Connor Hughes

At the Athletic he had genuine inside contacts and would break news. 

He was always like the guy from college that thought everything he did was so cool and thought people would care about his day to day stuff. 

He’s not a bad guy, just irritating and his head got a little big going to SNY

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

At the Athletic he had genuine inside contacts and would break news. 

He was always like the guy from college that thought everything he did was so cool and thought people would care about his day to day stuff. 

He’s not a bad guy, just irritating and his head got a little big going to SNY

Last night he was waxing poetic about the Giants just to infuriate Jets fans on Twitter. 

26 minutes ago, Dale Gribble said:

Does anyone else find this guy kind of annoying? I don’t get why he is so popular amongst NY sports fans. He’s a bit of a troll on Twitter and comes off as immature. I also don’t like how he pumps up his perfect life on his podcast. People don’t listen to him for that stuff. They want to know inside info on Jets and Giants. He’s also a Giants fan and clearly dislikes the Jets. 

I guess I am just a hater, but overall not a fan of his work. What do you think about Connor Hughes? 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47rdjcgikfy5fbc7v9cz

he reminds me of this douche....and I like Entourage

when he started the beat he knew about football and the jets as I do about fashion or flowers

he been on beat now for x years and I still know more about flowers than he does about football

• Haha 3

Much like Manish and Francesa and Dick Cimini.......if you dont like them, dont follow or listen to them.  I find the posts on Jet Nation , especially the training camp notes from KRL and others to be a better read or listen (and more accurate) than those guys anyway

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought last season on the Jets SNY show he did overkill on the anti Zach rhetoric he did it pretty early and was pretty unsparing. Like he was trying to boost his status and rep by being at the front of the pack. 

he tells you the truth about Zach and you didn't want to hear it...

• Upvote 1

I don't pay attention to him and I'm not sure why you would if you don't like his content.

It's fairly common among talk radio and podcasts (which is basically the same thing) for hosts to talk about themselves to some extent to make them more relatable to their audience. It's also a good way to fill time. I don't need it but he's not the only one doing it.

In my opinion Robby Sabo does the job of reporting at Jets camp this year. He is very detailed in his reports and seems to be unbiased. Last year I think the out of bounce guy, his name escapes me, posted the most information.

• Upvote 1

Hard to say about Hughes. I don’t see where SNY improved their jets coverage or analysis with him as opposed to ray Lucas or buttle or cascadden or smith. That SNY show should really have a mediator with former players or coaches.  Connor looks like a guy Scott would’ve jammed into a locker.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Jets fans only like complete homers, thus they don't like Connor Hughes. Sensitive bunch.

This is valid. But I also just want straight forward reporting on my team. Good and bad. I don’t need the sly remarks on top of it. It’s what Cimini constantly does. Some sht like “Oof not a great start to the Rodgers era. Jets go 3 and out.” 

If I was watching the game with a friend that said that while watching with me, I’d slap him and tell him to leave. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jetpain said:

Much like Manish and Francesa and Dick Cimini.......if you dont like them, dont follow or listen to them.  I find the posts on Jet Nation , especially the training camp notes from KRL and others to be a better read or listen (and more accurate) than those guys anyway

I dont know ..... I think its worth the effort to throw a Spit wad Hughes way every now and then.

11 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This is valid. But I also just want straight forward reporting on my team. Good and bad. I don’t need the sly remarks on top of it. It’s what Cimini constantly does. Some sht like “Oof not a great start to the Rodgers era. Jets go 3 and out.” 

If I was watching the game with a friend that said that while watching with me, I’d slap him and tell him to leave. 

lol this kinda seems like an overreaction,  no?

2 hours ago, Dale Gribble said:

Does anyone else find this guy kind of annoying? I don’t get why he is so popular amongst NY sports fans. He’s a bit of a troll on Twitter and comes off as immature. I also don’t like how he pumps up his perfect life on his podcast. People don’t listen to him for that stuff. They want to know inside info on Jets and Giants. He’s also a Giants fan and clearly dislikes the Jets. 

I guess I am just a hater, but overall not a fan of his work. What do you think about Connor Hughes? 

Perfect life?

the dude couldn’t even afford to buy a tiny shack in nj 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Conner Hughes was perfect for the Athletic. I would listen and it was informative and a decent podcast. I actually looked forward to it. As a full time Jets reporter he just doesn’t have the seasoning and the imagination to kind of create his own interesting style quite yet. Steve Serby had his own style of writing and it worked. I have nothing against Cimini either. He’s much better than Connor during press conferences. Connor asks some redundant stupid questions. He will get better - hopefully. 

3 hours ago, Dale Gribble said:

You should pick a screen name and use it to start your own site. 

• Haha 3