Daniel Jones injury - Torn ACL out for season

Maxman

I actually didn't think he was coming back this week. Sound like he was going to be out longer. But this new injury sounds pretty serious. I guess official word will come tomorrow?

That contract extension is going to go down as one of the worst ever. If his year is done to touchdowns and six interceptions for 45 million. Ouch.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Non-contact knee injury. ACL until proven otherwise. We will find out tomorrow. If true, he will miss at least half of next season too. 

Yikes. And he is a running QB it would impact his game for sure.

7 minutes ago, jetsfan4life72 said:

MetLife turf strikes again! Oh wait, it was a grass field. 

He took a very long step with his right leg reaching out way too far away from the rest of his body and practically bending the knee inward, the opposite way (hyperextended). This time it’s not the turf. I think he’s just not that athletic. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We gave up draft picks and millions for 4 snaps. It happens.

And a Super Bowl win.

Situations arent the same. Injuries happen. 200 million dollar contracts to players that stink get regimes fired.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

QB injuries are dominating the NFL. We have practice squad players starting games. Not sure how they can better protect QBs. Maybe create a no tackle zone around QBs. In other words touch football for QBs. 
I'm telling you....flag football will start with the QBs

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I actually didn't think he was coming back this week. Sound like he was going to be out longer. But this new injury sounds pretty serious. I guess official word will come tomorrow?

That contract extension is going to go down as one of the worst ever. If his year is done to touchdowns and six interceptions for 45 million. Ouch.

They gave him 120 carries last year in addition to getting sacked 44 times. He was averaging about eight carries and six sacks per game this year. Jones is a big dude and a good athlete, but these guys all break down pretty quick when they’re subjected to that kind of punishment. Cam Newton had create-a-player size and speed and even he was finished before turning 30. The extension for Jones only made sense if Daboll thought he could make him a pocket passer. Unfortunately for them, they greatly overestimated what kind of pockets this roster would provide and what kind of passer Jones really was. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

32 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The Vikings have gone through all 3 QBs on their roster. The Giants are on no. 3 and just signed Matt Barkley. It's adding up the Rams and others. AR lasted 4 plays. 

Is the Passtronaut down? I thought he finished the game. Craziest part was he didn't know his teammates. "That's for next week"

It was a horrible contract from the start. I was shocked they gave him that.

If I’m the Giants, I would not fire Daboll. Draft a QB in the 1st and let him develop. It was a mistake to believe in Danny Dimes. Guy fumbles like crazy. But it would be a mistake to fire Daboll.

These coaches are at the mercy of their QBs. Daboll didn't all of sudden become a bad coach. He’s the same coach as he was last year. Just that he hasnt been able to prop up his QB this year. Same issues the Jets have on offense. Bad QB and bad OL.

• Upvote 2

That was a very dumb contract they gave Jones.  What has he done to breed that kind of confidence. He's a very average to below average QB.  Last year was an absolute fluke for the Giants. They were way over their head getting to the playoffs and the Eagles absolutely embarrassed them. They took a huge step backwards this year and could very well be in the cards for the #1 pick now.  Giants GM is as bad as Macc. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They gave him 120 carries last year in addition to getting sacked 44 times. He was averaging about eight carries and six sacks per game this year. Jones is a big dude and a good athlete, but these guys all break down pretty quick when they’re subjected to that kind of punishment. Cam Newton had create-a-player size and speed and even he was finished before turning 30. The extension for Jones only made sense if Daboll thought he could make him a pocket passer. Unfortunately for them, they greatly overestimated what kind of pockets this roster would provide and what kind of passer Jones really was. 

Lint has more use in a pocket than Daniel Jones. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

They need to go back to a more rigorous training camp with a couple of two-a-days and more days wearing pads. The players who are affecting the QBs getting hurt the most (because of the lackadaisical new training camp rules) are the offensive linemen. 

As far as the advent of so many non-contact injuries happening has to have the real grass vs the new supposedly better turf as part of the discussion starting this winter at the league meetings.

and as usual the Giants will get a pass from the media, I am sure their fans will be tough on them, but the media does not pile on, Paul Schwartz picked the Giants again to win yesterday like he does for most weeks in the NYPost.  Costello has picked the Jets maybe once to win all season.  That team is a legit dumpster fire right now.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

QB injuries are dominating the NFL. We have practice squad players starting games. Not sure how they can better protect QBs. Maybe create a no tackle zone around QBs. In other words touch football for QBs. 

Go click on YouTube and just watch this play. It's the exact same call they did to us last year when Mac Jones was sacked