Breece Hall grumbling about a potential Dalvin Cook acquisition.

19 minutes ago, hawk said:

And if Cook is suspended 2, or 3, or 4 of the first 4 weeks?  (The standard is 6 weeks)

Does anyone not think Goodell isn't waiting to see where he signs before laying the hammer down?  

For beating the sh!t out of women he should be suspended for life.  What a monster!

4 hours ago, extmenace said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/halls-deleted-tweet-suggests-cooks-visit-could-ruffle-feathers-in-jets-rb-room

in addition, no mention of New York jets on his Twitter page now. There is something going on, been seeing this floating around since yesterday.

He never had the Jets in his twitter. People are making stuff up.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

With all that is going on regard RBs these days one would think Hall would welcome being placed on IR the first 4 Weeks of the season if Cook comes on board. RBs are sick and tired of being burned out before coming up to their 2nd Contract to get a shot at the Big Money. Now Hall is complaining about not getting his touches? It would seem obvious with the way things are going for RBs these days the only year that matters is your Contract Year.

Embrace the Suck !

I cant believe this thread hasnt been shut down yet.

The title is literally misinformation 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is not asking he is explaining, a very big difference.  You do not even have to be specific about a player you let your players know full well you are looking to keep adding players.

Of course you can ignore all of that and let players get bent out of shape when there is no reason for it.

I hear you, but the reality is they're all going to get bent out of shape whether you tell them or not. There's only 1 RB on the field at a time, there are already 4 of them in the RB room today - Hall, Carter, Abanikanda, Bam - and by bringing in Cook you're telling all 4 of them that instead of sharing some 400-500 carries among them they're going to instead share some 250 carries among them, with at least one of them getting cut or traded.

With post-rookie contracts being so in the news right now, there seems little chance that those guys trying for that veteran contract are going to like any part of Cook coming in there - on a contract with must-start dollars - to rob any chance they have of a 1000-yard season. 

Point is, there's no way they're going to like it whether you tell them or not. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

With all that is going on regard RBs these days one would think Hall would welcome being placed on IR the first 4 Weeks of the season if Cook comes on board. RBs are sick and tired of being burned out before coming up to their 2nd Contract to get a shot at the Big Money. Now Hall is complaining about not getting his touches? It would seem obvious with the way things are going for RBs these days the only year that matters is your Contract Year.

Embrace the Suck !

Nobody who is a competitive athlete who has worked themselves back into shape wants to be put on a shelf.   Top of the profession pro athletes are all in all the time until they can’t do it anymore and even after many of them are done they have to be taken out back and shot to get them out of the game.

Hall is a rare athlete and apparently he’s got serious competitive MoJo.   The Jets are trophy hunting.  Hall is all in.

He should want to go on IR is not how competitive athletes think.  

We get Cook, who sucks as a blocker and Rodgers gets flattened nobody is going to think thank god Halls not getting too much work.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hall for starts isn’t showing signs of being upset at this. I see Carter and it Bam bring the ones pissed. Carter not the 2nd back snd Bam likely cut. Hall will start when healthy.

I could see Carter being the odd man out and traded. 

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know, it's either Carter or Knight being the odd man out and Carter might could fetch one of those 6th round picks JD loves.

I think Carter offer something Izzy and Cook don’t in the passing game. Bam can catch the ball. But Carter is better at it.

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I hear you, but the reality is they're all going to get bent out of shape whether you tell them or not. There's only 1 RB on the field at a time, there are already 4 of them in the RB room today - Hall, Carter, Abanikanda, Bam - and by bringing in Cook you're telling all 4 of them that instead of sharing some 400-500 carries among them they're going to instead share some 250 carries among them, with at least one of them getting cut or traded.

With post-rookie contracts being so in the news right now, there seems little chance that those guys trying for that veteran contract are going to like any part of Cook coming in there - on a contract with must-start dollars - to rob any chance they have of a 1000-yard season. 

Point is, there's no way they're going to like it whether you tell them or not. 

This post is unfortunately the reality and I dont see any other way to look at it and thats why I want no part of Cook here.  

