NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

ZACH SHOWED PROGRESS ?? He had 3 or 4 good plays the entire game and with that being said Hacketts game plan was pure Trash >>>> Is Breece Hall hurt or something ?? This team better sign a QB by tomorrow

He had a good drive for three points and a TD all in the 2nd quarter. Aside from that, he did not play well.

13 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I’ve twisted myself into a pretzel defending JD. I don’t know if I can anymore. Zach Wilson at best should have been a stow away third QB behind Rodgers and a league average back up QB. Zach is not a bad QB. He is an AWFUL QB.

His failure to build an OL is his biggest shortcoming. How can this OL be SOOOO bad?

Let's not complain about the OL, it's an overreaction! @Barry McCockinner This line is pitiful, not the reason for AR's injury, but still an abomination. JD needs to be held accountable! 

1 minute ago, Green DNA said:

Remember when a ton of people here (and apparently Jets management) didn't want McCarthy when he wanted to be the Jets coach?  Good times. 

The decision-making of the same offseason that included celebrated actions such as:
1. Retaining Maccagnan when firing Bowles
2. Hiring a cracked-out Gase
3. Firing Maccagnan a few months after his original retention was celebrated
4. JD being considered some great GM candidate that everyone supposedly wanted, after every NFL team looking for a GM that year had passed on him

Fun times all around.  The days of the official Chris Johnson era of the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Zach Wilson didn't single-handedly lose this game.

Zach Wilson also isn't capable of winning these close contests when the run game is shut down, and the Dline is well matched (or held all game).

I'd still make a move sooner rather than later to replace him, despite any perceived "improvement".

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to defend the defense, but McCarthy was playing with house money today. He knew the Jets weren’t going to score at all, and they were legitimately surprised by the Garrett Wilson catch and run.

Dallas CS, like a lot of teams Jets faced last year, factored in that Jets offense with ZW is going to shoot itself in the foot. Felt that way on the 2 minute drill; keep the Jets receivers in front of you, but keep them out of the end zone. Guessing they figured getting 3 TDs and this game was a lock. 

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

No….NO. You don’t get to recklessly trade for a SECOND high paid veteran QB to try and save the team from terrible roster management. No more mortgaging the future with abysmal results. Enough. The ship goes down and so do the bald guys. 

He’d cost a draft pick and $6 million dollars

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Zach Wilson also isn't capable of winning these close contests when the run game is shut down, and the Dline is well matched (or held all game).

I'd still make a move sooner rather than later to replace him, despite any perceived "improvement".

The lack of holding calls on the Dallas OL was staggering and no way in hell Romo and the ******* ass wipe Nance were going to point that out

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Oh. Well I still don’t see the point with the OL. Like I don’t see the point at all. Mahomes couldn’t do sh*t behind this putrid OL. So why bother?

Because it would be a slap in the face to guys like Quinnen, Garrett Wilson, Breece, etc not to at least try.

Waving the white flag Week 4 simply isn’t an option. 

As for the OL that’s a league wide issue early in seasons.  It’ll get better.  Maybe not MUCH better, but better.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The answer might be for us all to unplug and take a break from this team.

It's unhealthy to be this invested in something so horrible. 

I dont need to unplug. We spend the game laughing about it. If you feel you need to unplug then you're probably taking it too seriously

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Close contests?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not sure who to hate more; ZW or the Jets for continuing this masquerade. 

YOU BLEW THE #2 PICK… I know. The world knows it… DOGS know it. Why are you dying on this Hill????????

The thing is there is a LOT of luck in this league as well, the Niners whiffed as bad with lance but they found purdy.

The jets have had enough picks that thy should have drafted a QB this year.  Even a late rounder.  Instead we have the ultimate worse than jag boyle

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Because it would be a slap in the face to guys like Quinnen, Garrett Wilson, Breece, etc not to at least try.

Waving the white flag Week 4 simply isn’t an option.  

Good point. I just want JD to pay for his crimes at this point but that is a very good point. The problem is, if they are still a disaster with Cousins or another QB, they have to pack it in and realize they have an offense that cannot function due to OL mismanagement.