Raiders Fire HC Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

My reaction, exactly. Another idiotic, thin-skinned owner who would be fired ruthlessly if he actually had to report to someone. Blind guy fires blind guy for leading him the wrong way. Sh*tshow.

My reaction was more of...  McDaniels can't be that stupid.   You are not doing well and you dress as your boss???  I didn't even consider the fact that the owner, thin skinned, fired him. I think that McDaniels is simply not the football mind many thought he was and lacks common social sense as well.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t think McDaniels was going to last, but 3-5 is a pretty quick hook, no?

I don’t see the big benefit to firing a guy 8 games into the season. 

is their talent really much better than 3-5? They don’t even have the worst record in the conference (go pats!)

I don’t know, this just seems to perpetuate the aura of dysfunction surrounding that organization. 

The fact that he hasn’t made it 1.5 years into two separate HC gigs strongly suggests he just rubs people the wrong way. I’d imagine very arrogant and inflexible.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The fact that he hasn’t made it 1.5 years into two separate HC gigs strongly suggests he just rubs people the wrong way. I’d imagine very arrogant and inflexible.

I think you are right - it's his personality. 

It turns out personality is super important in the real world!

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Hex said:

Nah, he'll be at the end of the season. I would be very surprised if Staley got fired midseason unless he has a meltdown

Prob right but if he loses to jets on national tv - it is possible especially if he does one of those dumb go for it on 4th down in your own territory and that changed the game

not sure who is on their staff as an interim

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

is their talent really much better than 3-5? They don’t even have the worst record in the conference (go pats!)

I don’t know, this just seems to perpetuate the aura of dysfunction surrounding that organization. 

tank GIF

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

tank GIF

Plus, it’s different since:  1) They were also firing the GM, and 2) McDaniels had probably lost the team (Davante Adams dysfunction / potential locker room splitting).  Making the move right after the trade deadline I guess makes sense to give them the max amount of time to start recruiting GM candidates.

Absolutely dysfunctional org, yes, but it wouldn’t have been any less dysfunctional to wait if they were planning on the house-cleaning move regardless.

• Upvote 1

3 and 5 is about right.  The organization at the top is dysfunctional.  If you're an owner with no answers and you have a money machine that's dysfunctional at the game level, why do you want the guy running the team to be a dick?  You can get a nice guy who treats you well suck and make money.  

• Upvote 3