Breece Hall grumbling about a potential Dalvin Cook acquisition.

With all that is going on regard RBs these days one would think Hall would welcome being placed on IR the first 4 Weeks of the season if Cook comes on board. RBs are sick and tired of being burned out before coming up to their 2nd Contract to get a shot at the Big Money. Now Hall is complaining about not getting his touches? It would seem obvious with the way things are going for RBs these days the only year that matters is your Contract Year.

Embrace the Suck !

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

hes right, not about grumbling but about what he said.

less touches mean less yards and less money when it comes time to get paid. Cook isnt coming here for a year, he will be here for at least 2 maybe 3. so its not just this year he will be sharing his touches. he will be sharing them right up until his next contract.

i think getting Cook is not necessary. its over kill and wasting money. 

Hall will be back in week 4 or 5. Bam, Izzy and MC1 will be just fine until he comes back. remember we dont have the worst QBs in the NFL anymore with teams stacking the box. Rodgers will keep defense worried about getting the ball thrown over their heads for a big gain. those guys will be fine.

every team dreams of having a really good young player on a rookie deal for a few years and we have one in Hall. why do we want to add a vet contract and cap hit for the next few years? because we can't handle a few games without a really good RB. ? 

its a stupid move to sign Cook. now i will wait for all the people to kill Hall for speaking out of school. i wonder if you guys will want him traded like you did Moore. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Mods please delete unless someone has actual proof of said "grumbling"

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/halls-deleted-tweet-suggests-cooks-visit-could-ruffle-feathers-in-jets-rb-room

in addition, no mention of New York jets on his Twitter page now. There is something going on, been seeing this floating around since yesterday.

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/halls-deleted-tweet-suggests-cooks-visit-could-ruffle-feathers-in-jets-rb-room

in addition, no mention of New York jets on his Twitter page now. There is something going on, been seeing this floating around since yesterday.

And in his instagram still says Hets snd he’s posting stories with his jets teammates actively 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

less touches mean less yards and less money when it comes time to get paid. Cook isnt coming here for a year, he will be here for at least 2 maybe 3. so its not just this year he will be sharing his touches. he will be sharing them right up until his next contract.

Hall will be back in week 4 or 5. Bam, Izzy and MC1 will be just fine until he comes back. remember we dont have the worst QBs in the NFL anymore with teams stacking the box. Rodgers will keep defense worried about getting the ball thrown over their heads for a big gain. those guys will be fine.

every team dreams of having a really good young player on a rookie deal for a few years and we have one in Hall. why do we want to add a vet contract and cap hit for the next few years? because we can't handle a few games without a really good RB. ? 

its a stupid move to sign Cook. now i will wait for all the people to kill Hall for speaking out of school. i wonder if you guys will want him traded like you did Moore. 

Less touches = longer career if we’re talking about what’s going on in todays NFL. With that being said, Derek Henry shared carries with demarco Murray for 2 seasons and he made out just fine. It sucks for hall, but he had a major injury. It’s a tough love situation. He doesn’t like it, but it’s what’s best for him. 

with that being said, the jets need a second running back that can handle a large work load. Signing cook means that bam, Carter, and Izzy haven’t shown that they can be that second running back this team needs. Remember that hackett likes to have multiple RBs heavily involved in his offense. 

36 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Less touches = longer career if we’re talking about what’s going on in todays NFL. With that being said, Derek Henry shared carries with demarco Murray for 2 seasons and he made out just fine. It sucks for hall, but he had a major injury. It’s a tough love situation. He doesn’t like it, but it’s what’s best for him. 

with that being said, the jets need a second running back that can handle a large work load. Signing cook means that bam, Carter, and Izzy haven’t shown that they can be that second running back this team needs. Remember that hackett likes to have multiple RBs heavily involved in his offense. 

Carter is the disappointment.  Yes, he was only a 4th, but I thought he was underrated due to being behind javonte Williams at UNC.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

If my girlfriend brought home another guy this weekend "to share the touches," I would be OK with it?...

