#JetsCamp 7/26. Keep it going.

Larz

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our D is very good and giving our offense who also has talent trouble.  I'm not unhappy with this I think our O due to the QB and WR and such was getting lots of hype, good for them to be stopped dead a few times.

I had a different feeling in the Rex era when the  D would smash the Offense all camp because to me it meant the D was good but the Offense was not good.

I think now we are good on both sides of the ball.

Hopefully the iron sharpening iron things isn’t a problem. The 1st team offense and defense will need to get chances to test things out and open things up. Hopefully they can do that against the 2nd teams. A constant grind and stalemate can stunt development. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

why would they cut him?  isn't he on a guaranteed contract?

His cap hit is the same whether we keep him or cut him. The only reason I can think of for cutting him is if they think he will not be able to perform or contribute. At that point you need the roster spot for another able-bodied o-lineman.

• Upvote 1

I agree that until Becton decides he can trust his knee, Rogers and the Jets can't. Agree that some of the wound was self-inflicted, but he's in a tough spot because last year he was advised to trust it by a training staff that effed up.

No team will trade for him while he's in limbo. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jethead said:

I agree that until Becton decides he can trust his knee, Rogers and the Jets can't. Agree that some of the wound was self-inflicted, but he's in a tough spot because last year he was advised to trust it by a training staff that effed up.

No team will trade for him while he's in limbo. 

I think its too early for doom and gloom, but what is going on right now with pitch count, being held out etc sure as hell is not a good thing. It might not be absolutely the worst thing or indication of it, but it is most definitely an indication of he has a lot of work and proving to do then next month of so. 

I hope he works out but the odds are against him. If I was offered a 6th rounder for him I would say not, but a 5th i might take it.

21 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I saw Bitonti post in this thread and I felt like D walking into WeeBey's house expecting to be murdered, only to find out he wanted me to feed his fish while he was gone.

I’m currently watching The Wire (for the fourth time) and just saw that scene. Unbelievably great show. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think its too early for doom and gloom, but what is going on right now with pitch count, being held out etc sure as hell is not a good thing. It might not be absolutely the worst thing or indication of it, but it is most definitely an indication of he has a lot of work and proving to do then next month of so. 

I hope he works out but the odds are against him. If I was offered a 6th rounder for him I would say not, but a 5th i might take it.

All self inflicted and any sign of adversity he quits. Just listen to Saleh’s words when talking about Mitchell vs Becton. “Wasn’t up for it today” means it’s over barring a miracle on Bectons part. 

• Upvote 1

Becton and Zack Wilson are really in the same situation. Both were high draft picks at the two biggest premium positions, and both have failed/struggled through their careers (so far).

But here's the rub. Teams can draft for 20 years in a row and never land a dominant LT nor a game changing FQB. These are two of the hardest positions to fill in all of sports, especially a FQB.

So how quickly should a GM cut bait and start over? At what point are you convinced that neither of these men are cut out for football?

If you guess right by keeping them and they blossom, your team is lightyears ahead.

If you cut them, then two things have to happen: First, you hope they don't move on and become great on some other team. AND you hope the guys you draft to replace them become the real deal.

I don't know. But if you have two guys with at least the POTENTIAL to become great players, you almost have to let it play out to the bitter end.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Either way, this is not gonna end well. They would never allow him to protect Rodgers blindside. When Brown is healthy he’s our starting left tackle. Mitchell is going to be the right tackle. No way Becton is going to take being a back up.  he will request a trade soon.

This is simply nothing but speculation!

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

lost in the Becton dog pile is that Will McDonald is the truth

i bash JD alot but fully expect McDonald to lead the DE in sack this year. I'd say lead the team except for Quinnen. He's legit that was a smart pick 

Please don’t call him a bowling knife with butcher balls or whatever plz thx

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1