Pushing my chips to the center of the table. This team is going to the playoffs.

jetstream23

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Resilient win. Any other Jets team mails it in the second Rodgers goes down.

This team without Aaron Rodgers beat a fully healthy Buffalo Bills team. The Jets defense is not very good, it is elite. This was a 7–4 team competing for the playoffs last year with Zach Wilson until they lost Breece Hall, AVT, Duane Brown, etc. 

Even without Rodgers this team is probably 20% better than last year.

We will win with the defense, rushing the ball, coaching and culture, and a Zach Wilson that is a little bit better than last year. It might be just good enough to drive this bus.

Game balls tonight go to Xavier Gipson, the defensive line, Jordan Whitehead, Coach Saleh.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

In.  

• Sympathy 1

I really do greatly appreciate this positive mindset, but sadly I just can't see it. Great game today no doubt, but it's not reproducible.

Wilson looked like the same exact you we've seen for the past 2 years, despite all the offseason hype otherwise. As great as today was it won't be remembered for long, and if the QB situation doesn't somehow dramatically improve very quickly, this team will lose the fans very quickly after going all-in early on what turned out to be a bad bet.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I doubt it.

Had the Bills game planned for Zach, I doubt we even win this game. They would have prepared for a rush heavy offense.

We are going to need other worldly defensive performances going forward.

We are back to being the same team as last season. You remember, the one where we lost 7 in a row.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I really do greatly appreciate this positive mindset, but sadly I just can't see it. Great game today no doubt, but it's not reproducible.

Wilson looked like the same exact you we've seen for the past 2 years, despite all the offseason hype otherwise. As great as today was it won't be remembered for long, and if the QB situation doesn't somehow dramatically improve very quickly, this team will lose the fans very quickly after going all-in early on what turned out to be a bad bet.

Maybe, but I think Zach of last yr loses this game.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I want to believe because I really like this team but I just don't see it.  Things will likely come crashing down to earth by next Sunday night.

Exactly.

Teams will now gameplan for Zach and we will be back to trying to win 10-6 games.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This team without Aaron Rodgers beat a fully healthy Buffalo Bills team. The Jets defense is not very good, it is elite. This was a 7–4 team competing for the playoffs last year with Zach Wilson until they lost Breece Hall, AVT, Duane Brown, etc. 

We will win with the defense, rushing the ball, coaching and culture, and a Zach Wilson that is a little bit better than last year. It might be just good enough to drive this bus.

Game balls tonight go to Xavier Gipson, the defensive line, Jordan Whitehead, Coach Saleh.

the talent is there, no question, but Saleh has to do the "unpopular" thing and bench Brown and Tomlinsson asap, but I am with you in the faith on this team

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Facts said:

I doubt it.

Had the Bills game planned for Zach, I doubt we even win this game. They would have prepared for a rush heavy offense.

We are going to need other worldly defensive performances going forward.

We are back to being the same team as last season. You remember, the one where we lost 7 in a row.

the jets were always going to be a rush heavy offense. Why do you think they spent money on cook? The only difference now is that we don’t have a qb that can make defenses pay when teams start over commiting to stop the run. Damn shame we only got 4 plays out of Rodgers. Seeing him run this offense, with a league leading rushing offense would have been really fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

Just now, extmenace said:

the jets were always going to be a rush heavy offense. Why do you think they spent money on cook? The only difference now is that we don’t have a qb that can make defenses pay when teams start over commiting to stop the run

Exactly.

Teams will game plan to nullify the run and then it will be up to Zach to win games.

We know how that goes.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ZachStepdad said:

Difference between this year and last year is the offensive staff and play calling … LAFLOOR offense sucked for Zach and the coaching horrible …. I love the rpo offense and running the ball to help Zach …. Good coaching and AROD helping Zach as much as he can will help this season

Hackett sucked tonight too.

Honestly didn’t notice much difference between him and Lafleur.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We will win with the defense, rushing the ball, coaching and culture, and a Zach Wilson that is a little bit better than last year. He might be just good enough to drive this bus.

We need competent qb play to make the playoffs.  Are you saying Zach Wilson is providing that?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We will win with the defense, rushing the ball, coaching and culture, and a Zach Wilson that is a little bit better than last year. He might be just good enough to drive this bus.

I can’t do it my friend 

Can’t summon up a positive, optimistic view for the season at this moment.

appreciate those who still can..or at least have some hope.

maybe Wilson will look a bit better next week.  He looked the same to me tonight as last season.  Granted..he was thrown in to a tough spot.

Special teams, running game, defense won this one.  

• Upvote 2

“Game at a time” mentality , pressures off this defense is freakin legit and Breece is still special… and that catch by Garret man was sick… it’s a grind it out season Salah said this team is beyond resilient and as Jet fans we are familiar with that term… 

hope they can add a decent veteran