Jets bringing in Trevor Siemian

JetsFanatic

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It would be nice to hear the rationale over bringing in this street FA over Wentz. Douglas seems to be on vacation I guess. 

Forgot where I read it, but the Chiefs wanted Wentz this Spring but he only wanted to go somewhere where he’d get a chance to start. At least part of the  appeal of Simien is that he won’t petition for playing time, which would upset Zach.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wouldn’t be the worst backup or #3 QB, if we had signed him back in April before OTA’s and TC. Very little chance of achieving even average quarterback play coming in midseason.

Letting Rodgers choose Boyle as backup/3rd string was a(nother) bad decision. 

Agreed.  And its not like we have a ton of options now.  Ryan said he has no interest in playing.  Wentz has been a locker room cancer.  Options in trade require a partner willing to give up a decent QB, which is not likely to happen in September.

He is probably the best we could get right now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Forgot where I read it, but the Chiefs wanted Wentz this Spring but he only wanted to go somewhere where he’d get a chance to start. At least part of the  appeal of Simien is that he won’t petition for playing time, which would upset Zach.

The Simien signing clears up nothing. Awesome.

• Upvote 1