Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Dang the bears currently have 2 top 5 picks? 

Fwiw, if they end up the season with 2 top 5 picks, that might provide us an opportunity to trade up.  The Bears' GM was crazy enough to trade their 2nd rounder for a Commanders' DT.  Possibly they'd trade us a top 5 for our 1st rounder along with some combo of our superstars (Sauce, Quinnen, etc). We're never going to be able to pay them all (and still put together a competitive team) and the NFL is all about the QB.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fwiw, if they end up the season with 2 top 5 picks, that might provide us an opportunity to trade up.  The Bears' GM was crazy enough to trade their 2nd rounder for a Commanders' DT.  Possibly they'd trade us a top 5 for our 1st rounder along with some combo of our superstars (Sauce, Quinnen, etc). We're never going to be able to pay them all (and still put together a competitive team) and the NFL is all about the QB.

Maybe huff or becton if one of them are franchise tagged 

I haven’t looked into this draft class at all so not sure if any LT or WR is worth trading up for. Qb maybe? 

If anyone knows their Jets draft history we’ve had the #1 pick only once way back in 1996. Teams like the Colts & Rams have each had the #1 pick 7 times.

While we definitely have not been a winning franchise in a very long time, we definitely have no clue (or more likely desire) to ever tank.  Even in recent times we couldn’t even tank to get Trevor Lawrence. We easily could have got the #1 draft pick, but we pulled out our usual late season win to save our pride (translation: our coach trying to save his job), and that gave us Zach the #2 pick . . . who has quite literally played just like the the other type of #2 since we drafted him.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just draft Bo Nix. He's smart, accurate, tough, mature.... and his wife is named Izzy Smoke for crissakes.

LOL

I really like nix. He’s mobile, has a decent arm, and he has started over 50games in college. He has also played top competition.

• Upvote 1

I never wanted Rodgers and I certainly don't want Adams.

Though I admit AR has shown more buy in then I expected.

The way to build  a consistent contender is not by collecting fossils.

QB and receiver with our first two picks. Lanning as our next HC,

Douglas &  Saleh as 0ur  ex front office

2 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Though I admit AR has shown more buy in then I expected.

Agreed

Agreed

If we have a shot at a high ceiling QB then we have to go for it.  If not, then I think we badly need WR and OL.

I have somewhat mixed feelings on Saleh but would have no issue whatsoever if they moved on from him.  JD is more complicated.  I still am a big fan of his, despite his horrible record.  I think his bad acquisitions this year were related to getting AR8 to agree to come here.  I want him to get a shot to fix the offense.  But he has to go ALL IN on the offense at this point.  The defense is already plenty good.  Get OL.  Get WR.  Get any weapinz you can get.  Then go get more.

The one thing that really sickens me is that the Packers had no leverage in the AR8 trade yet JD agreed to swap 1st rounders, which led to Pittsburgh trading up with the Pats to jump ahead of us and take the OT that we badly could've used.  

8 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

There was a Packers fan when we finally got Rodgers, and I wish I could find his post. If what you say is true, that poster was 100% on the money. He said something along the lines of : "good luck, he was never a Packer, and he will never be a Jet, he is his own team"

I'd be perfectly fine with that if we could've gotten the years the Packers got out of him.

29 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

That be too too much of a luxury.

Well for the jets yes as they have no clue how to use impact players on offense.

I'd prefer one of the top wrs if we do not go oline but Bowers is potentially kelce imo... i know i know TE always get over drafted.

9 hours ago, oatmeal said:

appreciate this

This is the qb rankings from 7 days ago via: pfn 

1) Drake Maye

2) Caleb Williams, USC Trojans

3)J.J. McCarthy, Michigan Wolverines

4) Michael Penix Jr., Washington 

5)Bo Nix, Oregon Ducks

6) Jayden Daniels, LSU Tigers

7) Shedeur Sanders, Colorado Buffaloes

😎 Cameron Ward, Washington State Cougars

9) Quinn Ewers, Texas Longhorns

10) Jordan Travis, Florida State Seminoles

The bottom 6 may all go back to school though, I think # 7 father already said he’s returning 

Since I think we will be picking around 4...

How big is Penix?...

Size matters...

• Haha 2