stop with the JSN hate

10 minutes ago, kmnj said:

in 2021 he had over 1600 yards and 9 tds-he was the best WR on his team-who were the other two guys at wr there that year-Garett Wilson and Chris Olave. His season was the best in Ohio State's history 

And that would wrong.  He put up numbers.  Place and Wilson are easily the more talented WRs.  Not close.  

15 minutes ago, kmnj said:

seriously reading some of the anti JSN threads I wonder if the haters actually watched the guy play

in 2021 he had over 1600 yards and 9 tds-he was the best WR on his team-who were the other two guys at wr there that year-Garett Wilson and Chris Olave. His season was the best in Ohio State's history 

on the biggest stage he had almost 350 yards and 3tds 

yes last year was injured(sometimes players do get hurt) but he is an elite WR-guys on here talking about how Hardman is the same or better is crazy-ask Garret Wilson what he thinks about JSN -

“Jaxon is as good as I’ve ever seen, probably the best I’ve ever seen,” Wilson said 

“Jaxon is the most natural athlete I’ve ever seen.”

JAXON, I MEAN HE'S EVERYTHING AND THEN SOME, FOR SURE."

Being like I am, I’m one of the people that, I feel like I’m the best on the field every time,” Wilson said. “I saw Jaxon for the time I was like, ‘OK.’ Jaxon, I mean he’s everything and then some, for sure.”

If you like Joe's first round pick(I think it was terrible ) that is fine but the hate about JSN is misguided and very inaccurate

Then how and why did he last until #20?  Apparently there were a number of teams who don't agree with the JSN pre-draft advertisement above. 

I guess it will remain one of life's great mysteries.   

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I’ve never watched JSN play one game or even one snap, so I’ve nothing to say about him good or bad, but didn’t AJ Brown pretty much say all that about Elijah Moore?

Players are always providing pre-draft plugs for their friends or players from their schools.  That's what the OP was.  All overblown. 

• Upvote 1

Don't hate him, never did, don't intend to. I'm on record as wanting us to draft him. Also on record as not hating WMD, and being fully OK with the fact that professional football people made a different decision with that pick vs. what I would have done based off second / third hand info and zero film analysis. :-)  

He's no GW though. ;) 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Players are always providing pre-draft plugs for their friends or players from their schools.  That's what the OP was.  All overblown. 

Yeah maybe exactly that. I wouldn’t know, and hey maybe he was the far better pick at 15, but just saying I’ve heard this before about one we did take. They’re friends ffs, so it’s not an automatic yes/no fact from some unbiased source

If he was the pick, I would’ve been fine with it. He wasn’t, and I’m fine with that, too. I’m excited at the premium athlete at the premium position over (at best) the next Wes Welker at #15 overall. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 2

Just now, Dcat said:

Then how and why did he last until #20?  Apparently there were a number of teams who don't agree with the JSN pre-draft advertisement above. 

I guess it will remain one of life's great mysteries.   

Better WR than JSN have been drafted later than #20. League is awash from elite WR's who went in 2nd round. Teams regularly bypass on elite talent.

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

Better WR than JSN have been drafted later than #20. Teams regularly bypass on elite talent.

They sure do.  Imagine the possibility of many teams lamenting because they mis-graded and passed over McDonald.  Could be as many or more than for JSN!   That has as much probability as the majority here who "know" (magic is a wonderful thing) that JSN was the better pick.

All the JN posters who adamantly claim that JSN (or even Kincaid, LOL) was the better pick are just as likely to be wrong as JD (probably Saleh) in picking McDonald.  Nobody knows. Except the rabble here of course.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slats said:

If he was the pick, I would’ve been fine with it. He wasn’t, and I’m fine with that, too. I’m excited at the premium athlete at the premium position over (at best) the next Wes Welker at #15 overall. 

image.jpeg

Weaknesses
  • Vast majority of his production came in one season.
  • Rolls into his breaks with top-heavy momentum.
  • Lacks suddenness for separation in and out of breaks.
  • Below average top-end speed to win vertically.
  • Likely to be viewed as a slot-only option.
  • Lacks burst to elude after the catch.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

They sure do.  Imagine the possibility of many teams lamenting because they mis-graded and passed over McDonald.  Could be as many or more than for JSN!   That has as much probability as the majority here who "know" (magic is a wonderful thing) that JSN was the better pick.

