Fireman Ed

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Love the Dolphin fan thing. We has been at pretty much every Jets game since the 80s as far as I know. Other than the year he got hurt and Covid.

He does what he does and asks for nothing. This week he left his family because a group from Germany wanted to meet him. He stopped what he was doing, told nobody, asked for nothing and spent time with them.

Ed's legit and a very good dude.

More importantly the stadium is louder with him doing the chant.

I never understood the hate for this guy. He’s such a nice guy and whether you want to admit it or not, has an impact on the home crowd and therefore has an impact on the game. 

Leave the guy alone. People are just obnoxious. 

• Upvote 2

I absolutely love our chant.  Getting to hear it live, in the stadium, for my first time still is a moment I'll cherish and never forget.  F'ing goosebumps and shivers man and a smile from ear to ear.

I even kinda like it that my beloved Washington Nats literally stole the Jets chant (N...A....T...S...NATS! NATS! NATS! Whoo!) although I could do without the lame added "Whooo!" at the end, lol.

I love Fireman Ed.  I like having a "Famous fan" who represents us, and does good things, and doesn't seem to be a selfish prick. 

I've read what Max has said about him over the years and I believe Max.  I'm 100% a homer for Fireman Ed.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Honestly I had the exact same reaction when I saw the thread.

Then I was like wait I don't have to talk about the QB, sign me up lol.

Heh, good point.

I just think it’s corny and borderline nuts to have a “take” on whether or not you like a fan for being a fan, based on heresay and the made-up bonafides of fandom. Like, guys, he’s just a dude who cheers. Get over it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jigsaw89 said:

When Ed is gone we will be telling our kids and grandkids how awesome he was. By the way the world is going in 10 years he will be replaced with some tranny then he'll really be missed. 

Gotta squeeze in the bigotry, amiright?

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Love the Dolphin fan thing. We has been at pretty much every Jets game since the 80s as far as I know. Other than the year he got hurt and Covid.

He does what he does and asks for nothing. This week he left his family because a group from Germany wanted to meet him. He stopped what he was doing, told nobody, asked for nothing and spent time with them.

Ed's legit and a very good dude.

More importantly the stadium is louder with him doing the chant.

Have you ever had a conversation with Ed?  I have, and I think the guy is nuts!   But, being nuts is not necessarily a bad thing.  I'm glad he's a Jets fan!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

My son Dan is now 33.  When he was 9, he and I were leaving Giants Stadium after a game and we came across Ed near one of the exits.  He put that fireman's hat on my son's head and we took some photos.  Very nice guy.  

Yep... in Canton he was nothing but gracious and a gentleman to all that approached him, including me. 

IMG_0261.jpg

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Alka said:

Have you ever had a conversation with Ed?  I have, and I think the guy is nuts!   But, being nuts is not necessarily a bad thing.  I'm glad he's a Jets fan!

I have numerous conversations with him. We have even had him on JetNation Radio several times.

• Upvote 1

I like Ed , don’t know him but have had multiple random interactions with him over the years , always a gentleman . Who cares about the Dolphins stuff …I wore a Houston Oilers jacket all through middle school cuz I hated the front runnning Steeler fans even back then . And I thought Dan Pastorini was cool. 

17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If you dont like fireman ed then FU. this guy is great! people dont like him because they are stupid and jealous of him. Jealous that he is not afraid to be jets fan like they are. I love that he likes the team and not afraid to show it. Every single person that dislikes him is just a d bag that only hates him cause they dont have the balls to be like him. 

Just freaking let the guy root for the jets and join in if you want. This Shaun guy doesn't even spell his own name right, stupid hippy.

You, of all people making fun of other people’s spelling?

Canadian Lol GIF

23 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just freaking let the guy root for the jets and join in if you want. This Shaun guy doesn't even spell his own name right, stupid hippy.

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You, of all people making fun of other people’s spelling?

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It's his name bro not a typo.

Once again your trivial comments are of little value

🤔

On 11/11/2023 at 3:47 AM, KINGDIRK said:

We hate everything here:

Fireman Ed, Cimini, Manish, pff, Cowherd, Collinsworth, Aikman, Woody, Romo, Jets hating national media, Francesa, WFAN hosts,  ESPN NY hosts.

And Quinnen Williams.  Don't forget him.

16 hours ago, Jigsaw89 said:

Your post was disgusting by the way. # 1 that stuff has no place here. But more importantly why should we hate someone because of something personal to them. I didn't end it with a ? mark, because I definitely am not looking for an answer.

Let's chalk this up to a joke, I think it was. But no place for that here.

image.thumb.png.f6ee179741421a5b598985fbc0f96d12.png

Fireman Ed: "Firefighter in Harlem...Leader of the Jets fans"

Just saw this (it's from an interview on The Pat McAfee Show on 5/19/2023).  Once again, I can't stand Fireman Ed.  The guy eats up this kind of attention. 

And it's fine if he wants to do it.  It's clearly opened up doors for him and given him his 15 minutes of fame.  Good for him!  But I certainly don't need to be a fan of his.  I find him to be obnoxious as heck.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just saw this (it's from an interview on The Pat McAfee Show on 5/19/2023).  Once again, I can't stand Fireman Ed.  The guy eats up this kind of attention. 

And it's fine if he wants to do it.  It probably has opened doors for him.  Good for him!  But I certainly don't need to be a fan of his.  I find him to be obnoxious as heck.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Your post was disgusting by the way. # 1 that stuff has no place here. But more importantly why should we hate someone because of something personal to them. I didn't end it with a ? mark, because I definitely am not looking for an answer.

Let's chalk this up to a joke, I think it was. But no place for that here.

Sorry!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And it's fine if he wants to do it.  It's clearly opened up doors for him and given him his 15 minutes of fame.  Good for him!  But I certainly don't need to be a fan of his.  I find him to be obnoxious as heck.

I think we found Sars alt. :)

On 11/11/2023 at 11:41 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

I love when people say, “Screw him.  He was a Dolphins fan”.  Hahahahaha.

What does that matter?  Can you not like one team for awhile and then realize you like another team better?

I am glad he switched from being a dolphins fan.  

According to the article posted earlier in the thread, he switched to the Jets in the mid-70s, which means two things: he was a teenager at the time and he started rooting for them when they weren’t very good - so he wasn’t a bandwagon jumper.  I think 40+ years of meritorious service eclipses any unseemly allegiances he had in his younger years.

• Upvote 1