Jets bringing in Trevor Siemian

JetsFanatic

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

Not saying I disagree, but the Jets are waving the white flag it appears. That’s who everyone who wants a new QB needs to be angry with.

Oh absolutely.  I was one of Joe Douglas' biggest defenders his entire tenure here, in spite of the baffling Zach Wilson selection.  I figured Johnson will never be able to hire a better caliber GM so might as well ride or die with him.

He's becoming impossible to defend now.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh absolutely.  I was one of Joe Douglas' biggest defenders his entire tenure here, in spite of the baffling Zach Wilson selection.  I figure Douglas will never be able to hire a better caliber GM so might as well ride or die with him.

Yeah it sucks. Douglas sucks hard, but not as hard as Idzik or Mac and Woody has proven time and time again he can ALWAYS do worse.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I would like to accept the applause of the entire forum...yes yes...thank you thank you.....oh no no no need to toss rose petals at my feet.

The exact guy I said they were going to bring in as soon as Rodgers got hurt.  Now I have to hunt down that thread, work work work.

I believe you.  I was trying to remember who brought it up.  I now recall it being you.

Well done.  

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Doesn't have to be.  We're a Davis Mills away from being a Wild Card team.  That's it.  Nothing special at QB.  Just a Davis Mills away.  

I don’t even see it tbh. Let’s say they trade for him after the KC game we’re already 1-3 at that point. How long it gonna take him to learn the system? Is David Mills beating:

Miami x2

@Bills

@NE

@CLE

PHILLY

Chargers 

That’s already 10 guaranteed losses right there. Not counting all the other “toss up” games which we have a good chance of losing too (WSH, NYG, ATL, HOU, DEN, LV).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I don’t even see it tbh. Let’s say they trade for him after the KC game we’re already 1-3 at that point. How long it gonna take him to learn the system? Is David Mills beating:

Miami x2

@Bills

@NE

@CLE

PHILLY

Chargers 

That’s already 10 guaranteed losses right there. Not counting all the other “toss up” games which we have a good chance of losing too (WSH, NYG, ATL, HOU, DEN, LV).

We can at least beat Denver with a Davis Mills.

Why are you writing off the other NE and the Cleveland games as L's?  We just showed on Sunday that the Pats are eminently beatable with any semblance of QB play.  And the Browns suck.

10-win team.  9 as the floor.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If GW can’t comprehend that this is a lost season and demands a trade so be it. We’re back at square 1 rebuild mode anyway.

If this is the case Joe Dougles and Bagdad Bob has to go - they spit on the jets fans for 3 years with zach wilson and go rebuild in year 4? lol - **** this homers

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We can at least beat Denver with a Davis Mills.

Why are you writing off the other NE and the Cleveland games?  We just showed on Sunday that the Pats are eminently beatable with any semblance of QB play.  And the Browns suck.

10-win team.  9 as the floor.

Well we haven’t beat NE in about 20 years and the Browns currently have the #1 defense in NFL right now. And David Mills is terrible? What kind of mental gymnastics are we trying to do here to “save” this season? lol

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well we haven’t beat NE in about 20 years and the Browns currently have the #1 defense in NFL right now. And David Mills is terrible? What kind of mental gymnastics are we trying to do here to “save” this season? lol

1) We haven't had a semblance of a QB in 8 years, and the last time we did (Fitz), we DID beat the Pats.

2) Oh, the Browns have the # 1 defense?  Cool.  What is ours, chopped liver?  You'd be amazed how quickly this defense would turn things around with a real QB.  Play with some leads from time to time and watch us start racking up some sacks and turnovers.  Makes the Browns game pretty winnable.  I mean what are they gonna do?  Go run-heavy without Chubb?

3) Davis Mills has 10 starts (nearly 40 % of his starts) with a 90+ QB Rating under his belt (Context:  Wilson has just 3 such games).  For an awful organization.  He isn't remotely terrible. 

He also shouldn't be absurdly expensive to trade for, given that the Texans are obviously committed to Stroud and also have Case Keenum on hand to promote to the QB2 job if they were to trade Mills.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh absolutely.  I was one of Joe Douglas' biggest defenders his entire tenure here, in spite of the baffling Zach Wilson selection.  I figured Johnson will never be able to hire a better caliber GM so might as well ride or die with him.

This ☝️

Joe Douglas is the best GM the Jets have had since Parcells/Tannenbaum, and I have no faith in Woody Johnson picking anyone better.

Also, Joe Douglas has absolutely bungled the f*ck outta the QB position his entire tenure, which is threatening to undermine all the good he's done so far. And for all the resources he's put into the OL (of which some worked out), it stills leaves a lot to be desired. Granted, a better QB would make the line look better, and they did well enough protecting dipsh*t boi last Sunday.

I honestly can't muster up the energy/argument for keeping Joe Douglas any longer, and I'm starting to hate his fat face (not really, but kinda sort of).

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There are different levels of done. The few talented players on the roster going nuclear because they’re forced to play with a kid who can’t play is the worst case scenario level of done, which is what the Jets are choosing. 

inb4 someone:

"Well, if the players aren't going to just shut up and do their job, we don't want them anyway. FiNd pLaYeRs WhO aKtUaLlY CaRe AboUt TeH TeAm CuLtUrE!!!!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Doesn't have to be.  We're a Davis Mills away from being a Wild Card team.  That's it.  Nothing special at QB.  Just a Davis Mills away.  

Mills has potential but with Hackett as the OC he will not develop here.  He needs to go to a better organization.  

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This team is deep into games with the worst QB play since Luke Falk but we think it’s a tankable roster? People are vastly underestimating how much Zach Wilson is hurting this franchise. This one terrible player.  

Hence the cOnspiRacY theories about Woody being Woody

• Upvote 1

The last time he played significant snaps was two years ago in New Orleans and he had 11 TD’s vs 3 INT’s in 4 starts.

I don’t understand why people would’ve had no issue with a guy like Colt McCoy, but hate the Siemian signing.

He’s a decent veteran backup who is a better QB than Zach Wilson. I thought that’s exactly what we were talking about bringing in?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1