All the JN posters who adamantly claim that JSN (or even Kincaid, LOL) was the better pick are just as likely to be wrong as JD (probably Saleh) in picking McDonald.  Nobody knows. Except the rabble here of course.

To be clear, I've never claimed I "know" anything.

All I've said is that I would have picked JSN at #15, and Schmitz in the 2nd.  I think they're the better talents.

But as noted above, we didn't.  It is what it is.  There really is little point being mad now, time will tell who the hits and misses of this class are, and only time will tell us if JD was right or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, slats said:

image.jpeg

Jets fans are treating this kid like he’s some sort of dynamo when in reality he projects as a Jamison Crowder-type out of the slot who caught all of 5 balls last season.

If this was last year, not a single one of these wideouts would’ve gone in the 1st round.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I must say, I did not predict this bizarre, post-draft infatuation with JSN, a nice WR who is projected as a slot guy and didn't get picked until #20 overall. The vast majority of posters here wanted an OT or wanted to trade down. But I guess since the tackles were all of the board at 15 and JD decided not to trade down, JSN is now Tyreek Hill? Lucky Seahawks, I guess. 

That sums up what's happened here very nicely. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

To be clear, I've never claimed I "know" anything.

All I've said is that I would have picked JSN at #15, and Schmitz in the 2nd.  I think they're the better talents.

But as noted above, we didn't.  It is what it is.  There really is little point being mad now, time will tell who the hits and misses of this class are, and only time will tell us if JD was right or not.

You like Schmitz better than Tippman?  I thought Tippman was generally preferred.  Particularly for a zone scheme.  

JSN is pretty much a slot guy.  You can see why in his RAS above.  His speed is meh, he is not very big or long, but his agility numbers are great.  He is less likely to be the type of guy that you can move around.  I know you and I have different views of the slot, but I stand by my main statement which is a good outside receiver will thrive in the slot, but a good slot receiver will not necessarily thrive outside.  Generally slot limited guys can be had later on.  I'm not saying they will be as effective as JSN, but there are questions if he is limited to being primarily a slot and that knocks him down some.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You like Schmitz better than Tippman?  I thought Tippman was generally preferred.  Particularly for a zone scheme.

I did, but not enough to feel much about it.  I'm just glad we got a Center. 

I just hope the concerns about Tipps height don't come to be an issue.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

JSN is pretty much a slot guy.  You can see why in his RAS above.  His speed is meh, he is not very big or long, but his agility numbers are great.  He is less likely to be the type of guy that you can move around.  I know you and I have different views of the slot, but I stand by my main statement which is a good outside receiver will thrive in the slot, but a good slot receiver will not necessarily thrive outside.  Generally slot limited guys can be had later on.  I'm not saying they will be as effective as JSN, but there are questions if he is limited to being primarily a slot and that knocks him down some.

Yup, as I said, it's done, he wasn't picked.  No point debating it really.  Time to move on for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

A slot ONLY WR who lacks twitch shouldn't be a #1 pick.  If he was in last year's draft he would've been a 2nd

or 3rd round pick:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaxon-smith-njigba/3200534d-4982-9636-a18c-5da6fbdaa80c

He got pushed up boards because the draft was weak

Lacks twitch?  Weren't his agility numbers pretty great?  How do you judge "twitch?"  40 and jumps?  Looking above, I guess his 10 yard split kinda blows.  Does that indicate a lack of twitch or a bad start on that 40?