Jets sign pro bowl guard

Rhg1084

It's something.  And required no trade-assets it would seem, so good.

Hopefully JD isn't done scraping the FA list and other teams Practice Squads for OL help.

Does anyone know why this guy wasn't in the league in 2023?  Injury issues, play quality, personal stuff?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jet25 said:

Saffold started every game last year but was the team’s least effective starter with a 43.8 PFF grade.

He surrendered 30 pressures in 2022, the most on the team, while allowing four QB Hits, tied for second-most on the team.

Was just going to post this. Saffold’s play was so bad that the Bills believed he was a massive part of Josh Allen’s dropoff in production last year. They couldn’t wait to move on from him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

Saffold started every game last year but was the team’s least effective starter with a 43.8 PFF grade.

He surrendered 30 pressures in 2022, the most on the team, while allowing four QB Hits, tied for second-most on the team.

Which means he will be our best Olineman since the current guys we got are giving up pressures like it is for free.

10 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Is he better than our 4th string guard?  I hats the question. 

He doesn't have to be better than our 4th string guard.  After our 4th string guard gets injured in the next game, he just has to be better than our 5th string guard.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

PFF, the Josh McDaniel of expert analysis.

14 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

so he will be our best olineman.....lol

seiriously though in how many snaps? did he give up any sacks? this doesn't sound all that bad. though supposedly he is a better run blocker than pass blocker. PFF is trash

So an offensive lineman who started every game for a super bowl contending team last year wasn’t even on anyone’s roster, or practice squad, the following October? Despite a rash of offensive line injuries in the NFL this year? And, from what I’ve read, it doesn’t even seen he was in training camp with any team? Strange.

12 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Someone posted on another thread that he recently failed a physical.

lol that was me. when i looked him up i saw that and was likw WTF??? then i saw it was years ago. i figured i'd post it and people would have the same reaction before they realized, lol

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

looks like he will fit right in with our current OL

• Haha 1