

It seems having opinions here against the norm is mostly not acceptable.  Wether positive or negative.  Either follow the pre-approved message from the bullies or be attacked by everyone

The fake name thing is sily and childish, no problem with that.  

The very nasty personal attacks are quite a bit different.  But complaining to Mods isn't my thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It seems having opinions here against the norm is mostly not acceptable.  Wether positive or negative.  Either follow the pre-approved message from the bullies or be attacked by everyone

The very nasty personal attacks are quite a bit different.  But complaining to Mods isn't my thing.

Mike Pence Meanie GIF by Election 2016

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Takes a bigger man to not report. LOL

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You’re smart to not even bother with the mods. If they perceive you as having a “contrarian“ view, you’re their bad guy. 

• Upvote 1