***Official Thanksgiving Games Thread***

T0mShane

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Reminder that two teams from the #EnemiesList go today and are both significant underdogs. The Packers and Seahawks getting smacked would help take the edge off of some of the terrible sh*t Columbus and his colonizing ilk pulled back in the day. 

The funnest outcome in Commies-Cowboys would be a Commies upset because it probably gets McCarthy fired and McCarthy is the one coach that could tempt Woody (at the behest of Rodgers) to fire Saleh. Side benefit: Belichick to the Cowboys and out of the AFC East would be sweet.

On a serious note, Happy Thanksgiving to you people. I am grateful for this place and you fellow masochist losers. No matter what’s happening in real life, it’s nice to be able to check out for a little bit to argue and jerk around with you guys. Thanks for that. And eff you to my haters get botulism 

IMG_4629.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving to you. Read in the Post today that NFL might flex Jets/ Texans to Monday night Dec 11 and move Giants/ Packers to Sunday at 1PM. Hope the Tommy DeVito show will make them not do it.😁

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you. Read in the Post today that NFL might flex Jets/ Texans to Monday night Dec 11 and move Giants/ Packers to Sunday at 1PM. Hope the Tommy DeVito show will make them not do it.😁

I’m hoping the league flexes Jets-Texans solely because it’d annoy the beat guys so much.

• Haha 4

The More You Know Kitty GIF

When a QB does a thing today and you get in your butt hurt space, it is now ;

QB that did a thing >>>>>>>>Boyle

what’s the crybaby plot today ? The Jets should be the lions ? Jets west ? Mr. Irrelevant?  

looking forward to the crying in the shower drunk posts around 7:30 lol  

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

The More You Know Kitty GIF

When a QB does a thing today and you get in your butt hurt space, it is now ;

QB that did a thing >>>>>>>>Boyle

what’s the crybaby plot today ? The Jets should be the lions ? Jets west ? Mr. Irrelevant?  

looking forward to the crying in the shower drunk posts around 7:30 lol  

“Lord, I am thankful to @Larz for reminding me that Tommy DeVito lighting up the Commanders despite being sacked nine times probably played a role in getting Zach Wilson benched forever. Thanks be to @Larz

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The funnest outcome in Commies-Cowboys would be a Commies upset because it probably gets McCarthy fired and McCarthy is the one coach that could tempt Woody (at the behest of Rodgers) to fire Saleh. Side benefit: Belichick to the Cowboys and out of the AFC East would be sweet.

My recollection was those two didn't exactly have a love connection in Green Bay. 

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/aaron-rodgers-bitter-relationship-with-former-head-coach-mike-mccarthy-was-a-cancer-in-the-locker-room-report/news-story/f4b587f388354d10651d8ecb536d86c1

The relationship between Packers star Aaron Rodgers and former head coach Mike McCarthy was described by one unnamed teammate as “a large cancer in the locker room,” ultimately resulting in the latter’s firing near the end of the team’s second consecutive losing season.

Rodgers was painted by former teammates and team executives — in a deep-dive story from Bleacher Report — as having problems with McCarthy from the day he was hired in 2006, and despite several years of success together, openly undermining his coach’s play calls as his star status rose in Green Bay.

“Aaron’s always had a chip on his shoulder with Mike,” former Packers running back Ryan Grant said.

one source close to Rodgers told Bleacher Report that the two-time MVP thought McCarthy “has one of the lowest IQs, if not the lowest IQ, of any coach he’s ever had,” leading him to question gameplans and often overrule his coach’s play calls.

One person described as a source close to the team said Rodgers “f–ked McCarthy over. Aaron undermined him.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

Anyone could see the Packers quarterback and head coach were headed for divorce well before that inconceivable 20-17 loss to the lowly Cardinals in December, the one that finally got McCarthy fired. Death stares and defiance from Rodgers had been constant for years by then.

But how far back do you have to go to find the beginning of the end?

Was it Week 3 of the 2017 season, when cameras caught Rodgers barking "Stupid fucking call!" at his coach?

Or back further, to the NFC Championship Game on Jan. 18, 2015, when McCarthy coached with the ferocity of a sloth, calling for field goals from the 1-yard line twice in the first half and then running three straight times with five minutes left to infuriate his QB and effectively euthanize a Super Bowl season?

Or even earlier, to 2013, when Rodgers and McCarthy appeared close to throwing haymakers midway through a loss in Cincinnati?

...one person who was then close to Rodgers remembers he would regularly call to vent that McCarthy didn't have a clue what he was doing. He'd tell him that McCarthy frequently called the wrong play. That he used the wrong personnel. That they were running plays that worked one out of 50 times in practice. That McCarthy was a buffoon he was constantly bailing out.

"Mike has a low football IQ, and that used to always bother Aaron," this source says. "He'd say Mike has one of the lowest IQs, if not the lowest IQ, of any coach he's ever had."

The problem for McCarthy was that as the talent drained, he failed to innovate. His scheme went stale and he didn't adapt. As one personnel man puts it, McCarthy "got full off his own juice." He believed his system—not the Packers' absurd amount of talent—was the foundation for the offensive success. But raw rookies cannot bust free one-on-one like, say, Jennings or Nelson or Jones.

One source with close ties to the team estimates Rodgers changed about a third of the plays McCarthy called. "An alarming amount. That is embarrassing. And they don't work!'" Realizing early on that his days in Green Bay were numbered, McCarthy would not rip Rodgers publicly. Not even as fans lambasted him for failing to feed dangerous running back Aaron Jones—while Rodgers simultaneously audibled out of runs.

(I get the need to protect identities of those who asked to remain anonymous, but still take all this with a grain of salt, even though it was supposedly written by a Packers beat writer. Especially when the second-last sentence of the long piece is this: "New offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett is a Type A who'll push Rodgers." Lmao.). 

Anyway, I can't see any way those two would want a rekindling. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Reminder that two teams from the #EnemiesList go today and are both significant underdogs. The Packers and Seahawks getting smacked would help take the edge off of some of the terrible sh*t Columbus and his colonizing ilk pulled back in the day. 

On a serious note, Happy Thanksgiving to you people. I am grateful for this place and you fellow masochist losers. No matter what’s happening in real life, it’s nice to be able to check out for a little bit to argue and jerk around with you guys. Thanks for that. And eff you to my haters get botulism 

IMG_4629.jpeg

Commies. LOL @T0mShane

Misery loves company, so I've always felt a camraderie with Lions fans, in our mutual pain and suffering, for almost a century. I really hope they make it all the way this year. I know the Jets will never get there, so this year perhaps I can get vicarious joy from watching the Lions defeat the Refs/Chiefs in the SB. If I don't feel any vicarious joy, at least I can enjoy schadenfreude. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

IMG_4629.jpeg

What's a Commanders?

I know QB blah blah blah but the Packers offense looks like a different sport than the Jets.  They have huge OL injuries and similar, if not less weapons than the Jets.  
Love is better than Wilson, but not exactly a world beater.  Just shows how much an issue Hackett is as well.  He’s as bad as Wilson.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1