Jets bringing in Trevor Siemian

JetsFanatic

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Your guess for our final record?

If we stay with Wilson throughout I think we end up with 3 wins total, which will most likely be a top 3 pick, certainly a top 5.

If we switch to Siemian I think we win 6, which will be around that top 10 ish spot.

so let's say 6 wins.  last year that was definitely a top 10 pick.  so if that's the best case then you're looking at a top 10 pick, with the only qb here a 40 yr old with a ruptured achillies.  if they don't think there's a qb worth taking at, say, 10, then trade back and take one in later round 1 or round 2.  

59 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ive said it many times.  If you dont win the super bowl, the 2nd best thing to happen in a season is finish dead last and get the 1st pick in the draft.

Maybe this organization realized this after week 1 and had decided to go this route.  If so, it is the 100% correct thing to do an absolutely brilliant.

Stay tuned!

If the Jets are 1-8 and Garrett Wilson is requesting a trade it wont seem so cute anymore

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol fans want them to bring in any QB. Team adds QB. 

Fans - "But not that one!!" 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Sign a QB! Any QB! WAIT! Not that one!

Listen I'm still happier they brought in an additional body than if they didn't.  But there WERE a couple better options on the street.  Wentz, Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel...someone like that would have been preferable.  Will Grier was available for several weeks before the Pats scooped him up recently.

Moreover, that better not be ALL they do.  A trade needs to be in the works by next week.  Davis Mills.  Taylor Heinicke.  Tyrod Taylor.  Teddy Bridgewater.  Cooper Rush.  Jacoby Brissett.  Someone like that.  I don't think Cousins can or will happen but obviously the Vikings need to be called as well.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Listen I'm still happier they brought in an additional body than if they didn't.  But there WERE a couple better options on the street.  Wentz, Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel...someone like that would have been preferable.  Will Grier was available for several weeks before the Pats scooped him up recently.

Moreover, that better not be ALL they do.  A trade needs to be in the works by next week.  Davis Mills.  Taylor Heinicke.  Tyrod Taylor.  Teddy Bridgewater.  Cooper Rush.  Jacoby Brissett.  Someone like that.  I don't think Cousins can or will happen but obviously the Vikings need to be called as well.

The season is over. These guys all have passes because of the Rodgers injury. They don’t give a flying f*ck who’s playing QB. They’re chilling.

49 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Zach’s been doing that yet you goofs complain about that

do you watch the games? Serious question

Serious answer: yes.

Are you seriously defending the QB display we saw from Zach Wilson on Sunday?

It was so bad, it enraged the ultimate Jets' homer, Joe Namath.

Zach needs to sit for someone who can at least play at an NFL journeyman level, which Siemian can.

• Post of the Week 2

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wouldn’t expect any of those names until closer to the deadline, and by then, we will be old toast 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

53 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Jets signing Trevor Siemian, but Robert Saleh says Zach Wilson remains QB1: He gives us 'best chance to win'

The veteran QB is expected to join the Jets' practice squad

By Jeff Kerr

While Zach Wilson continues to struggle for the New York Jets, the front office is being proactive in bringing in a quarterback. The Jets are bringing in veteran quarterback Trevor Siemian for a visit and intend to sign him pending a physical, according to CBS Sports Lead NFL Insider Jonathan Jones. CBS Sports HQ Senior NFL Insider Josina Anderson adds the plan for him is to join their practice squad.

Siemian was with the Cincinnati Bengals in training camp before being released on cutdown day in August. He was in a competition with Jake Browning for the Bengals' backup quarterback job. 

Siemian has started six games over the last four years and 30 in his eight-year career, not winning a game he's started since 2017. He played two games last season, going 15 of 26 for 184 yards (57.7%) with a touchdown and an interception (76.4 rating).

The Jets have Wilson as their starting quarterback and Tim Boyle as the backup after Aaron Rodgers was lost for the season with a torn Achilles. Wilson and Boyle are the only two quarterbacks on the roster. 

Siemian's signing doesn't mean Wilson's job is in jeopardy. Jets head coach Robert Saleh reiterated on Monday Wilson is their "unquestioned quarterback." 

'We see on a day in and day out basis is a young man who is much improved from a year ago," Saleh said. "He's much more confident, he's much more accurate, he's got much more command of the huddle, he looks better in the pocket. Could have been better yesterday, but he's improved, and he's getting better. He's going through his progressions, and when he is hitting his back foot with his timing and rhythm, he looks fantastic, and you just don't throw people away man. You just have to continue to work with him. 

"He's here, he gives us our best chance to win, and as coaches, we're going to do everything we can to help him."

For now, Wilson is the Jets' QB1. Siemian could be competition down the road, or just a depth move for a position that needs a third signal caller. 

Zach is getting pulled by halftime at the latest. You mean to tell me that you prefer the guy that sacks himself, or runs backwards, or takes a safety or checks down with the game on the line over this? TS is not a great QB, but he is better than Zach Wilson

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why are we trading assets for a QB in a lost season? We already don’t have a 2nd this year. I’m not giving up any draft picks so our season can be “saved” from going 2-15 to 6-11

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Why are we trading assets for a QB in a lost season? We already don’t have a 2nd this year. I’m not giving up any draft picks so our season can be “saved” from going 2-15 to 6-11

To avoid a locker room mutiny.

Or do you not care that Garrett Wilson's contract extension can start being negotiated in less than 18 months?

This roster isn't bad enough to tank, anyways.  We're not going 2-15.  Roll with Wilson/Boyle/Siemian all year and we'll still end up winning about 5 games and pick 7th.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or do you not care that Garrett Wilson's contract extension can start being negotiated in appx. 18 months?

If GW can’t comprehend that this is a lost season and demands a trade so be it. We’re back at square 1 rebuild mode anyway.

I was watching the Brady 6 documentary last night and I tell you, it makes me want to respect Tom Brady, It is a shame that I am saying this, but this guy fought through teeth and bone in college and at the beginning of his NFL career. 

Zach Wilson has been handed the job several times and had not done anything with it.  We need to give a shot to Trevor and see where he can take this team. I think his pocket presence and experience will make a difference and possibly salvage the season. 

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s very intentionally Simien, because he  has an established history with the Jets fans. They know we won’t be calling for him over Zach.

Wanna bet? I'd rather watch a rusty  Simeian with the stomach flu than see one more minute of our new kid on the block QB. 

Zach will be the worst thing on Sunday night TV since the premier of Cop Rock. 

What a nightmare. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If GW can’t comprehend that this is a lost season and demands a trade so be it. We’re back at square 1 rebuild mode anyway.

@Jetsfan80 has a point.  Tanking is not always the answer (I can't believe that doesn't go without saying).  There are 52 other guys on a football team.  And tanking is poisonous.  Corrosive.  Doesn't build a winning culture.

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or do you not care that Garrett Wilson's contract extension can start being negotiated in less than 18 months?

This roster isn't bad enough to tank, anyways.  We're not going 2-15.  Roll with Wilson/Boyle/Siemian all year and we'll still end up winning about 5 games and pick 7th.  

And this is exactly where we are headed 

it’s clear to me that JD and Saleh have zero fear of losing their jobs 

LOL

Only the Jets.

Might as well fly their own planes with banners over Florham announcing they have no desire to actually win football games.

I mean it's like:

"Let's keep running Zach out there even though we know he sucks."

"And while we're at it, let's bring back Siemian who lasted all of 1Q in his only appearance."