Running back carries for week one

Maxman

So lets start with this, do you think Dalvin Cook and Breece Hall will both be active? Assuming they are how do you see the carries breaking down:

Dalvin Cook?

Breece Hall?

Michael Carter?

Leslie Frazer is gone from Buffalo, new offense for the Jets. It is going to be interesting to see how both teams game plan.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So lets start with this, do you think Dalvin Cook and Breece Hall will both be active? Assuming they are how do you see the carries breaking down:

Dalvin Cook?

Breece Hall?

Michael Carter?

Leslie Frazer is gone from Buffalo, new offense for the Jets. It is going to be interesting to see how both teams game plan.

Cook gets 20+ touches I’d guess maybe 10 for Breece?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Dalvin Cook?

Breece Hall?

Michael Carter?

I would think they use Breece mostly as a decoy. I see him getting 5 runs at most and maybe 3-5

Cook will get the majority of carries. I think the Jets want to be run first I think Aaron will throw 40 times a game.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Agreed, the only way Izzy is active is if Hall is unexpectedly inactive. 

Hard to predict # of carries. TBH I think Hackett will just ride his hot hand, but it seems unlikely Hall would get much more than 10 carries in his first game back unless it was necessary. Having two RB1s gives them this flexibility. If I had to guess, I'd figure Cook will get the bulk of the carries, like 12 to 7 or something like that. 

Do you think CJ Mosley could be used as a running back in short yardage situations?

I will hang up now and listen to your answer on the radio.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Breece is 100% healthy with no restrictions.  Has been for months.  He will get the majority of the carries with cook spelling him a bit.

Breece 15 carries

Cook 7 carries

Even if your right they didn’t bring Cook in to immediately put Breece into the fire like that. Even if he thinks he might be ready, because we know he wants all the carries. Kids a competitive through and through. 

I’d say numbers are closer to being revered. 

• Upvote 2

Hall should start and get the bulk of the work. He’s, by far, the team’s best RB. They’ve been so careful about injuries, though, that they’ll probably artificially lighten his load in the first couple weeks. Once everyone is happy with where Breece is at, which I don’t expect to take long, he’ll be the clear #1. 

Cook’s touches will dwindle as the season wears on and Abanikanda will overtake him as well. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Hall should start and get the bulk of the work. He’s, by far, the team’s best RB. They’ve been so careful about injuries, though, that they’ll probably artificially lighten his load in the first couple weeks. Once everyone is happy with where Breece is at, which I don’t expect to take long, he’ll be the clear #1. 

Cook’s touches will dwindle as the season wears on and Abanikanda will overtake him as well. 

Great post and agree on most.  Dont think izzy will be much of a factor unless injury hits.  And I do not believe breece needs to be eased in.  Hes healthy and ready to go.

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Breece inactive?  Hahahahahaha

Lets put healthy players on the inactive list.  Genius.

This is my guess, I'm not telling everyone there's less than 0 percent chance breece plays.

I think they're going to be very cautious with him because it's more important to have him in January than September.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

How great is it that we're having this discussion right now.

Just last year at this time we were hoping Breece would turn into something...and Cook was considered undeniable when on the field, but also an injury concern. Now we have 2 undeniable's when healthy! 

However, I have to think Carter gets the most touches early based on that last word... will be interesting to see how they use, or don't use,  Dalvin and Breece though in that order.  Cobb may be used in the backfield on 3rd downs as well as he was known to do in GB.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

If carter is getting most of the carries we lose this game. 

The QB upgrade from when we played them last year is massive. I am not a fan of Carter at all but I don’t think him taking the bulk of the carries in this one will be make or break. Cook is the wildcard in this one IMO.

• Upvote 1