****OFFICIAL JETS V FALCONS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Because Douglas failed to bring in a QB2 worth a damn when he should have (either back in June OR at least right after Rodgers went down)?

I do think the tank is on.  They didn’t get a qb at the deadline and they brought in the worst collection of qbs i’ve ever seen.  They have that first round pick and i wonder if they already told rodgers they’re looking at qbs.  

I'm calling it now.

They go back to Zach Wilson next week, he finishes the season 2-3, Saleh declares Zach "visibly improved" and he's "excited for the kid's future", and they opt to take the 5th year option and declare him the backup for next season.

Rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I do think the tank is on.  They didn’t get a qb at the deadline and they brought in the worst collection of qbs i’ve ever seen.  They have that first round pick and i wonder if they already told rodgers they’re looking at qbs.  

Yeah, let’s tank away a season despite an elite D plus Garrett and Breece.  Great message to send.  

F**k Woody and Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Origen said:

Gotta can Hackett.  No idea how you can NOT make a change after that.  Also I would be signing some new QB's off the scrap heap cuz the 3 we have now ain't got any of it.

They’d have done it already. It’s clear as day the jets are just going to finish out this season and run it back next year with a healthy Rodgers. The coaching staff and JD will officially be playing for their jobs next year. 

• Ugh 1

1 minute ago, K_O_Brien said:

Tanking can make sense, if its for a QB.

Who are we tanking for? 

I say this as someone who wants to lose out. Not for draft position, but to have this coaching staff fired by Black Monday

Well there are qbs.  Doubt they have a shot at the top 2 qbs, but the way it’s going the jets are headed for a top 5 pick

Just now, Beerfish said:

No the tank is not on the Jets truly are this terrible.  

The laughable thing is people thinking that this team would be any good with Aaron Rodgers, it wouldn't

If he didn't get hurt before throwing a single first down, he'd of gotten injured at some other time with the merry go round offensive line. In any event, the Jets weren't going to win the superbowl this year. LOL

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Unless they get a top two pick, they’re not taking a QB. They’re tanking in the sense that—once Rodgers went down—they agreed to give Zach a shot come hell or high water. The pick will be either a tackle or Marvin Harrison Jr. But they won’t draft a project QB for the next regime to profit from

• Upvote 2

Seriously, you can’t point to just one thing.  The QBs, the O line, the OC, the backs, the receivers — all have a hand in this utter failure.  It’s kinda the reverse of that term “complementary football”.  In this case when everything’s not working, there’s no solution.  And that’s exactly what’s happening.

Just now, ausman said:

Seriously, you can’t point to just one thing.  The QBs, the O line, the OC, the backs, the receivers — all have a hand in this utter failure.  It’s kinda the reverse of that term “complementary football”.  In this case when everything’s not working, there’s no solution.  And that’s exactly what’s happening.

It's not a well constructed team.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Well there are qbs.  Doubt they have a shot at the top 2 qbs, but the way it’s going the jets are headed for a top 5 pick

I think we should draft a QB in the first. But the only way that happens is if we clean house. Joe Douglas doesn't get to keep his job in that scenario, so who is driving the tank job?