Jets bringing in Trevor Siemian

JetsFanatic

24 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wouldn’t be the worst backup or #3 QB, if we had signed him back in April before OTA’s and TC. Very little chance of achieving even average quarterback play coming in midseason.

Letting Rodgers choose Boyle as backup/3rd string was a(nother) bad decision. 

Having Wilson as qb2 was an even worse decision. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheAustrian said:

everyone who doesnt give a sh*t about this franchise is

Yet it still feels like I give more of a sh*t than the people running the show and that is HILARIOUS.

I'd love to watch the Jets play functional NFL caliber football but that's like literally never happening... so you know being a born Jets fan I've learned to really enjoy a good slapstick, d*ck knocked in the dirt, sh*itshow.

In that regard this may go down as my favorite Jets season all time!

42 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think some of you are overselling how bad Simien is/has been.  He’s played in 8 games over the last two years, starting 5.  In those 8 games he’s got a 58% completion(not great) 170 yards a game(also not great) but 12 TDs and 4 picks for an 87 QB rating.  He’s not going to set the world on fire, but he can manage the offense and get the ball where it needs to go.

Good lord I hope you are right, I forgot this guy existed. My question if he good enough to see open guy and hit them close to on time. Cause literally that is all we need to have our play makers be able to love the ball. Low ceiling I do not care. 

I feel like this guy sucks but if he can do that then honestly even with hacks play calls the last game we win. Hell we might be 3-0 with this kid at center

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yet it still feels like I give more of a sh*t than the people running the show and that is HILARIOUS.

I'd love to watch the Jets play functional NFL caliber football but that's like literally never happening... so you know being a born Jets fan I've learned to really enjoy a good slapstick, d*ck knocked in the dirt, sh*itshow.

In that regard this may go down as my favorite Jets season all time!

now i get it

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ive said it many times.  If you dont win the super bowl, the 2nd best thing to happen in a season is finish dead last and get the 1st pick in the draft.

Maybe this organization realized this after week 1 and had decided to go this route.  If so, it is the 100% correct thing to do an absolutely brilliant.

Stay tuned!

if douglas believes he has job security then it's in his best interest to tank and draft a qb.  saleh, not so much.

50 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Didn't we try this once before?

Actually they did try “this” before, but I guess they all forgot that they did, they need someone of your caliber to replace Joe Douglas.

You want job working for Woody and the Jets?

Jeez, I can’t watch Simien either.  If they really sign and start this guy then it’ll be totally confirmed that No One can run an organization this poorly, has to be something else, which is they’re Sadists.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Wow.  So the plan was lets get a QB that really underwhelms so the fans wont be too upset if we stay with Wilson. 

I think this is the plan (no matter how ridiculous the plan is):

• They're punting on this season....did the second Rodgers' injury was confirmed
  • Giving Zach his last shot at securing a spot on this team in the future
  • If Zach can't beat out Trevor for the starting job...well whoever Zach's biggest supporters at One Jets Drive will have nothing to retort 
  • Trevor will be enough to not cause a mutiny in the locker room and not give up any draft picks
  • They are clearly all in on Rodgers playing 2024 + 2025 and just looking to get through the year and keep the team intact
  • May be in a position to draft a QB to be Rodgers' eventual successor or trade down from a high 1st round pick and build up the weak roster spots 
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why not just play the guy that's been here all camp and looked good in the preseason/better then Zach? 

You mean Boyle? Yeah I'm not sure it seemed like best idea just to trot him out verse  NE even if say at the half, when Zach was going three and out every drive.

Then he plays and if he plays good let him go to KC. Now we are at KC with Zach again and Siemens maybe the following week.

Idk. I guess closer to no more Zach which is good, it is just confusing as hell. When it does not need to be. Zach can not run offense. Bench him for back up. Bring in new guy. Let them play. Simple.

I have been saying the offense just needs any decent player that can hit gareet wilson in stride and hand off. Siemens can do that. And can def make all the throws Zach can. Plus probably can play at NFL speed. As um likey as it is, this guy might play us to the playoffs and I am all for that.

No problem inserting Rodgers next year and letting Zach go.

Not the guy I wanted but it is the guy I wanted out and that is all that matters.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ive said it many times.  If you dont win the super bowl, the 2nd best thing to happen in a season is finish dead last and get the 1st pick in the draft.

Maybe this organization realized this after week 1 and had decided to go this route.  If so, it is the 100% correct thing to do an absolutely brilliant.

Stay tuned!

I get this thinking most of the time, however not with this team, during this point in time. 

We have a pretty young and talented roster and we can't just punt away the season completely and have their development compromised, or their desire to play here (Avoid them demanding trades).

We need some foundation of winning (some) games and unity going into 2024 with Rodgers returning, not a fractured shell of a locker room. 

We need some stability and hopefully finish around .500.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if douglas believes he has job security then it's in his best interest to tank and draft a qb.  saleh, not so much.

I'm a big selah defender. Or at least was. His job to use play makers, he is smart enough to know Zach sucks and go run heavy. As far as I'm concerned Joe could can him and I be good with it.  Most others would too because he is the Zach guy.

i was one who said it was gross negligence to not bring in another QB, so i can't really crush this move.  sadly, he's probably the best QB on the roster.  if anything, when zach ultimately gets crushed behind this line (or the coaches actually bench him), he's probably an upgrade over boyle.

hopefully this isn't the end of them exploring other QB options, but the QB room is "better" now than it was yesterday (admittedly a very, very, very low bar).

• Upvote 4

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I get this thinking most of the time, however not with this team, during this point in time. 

We have a pretty young and talented roster and we can't just punt away the season completely and have their development compromised, or their desire to play here (Avoid them demanding trades).

We need some foundation of winning (some) games and unity going into 2024 with Rodgers returning, not a fractured shell of a locker room. 

We need some stability and hopefully finish around .500.

Yep. Let's count on the 40 year old one legged QB to turn this ship around.

This team is doomed.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think this is the plan (no matter how ridiculous the plan is):

• They're punting on this season....did the second Rodgers' injury was confirmed
  • Giving Zach his last shot at securing a spot on this team in the future
  • If Zach can't beat out Trevor for the starting job...well whoever Zach's biggest supporters at One Jets Drive will have nothing to retort 
  • Trevor will be enough to not cause a mutiny in the locker room and not give up any draft picks
  • They are clearly all in on Rodgers playing 2024 + 2025 and just looking to get through the year and keep the team intact
  • May be in a position to draft a QB to be Rodgers' eventual successor or trade down from a high 1st round pick and build up the weak roster spots 

Man wouldn't it be great if we drafted a QB and Rodgers was like I picked him. He is my guy. 

Just now, jetblue95 said:

i was one who said it was gross negligence to not bring in another QB, so i can't really crush this move.  sadly, he's probably the best QB on the roster.  if anything, when zach ultimately gets crushed behind this line (or the coaches actually bench him), he's probably an upgrade over boyle.

hopefully this isn't the end of them exploring other QB options, but the QB room is "better" now than it was yesterday (admittedly a very, very, very low bar).

You were right, they should have brought in another QB. If Rodger doesn't get hurt no one the wiser but yeah you and many others were right.