You are what your record says you are; season back on track

Maxman

Very surprised how good we've looked these last 3 weeks.

Hoping we build off of it. Bye week is coming at a good time for us with 3 CBs injured and should be cleared against the NYG.

Get the OL to start gelling and have Zach keep building confidence. You can tell how close we are for this offense to really start clicking.

3 very winnable games after the bye. If we can go 2-1 in those games I'll be happy.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

Have to beat the giants... they have looked terrible at times but did a heck of a job last night in Buffalo and should have won... that game scares me the most out of the next 3... just hope we can get healthy

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Taylor looks a LOT better than jones. Hopefully jones is ready to come back in 2 weeks lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Just wildcard?  They have four division games left and can win all four.

Think we’re sweeping the Phins with that O? Or the Pats we haven’t beaten in bleh # of years? Or the Bills in Buffalo?

I admire your perennial optimism but forgive me if I’m a doubter re:winning the division still at this point. No worries, Jets can show me, no need to tell me.

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Being 3-3 is indeed a good thing. A wildcard berth remains a possibility if we maintain on D and see improved scoring on O. Schedule is easier that should help. 

Conventional wisdom screams YES, but we seem to have a penchant right now for beating better teams and losing to lesser teams. Denver is the only team we’ve beat that doesn’t have a winning record. We also beat the Eagles without our best defenders and that’s just weird. So, my point? Who the hell knows what this team will or won’t do, but Saleh and company should have a busy bi-week coming up because they need to figure this damn thing out, 

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:Think we’re sweeping the Phins with that O? Or the Pats we haven’t beaten in bleh # of years? Or the Bills in Buffalo?

I admire your perennial optimism but forgive me if I’m a doubter re:winning the division still at this point. No worries, Jets can show me, no need to tell me.

Next Sunday night will be must watch television for me. The Eagles may’ve been looking past the Jets yesterday with their matchup with the fish coming next week, and now they are going to go into that game with a chip on their shoulder. Rather than being the last undefeated team facing a fish team that revels in ending such streaks since 1973, and all the pressure on them, they are going to be playing angry and looking to re-correct their season. Will be looking for the Eagles to put together a blue print for beating them, knowing the Jets defense is built to slow down teams like them. 

As for the Jets, they just wrapped up the section of the season we’ve been talking about since the schedule was released, and they survived it. I do not look forward to that jints game, it will probably be the most boring football game ever played and the Jets have sucked coming out of the bye week for what seems like forever. If this is going to be a winning season, that’s the kind of game they have to win. The schedule loosens up significantly the rest of the way. Games against the Bills and cheats don’t scare me (well, the cheats maybe a little, lil Bill knows how to embarrass Jets’ QBs). They can certainly be in the mix if their offense can show an occasional sign of life. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

This place is pretty quiet after the franchises 1st ever win vs the undefeated Eagles.

Great win last night! 

What do you mean? There are two big Zach sucks threads to celebrate(eye roll). … I agree, couldn’t sleep that’s how great it was. 

• Sympathy 1

have to beat Giants, Charges because it is a home game and the Raiders.  Bills in Buffalo will be tough, giving them an L there.  Have to beat Miami at home.  Then have to beat Falcons, Texans, lose to Miami in Miami if Tua is still playing then beat the Commanders, Browns (will be huge for a playoff tiebreaker) and the Pats.  so that is 12-5.  Will probably lose one or 2 they should win so at least 10-7 i'll go with 11-6.

Question, if we need the Pats game, do you bench Zach since he cannot beat them?

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Being 3-3 is indeed a good thing. A wildcard berth remains a possibility if we maintain on D and see improved scoring on O. Schedule is easier that should help. 

Why a just wildcard possibility. The Dolphins could be 7-3 by the time they face off at Metlife. The Dolphins have played nobody other than the Bills and Chargers. They have The Eagles next week and the Chiefs coming up in Arrowhead.

The Jets need to come out of this bye and go 3-1 in the next 4, which they can do. Chargers game will be tough, but I expect a home win. Bills game could go either way, but I expect them to drop 1 of the next 4.

They could be playing Miami for the top spot in the division with a Win against Miami, They could both be 7-4 after that game and the Jets would have the current tie breaker over Miami due to a head to head win.

I know looking way to far ahead, but beating the Eagles yesterday exorcised some demons for this team, and I am being a little more optimistic.  The division is still in play.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Why a just wildcard possibility.

Because I don't believe in any way we're even that good, I certainly don't think we're winning the division.

Yesterday's win was all D, and as fluky as when the Commanders beat the undefeated Eagles last year.  The Eagles look past crap teams, they've done it now two years in a row.  Glad they did, but it doesn't change our Offense from being one of the worst in the NFL being carried by a mid-level (so far) Defense.  That's not good enough to make the postseason IMO.

But that's why they play the games, the Jets have every opportunity to prove a doubting cynic like me wrong, and can start doing it by smashing the no-account Giants in two weeks.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Outside of on the road vs Buffalo there isnt a game that scares me the rest of the way

Think we'll handle the historic scoring Dolphins just fine eh?

At least it IS strength vs. strength, our D is clearly our best unit.  But if those games turn in any way into scoring shootouts.....yeah.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Games have been really hard to predict. 

Many of last year's playoff teams looking like anything but playoff teams.  "Bad" teams beating "good" teams.  Elite QBs turning in stinker games.  Superstars not performing for long stretches.  Injured stars out-performed by backup players playing like their hair is on fire. 

Makes for a fun season, and certainly makes sportswriters look foolish. e.g., "overrated Jets defense."

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Because I don't believe in any way we're even that good, I certainly don't think we're winning the division.

Yesterday's win was all D, and as fluky as when the Commanders beat the undefeated Eagles last year.  The Eagles look past crap teams, they've done it now two years in a row.  Glad they did, but it doesn't change our Offense from being one of the worst in the NFL being carried by a mid-level (so far) Defense.  That's not good enough to make the postseason IMO.

But that's why they play the games, the Jets have every opportunity to prove a doubting cynic like me wrong, and can start doing it by smashing the no-account Giants in two weeks.

I fully agree, but a game like yesterdays, is a loss every year for this team no matter what. I know you and I have been watching this nightmare for a very long time.

They absolutely need to come out of the bye and truck the Giants. Jets have been terrible coming out of Bye's in forever. If they lose to the Giants, I will be right back with ya on sentiment, but yesterday they made it move a little bit.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Think we’re sweeping the Phins with that O? Or the Pats we haven’t beaten in bleh # of years? Or the Bills in Buffalo?

i've seen this fins movie before.  as a matter of fact, last season they started out hot and then swooned.  of course last year was due more to tua being hurt.  but that's a point too.  a key injury to tua or hill or waddle could really set them back.  as for the bills, i don't think allen is as elusive in the pocket as hurts was. take away allens running and the bills are a little average.  and their defense can be beaten.  the patsies? starting 1-5 is not doing them any good.  i suspect there are more changes on the horizon besides putting in the back up qb for a few plays here and there.  they can be beat.

It's true 

You are what your record says you are 

The Jets are 500 that's not great and it's not terrible 

Honestly I don't know how they won that game yesterday or at Denver. The defense is balling. Specials are better than they've been in years.

But Sooner or later the offense has to show up if they want to be a winning team 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, frankiepapa said:

Have to beat the giants... they have looked terrible at times but did a heck of a job last night in Buffalo and should have won... that game scares me the most out of the next 3... just hope we can get healthy

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

It only "scares me the most" because it's the most winnable (making it the toughest one for us to win) . . .