Giants beat writer has a message for NY Jets fans (***All time low*** /8.3 QB Rating/ 0 TDs/2 INT, sacked 6 times)

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Beause they made a deal they were able to use the tag on Barkley this year which was 10.1 million.  Less than his cap would be if they gave him a contract.  They got both Jones and Barkley for less than the tag on Jones would be this year in terms of cap space.

The cap is going up.  They believe in Jones.  He's in his prime.  It was the right move to get some continuity out of the program when the teams cap situation wasn't great.  

Yeah they had to keep him but expectations are different now he's not the underdog he's expected to play like a top 10 QB and win.....never been a Giant hater so I'm rooting for him will be fun to watch....I hate how they play at the same time these days not as locked in on them. 

• Upvote 2

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah they had to keep him but expectations are different now he's not the underdog he's expected to play like a top 10 QB and win.....never been a Giant hater so I'm rooting for him will be fun to watch....I hate how they play at the same time these days not as locked in on them. 

I would love to see a Jets/Giants SB in my lifetime.  It would be insane.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

We didn't sign Rodgers and his Super friends to lose the earth to the Lex Luthor.

Ok. Douglas and Saleh still don’t have to win the SB to keep their jobs, lol. It’s pretty absurd to suggest otherwise. 

Should we qualify for the postseason, Douglas likely gets an extension shortly thereafter. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Ok. The Douglas and Saleh still don’t have to win the SB to keep their jobs, lol. It’s pretty absurd to suggest otherwise. 

Should we qualify for the postseason, Douglas likely gets an extension shortly thereafter. 

Douglas deserves an extension.  Saleh hasn't proven he's a second rate HC yet.  

So after laughing and mocking Bob Bookover for like 15 minutes, I decided to try and put myself in the shoes of a Giants homer. On one hand, there are things to really like about Jones. Nice completion percentage and efficiency with a very mediocre WR/TE group. Great mobility/scrambling ability. Has experience winning some games in NY. Still young. I'd probably be pretty excited to see what he could develop into if I were a Giants fan. 

On the other hand - His breakout year came in year 4 of his rookie deal (concern?), he was awful in the playoffs (it happens, all great QBs have had stinker playoff games), he is now grossly overpaid (it happens, the Giants  probably had to give him the bag), and finally, expectations are now much higher. 

Rodgers is a 4 time MVP two years removed from winning back to back MVPs. Comparing Jones to him is obviously silly. But I'd probably be talking myself into Jones if I were a Giants fan. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Cool. The point remains. 

We shall see.  I was surprised at how badly Saleh lost the team last year.  I thought he deserved to be canned after the Detroit game.  Douglas seems to be doing okay, building the roster. 

I could see Saleh being the anchor that holds the Jets back next year.  He seems like the weakest link.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

So, just to be clear, you believe that if the Jets make the playoffs, but let's say lose in the AFC title game, that Douglas or Saleh could get fired? 

I could see a scenario where Saleh mismanages us to a road playoff game and mismanges the game and we lose in the first round.  

Douglas shouldn't get fired no matter what happens.  Saleh has been a crappy HC for 2 years.  If he continues for a third year he should be canned.  

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I could see a scenario where Saleh mismanages us to a road playoff game and mismanges the game and we lose in the first round.  

Douglas shouldn't get fired no matter what happens.  Saleh has been a crappy HC for 2 years.  If he continues for a third year he should be canned.  

Ok, well that is a very specific scenario. 

The reality is, if the Jets are in the playoffs, Saleh is likely not going anywhere.

And, either way, he certainly doesn't have to win the SB! That was a bit over the top, friend. 

• Upvote 1

Ok, well that is a very specific scenario. 

The reality is, if the Jets are in the playoffs, Saleh is likely not going anywhere.

And, either way, he certainly doesn't have to win the SB! That was a bit over the top, friend. 

Saleh can't win a SB.  He's an awful HC.  That was hyperbole on my part.  

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

Who gives a ****?

Just go out there and win.  Turn the Jets offense into an offense that is feared.

I absolutely hate all of the "rankings" hot takes that define today's sports media.  I don't care about your top 5 or top 10 list.  I don't care if you have one guy ranked two spots above some other guy.  I don't care what teams you have in your Superbowl bubble.  It's all subjective, biased nonsense.

• Upvote 1

It's funny because Daniel Jones best season ever is roughly on par with Rodgers' worst season in twenty years. They're paying him an awful lot of money so they better hope he's good.

Honestly 2022 Giants feel a lot like the 2006 Jets to me. Great coaching job let them win with smoke and mirrors but that's a very flawed team and I wouldn't be shocked to see them fall back to earth.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

He had 708 rushing yards and 7 rushing TD's with a YPA of 5.9.  He was more productive than Rodgers last year.  Jones is a very good QB who is just hitting his prime years.  

I would love to have him for the next 8 years than a 1 year all in rental of Rodgers.  

Good luck with that. Jones is an utter mediocrity. And Rodgers will be a 2 year rental, not 1. I'd take 2 years of Rodgers over Jones any day of the week and Sunday. 

14 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

He’s one of the worst Qb in the league

While I don't agree with what Brookover is suggesting. Saying that Danny Dimes is "one of the worst Qb in the league" is silly and suggests that you either didn't watch him play last year or you know nothing about football. 

Animated GIF

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But I'd probably be talking myself into Jones if I were a Giants fan. 

Yeah, I mean if you're a Giants fan you kinda have to "buy in." If Darnold had a 92 passer rating and led us to a playoff win you know there would be folks here singing his praises, even if it was after three years of sucking.

If I'm a Giants fan the thing I'm really jazzed about is Daboll who had a very impressive rookie year. Would make you wonder "what would Daboll do with a better QB" which is what I asked my Giants fan buddies when they were about to sign DJ to that extension.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

While I don't agree with what Brookover is suggesting. Saying that Danny Dimes is "one of the worst Qb in the league" is silly and suggests that you either didn't watch him play last year or you know nothing about football. 

Animated GIF

Let’s see Danny Dimes approach last years numbers .    That might have been the dumbest contract every given out .  I will standby this and take my victory lap when season over , and once again he’s one of the worse Qb in the league.      The giants Gm going to lose his job giving Danny Dines that contract .  Just watch.

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2023 at 7:08 PM, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers last year:

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Daniel Jones last year:

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

So this was Daniel Jones' best year, while it was one of Rodgers' worst with an injury to his throwing hand. But, yeah, Jones is the better QB. Jones is the definition of average.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So this was Daniel Jones' best year, while it was one of Rodgers' worst with an injury to his throwing hand. But, yeah, Jones is the better QB. Jones is the definition of average.

That was a May post.  Daniel is the ultimate JAG. Rodgers being a JAG is not what we brought him in for. 

On 5/30/2023 at 4:08 PM, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers last year:

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Daniel Jones last year:

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

howabout we bust Daniel Jones' thumb and see what kinda numbers he puts up ?

BTW here are Aaron Jones average numbers for the 15 Seasons he has started in the NFL against Daniels Jones "Breakout Season"

Rodgers Avg          Jones 2022

Comp     -  333                       317               

Att          -  510                      472

Prcnt      -  65%                      67%

Yds       -   3937                     3205

Yds/Cmp  - 7.7                        6.8

TDs          -  32                        15

Ints         -   7                            5

TD/INT    - >4 to 1                    3

When you're throw shorter passes its easier to rack up big numbers.

Is this even a serious proposition ? Or is Brookover a cheerleader ?

QBR        - 103.6 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Can’t believe there are pathetic zach Wilson fan boys that are rooting against Aaron Rodgers, and agrees that Daniel jones is better 🙈🤣