Rodgers: Jets fans are too negative

dbatesman

23 minutes ago, PS17 said:

“I understand the frustration of the fanbase. They’ve had a rough stretch now for over a decade. I have the confidence that Saleh and Douglas will do what’s necessary to right the ship.”

^that should have been your quote, Aaron. As someone who’s been on board the whole Rodgers process I’m close to being off the bandwagon. Blow the whole thing up - Douglas, Saleh, Rodgers.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1

Again.

This is entirely on Joe Douglas and Rodgers should be talking to him.

The fan base has ZERO patience left for Zach Wilson.  NONE.    There were boos even in that Buffalo game.  More fans than not hated this kid before he was even drafted. Zach should have been traded or cut this off-season.  It was obvious to just about anyone paying attention - except, it seems, Joe Douglas

Any other QB would have been given some time to work things out.  Not Zach, not here (not saying it's a bad things, just the reality)

I was almost certain he would be traded and was thoroughly shocked he wasn't.  And not because there wasn't a slight chance he turns it around somewhere else - but there was ZERO chance he could do it here.  

When it became clear he wasn't going to move Zach - is when I started to really understand that Joe Douglas is lost and doesn't have a pulse on the team, the league or the fan base.  The rest of the off-season spiraled from there.

25 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Namath is an actual NY Icon who won a SB wearing the Jets uniform.  Rodgers got on the field in NY and ran off the field with a bobo on his foot.  Namath would have rubbed dirt on it and come back in on the next play.

Namath was born in Beaver Falls. Zach Wilson falls over himself for beaver

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Zero issues with what was said here. Rodgers is right IMO. Doesn’t mean that fans can’t boo, you can do whatever you want… but Rodgers is right

He’s wrong and all he did was cause further division within the fan base. I predicted this earlier in the week, rodgers saving JD and Saleh is Rodgers saving himself. 

Now watch how he defend those 2 when the season ends because he knows we want these dudes heads. 

This is a complete clown show 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Again.

The fan base has ZERO patience left for Zach Wilson.  NONE.    There were boos even in that Buffalo game.  More fans than not hated this kid before he was even drafted. Zach should have been traded or cut this off-season.  It was obvious to just about anyone paying attention - except, it seems, Joe Douglas

Any other QB would have been given some time to work things out.  Not Zach, not here (not saying it's a bad things, just the reality)

I was almost certain he would be traded and was thoroughly shocked he wasn't.  And not because there wasn't a slight chance he turns it around somewhere else - but there was ZERO chance he could do it here.  

When it became clear he wasn't going to move Zach - is when I started to really understand that Joe Douglas is lost and doesn't have a pulse on the team, the league or the fan base.  The rest of the off-season spiraled from there.

You gotta be sh*tting me with this post.  Especially the bold.  He was given PLENTY of time.  Glacial level patience by the org.  And if you didn't want him have to see the field this year, droves of us were screaming all offseason that we needed a QB2 and for Zach to be the QB3.  

Fido still blaming Jets fans (and the org) for Zach Wilson's failure.  Kindly GFY.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Again.

Why were you shocked they didn’t trade Zach Wilson? They went out of their way to make it abundantly clear, on several occasions, that they were not giving up on him and were even factoring that into their search for  new QB. Completely moronic? Yes. Shocking? Hardly.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Rodgers go f yourself seriously 

You have some nerve telling us how tf to react to this never ending clown music.

Go blow a fat 🍆 hippie 

Did you ever think this clown show is partly so because of all the negativity?

And to think, there is ALWAYS another option:

image.jpeg.b496350e96465daff7f43babb190ff2f.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Larz said:

He’s not wrong.  Idiots here talking about booing on Tuesday 

It's because they are trotting out the worst QB in the league for the 3rd year in a row.  They act as if we are blind to the fact that Zach is one of the worst busts in the history of the NFL.  We have a right to boo this team!

Just now, GangGreened said:

Why were you shocked they didn’t trade Zach Wilson? They went out of their way to make it abundantly clear, on several occasions, that they were not giving up on him and were even factoring that into their search for  new QB. Completely moronic? Yes. Shocking? Hardly.

Because GM's say sh*t all that time that isn't actually their plan.  It's actually the pretty standard M.O.

And this current outcome was incredibly predictable - that JD had to have seen if ZW had to play even a couple of series the boos would start almost immediately - and that whenever they did start Zach completely balled up into a shell.

My mistake was assuming Joe Douglas was a competent GM-I was truly under that impression for a few years.   This move or lack thereof was and is a clear indicator to me that he is another in a long line of Jet GM's that simply don't have a grasp on the league.

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Did you ever think this clown show is partly so because of all the negativity?

And to think, there is ALWAYS another option:

image.jpeg.b496350e96465daff7f43babb190ff2f.jpeg

BREAKING NEWS: 

THE NEGATIVITY COMES FROM THE CONSTANT LOSING SEASONS

idk why this is rocket science to some of y’all 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You gotta be sh*tting me with this post.  Especially the bold.  He was given PLENTY of time.  Glacial level patience by the org.  And if you didn't want him have to see the field this year, droves of us were screaming all offseason that we needed a QB2 and for Zach to be the QB3.  

Fido still blaming Jets fans (and the org) for Zach Wilson's failure.  Kindly GFY.  

They should've Josh Rosen'd his ass after year 1.  

• Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Again.

I'm sure there is a lot to investing such a high draft pick in a QB and not wanting to give up.  Two seasons is not a lot to see, but there just doesn't seem to be movement.  Again, I am always of the mindset you give players three years to see what they have, but if the light was going to come on, Zach would have, at the very least, won that New England game.  

With the talent on the defense, and the decent talent on offense, you really wonder what a guy like Cousins, Carr, Garropolo, Minshew, Wilson, Tannehill.  Anyone of the second-tiered level QBs in this league, I think, could get us to the playoffs.  

Now, here is an interesting thought:  Imagine if you roll with Zach all year, and that nets us the 1st overall pick.  That goes to us because of Rodgers.  Imagine drafting Caleb Williams and having him sit for a year behind Aaron Rodgers.  I think with the draft and a bit in free agency, you could pick up a WR and some more O-line help to, at the very least, get us in the playoffs.  

BUT....there we go again already thinking of next year.  It is a habit FAR too often utilized by Jets fans alike!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Again.

Hmmm.

Zach Wilson has 25 starts under his belt. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

I'm sure there is a lot to investing such a high draft pick in a QB and not wanting to give up.  Two seasons is not a lot to see, but there just doesn't seem to be movement.  Again, I am always of the mindset you give players three years to see what they have, but if the light was going to come on, Zach would have, at the very least, won that New England game.  

With the talent on the defense, and the decent talent on offense, you really wonder what a guy like Cousins, Carr, Garropolo, Minshew, Wilson, Tannehill.  Anyone of the second-tiered level QBs in this league, I think, could get us to the playoffs.  

Now, here is an interesting thought:  Imagine if you roll with Zach all year, and that nets us the 1st overall pick.  That goes to us because of Rodgers.  Imagine drafting Caleb Williams and having him sit for a year behind Aaron Rodgers.  I think with the draft and a bit in free agency, you could pick up a WR and some more O-line help to, at the very least, get us in the playoffs.  

BUT....there we go again already thinking of next year.  It is a habit FAR too often utilized by Jets fans alike!

I would love Caleb to be honest but let’s be real the jets are not even competent enough to tank correctly, we will probably win 2 meaningless games with Siemian, against top teams that should be mud stomping us, costing us the pick.

IMO

Keep in one of the greatest tank QBs to ever grace a nfl field in Zach and then we are cooking with gas. 

• Haha 1