In addition to all the RB news and money issues, I really think JD and Saleh could use this whole situation in a positive way by sitting down with the RB group and saying "guys - we love this group and we arent gonna bring in cook, we trust you...now its time to not let us down".  That is the type of thing that could really galvanize the group.

This of course depends on how these guys are playing.  To me, Carter is enough of a veteran that I think Rogers could trust him in pass pro.  McKnight should be able to hold down some sort of role on early downs and Izzy can be brough along slowly and not put in a position to hurt us in pass pro.  We can then bring Breece along slowly.  

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Carter offer something Izzy and Cook don’t in the passing game. Bam can catch the ball. But Carter is better at it.

Cook is a pretty good receiver. It's one of the attributes that makes him an attractive addition. 

So looks like or sounds like to me the girlfriend is more in line with getting a settlement than putting someone who committed a criminal act in Prison. That's a red flag. Also from what I'm seeing/hearing here Cook has a good case in his defense. This needs to play out and I'm sure the Jets have attorney's going over this case. 

Obviously if Cook is guilty he's a scumbag and I want no part of him but its possible he's being falsely accused. Once again this has to play out. If the Jets attorney's think the girlfriends case is bogus, we will know that soon enough since the whole reason we are signing him is for insurance on this season and not for future seasons. I'm sure the Jets are doing their due diligence in this matter.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That part is true. Bam holds no trade value. Carter might.

Knight can run the football and run it hard. Carter can't and falls when defenders breath on him. I hope if this goes down Carter is out because he's the worst RB we currently have IMHO

• Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So looks like or sounds like to me the girlfriend is more in line with getting a settlement than putting someone who committed a criminal act in Prison. That's a red flag. Also from what I'm seeing/hearing here Cook has a good case in his defense. This needs to play out and I'm sure the Jets have attorney's going over this case. 

Obviously if Cook is guilty he's a scumbag and I want no part of him but its possible he's being falsely accused. Once again this has to play out. If the Jets attorney's think the girlfriends case is bogus, we will know that soon enough since the whole reason we are signing him is for insurance on this season and not for future seasons. I'm sure the Jets are doing their due diligence in this matter.

I prefer to not sign guys who require a team of lawyers to investigate if a guy hit a female.  Sign someone else (like Zeke)

46 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Knight can run the football and run it hard. Carter can't and falls when defenders breath on him. I hope if this goes down Carter is out because he's the worst RB we currently have IMHO

Carter was one of the best in the league at yards after contact his rookie year. Was he playing injured last year?

1 hour ago, Tooooon said:

I prefer to not sign guys who require a team of lawyers to investigate if a guy hit a female.  Sign someone else (like Zeke)

I do as well but it looks like this case on him is bogus .... Like I said Im sure the Jets are investigating because no way in hell do they sign a guy who may be suspended during the time they need him the most ..... the first half of the season.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Carter was one of the best in the league at yards after contact his rookie year. Was he playing injured last year?

Yards after contact is a bullsh*t stat. You can Literally touch a guy and that's considered contact I'm talking about breaking real tackles not bullsh*t ones. There is almost always contact when going through a hole at the LOS.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think he was. I believe it was a sprained ankle.  I just don’t see how a guy like Carter suddenly becomes ineffective, it’s very rare for it to happen without an injury. 

I also really hope if cook is here it’s on a very small contract. Our RB room has 4 guys who make a total of $6-7 million combined. Adding one guy at $8 million doesn’t make much sense to me 

22 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

I read section 3 and still don't see anything showing he grumbled about anything.  

They said a deleted tweet (which no one can seem to produce) about Elliot and nothing about Cook.

Who cares what Hall thinks or any of these players think they are making more money then most us will ever see in our lifetime . It's about winning and Hall's is not ready to play he is still recovering. Jets are win now period they can't afford to sacrifice games so Halls feelings aren't hurt. Sick of the drama and fan base  should not be more concerned about a players feeling then winning a SB . This guy should be appreciative that he is making the money and has opportunity to play in NFL stop crying if in fact he did. Fans on this board haven't seen this team win anything since 2010 so screw the players if Cook gets us to the playoffs sign him and be done period.