He's only human...

but if she offered you another gal to share touches you would be .....   

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is where your coach and front office must get ahead of the game and know there might be a small issue.  If you are indeed pursing Cook you tell your key guys why you might be doing it and allay their fears and make them think it is a positive.

I don't disagree, but it's not all that simple & opens up a can of worms. The other side of that is the GM picks the players; the existing players don't get to vote (or de facto vote by voicing their displeasure) for which other player(s) may come in that'll rob them of snaps. Especially one who'll get paid more than the rest of the position group combined, which dictates snaps unless he looks like the Jets' version of Leveon Bell. 

Then the next time is he supposed to ask the OL if it's ok with them if they bring in someone else? He didn't consult with the team before making an offer to Orlando Brown, nor should he. 

So I'm sympathetic to the idea of not interrupting team cohesion, but these guys haven't won/earned enough to be voicing displeasure with the guy who drafted them in the first place. 

I don't think they need to open the vault for Cook either

• Upvote 2

Its not set in stone Cook would sign multiple years....infact the reason he hasnt signed yet is because hes not getting offered the money he wants I'd assume...so a 1 year deal makes sense, then play it by year.

Also, I love Breece and our back ups, but health is not guaranteed (look at Breece injury last year), depth can't hurt.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Seems to me hall is concerned about touches. Didn’t carter tell him there were plenty of opportunities when he was drafted?  Sounds like the talking heads just blowing stuff up because they’ve got nothing better to do.  Especially since hall may enter the season on the pup list.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't disagree, but it's not all that simple & opens up a can of worms. The other side of that is the GM picks the players; the existing players don't get to vote (or de facto vote by voicing their displeasure) for which other player(s) may come in that'll rob them of snaps. Especially one who'll get paid more than the rest of the position group combined, which dictates snaps unless he looks like the Jets' version of Leveon Bell. 

Then the next time is he supposed to ask the OL if it's ok with them if they bring in someone else? He didn't consult with the team before making an offer to Orlando Brown, nor should he. 

So I'm sympathetic to the idea of not interrupting team cohesion, but these guys haven't won/earned enough to be voicing displeasure with the guy who drafted them in the first place. 

I don't think they need to open the vault for Cook either

He is not asking he is explaining, a very big difference.  You do not even have to be specific about a player you let your players know full well you are looking to keep adding players.

Of course you can ignore all of that and let players get bent out of shape when there is no reason for it.

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

The only year that should matter to a running back is his Contract Year. With the current CBA Rookies have almost no leverage. And when they come due for their second contract they are considered washed up.

If Breece could sit out most of the season and come back in December and get Playoff Reps in January that would be ideal. Then come back in 2024 for a full season. Get the Big Numbers and old out in 2025.

The grumbling makes no sense.

3 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

With all that is going on regard RBs these days one would think Hall would welcome being placed on IR the first 4 Weeks of the season if Cook comes on board. RBs are sick and tired of being burned out before coming up to their 2nd Contract to get a shot at the Big Money. Now Hall is complaining about not getting his touches? It would seem obvious with the way things are going for RBs these days the only year that matters is your Contract Year.

Embrace the Suck !

So grateful for your perspective on this, where would I be without you.

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

That dude is a drama reporter. All he cares about is click bait 

Just like the OP.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KRL said:

If Cook signs I would expect the Jets to put Hall on the IR for the
first 4 games of the season.  This would take the "rush factor" out
of Hall's recovery and give him the best opportunity to be totally
healthy.  The rushing offense would then ride Cook hard for the first
month, then hopefully Hall comes back and you have a dynamic 1-2 punch
the rest of the way

And if Cook is suspended 2, or 3, or 4 of the first 4 weeks?  (The standard is 6 weeks)

Does anyone not think Goodell isn't waiting to see where he signs before laying the hammer down?