Zach “reluctant” to start again at QB

T0mShane

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

Rodgers made a point of specifically saying she has no idea about him and he's never talked to her but she suddenly has the scoop on their private phone call? 

Naw she jumped the shark..  The story was likely overblown to begin with but she just made it too silly to be believed. 

And of course she has a reason to lie..  We're all talking about her breaking "news". 

Rodgers is a proud liar.  You might be right but Rodgers has zero cred. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Greensleeves said:

Such a hatred for Zach - did you know he was throwing the full route tree in the rain before the game on Sunday? Zero truth to the fact that Zach isn't a hard worker. Too bad some Jets fans can't grasp the fact that someone can perform badly but still prepare and work hard and be well liked. Total BS he isn't liked on this team.

It wouldn't be the least bit surprising to me if the Jets' organization has been the problem all along.

• Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Jets Fans: I hate ZW's f'ng guts, I never want to see him play a down for the Jets ever again!

Jets Fans: How dare ZW not want to play QB for US, HOW DARE HE!!!!

If Zach Wilson doesn’t want play cut his pathetic sorry ass. Who cares if fans don’t want him to start because he has been ineffective, but if he doesn’t want to play he should be cut.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Plen T said:

na no way

coaches matter the most in the NFL of all sports its the only sport where scheme truly matters

Josh Allen had tons of questions coming out and Daboll and their staff developed him properly

theres countless examples of players being horrible and great under different regimes

Lawrence went from Ryan Leaf to a good QB because of Pederson you think Lawrence makes the jump with Meyer still there? lol theres no shot bruv

Zach Wilson has sucked ass under two different coaches now 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Such a hatred for Zach - did you know he was throwing the full route tree in the rain before the game on Sunday? Zero truth to the fact that Zach isn't a hard worker. Too bad some Jets fans can't grasp the fact that someone can perform badly but still prepare and work hard and be well liked. Total BS he isn't liked on this team.

Wow he threw the ball in warmups 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It wouldn't be the least bit surprising to me if the Jets' organization has been the problem all along.

No question the Jets organization is a problem.  It's also easy to see that Zach wasn't ready for this level of competition.  Both can be true.  I do think Zach will get a shot somewhere else and will find out if it was just a dysfunctional organization screwing up an immature prospect.   I like that Zach was able to take the physical punishment of the NFL and he clearly has arm talent.  Before this year it wasn't clear he was physically tough enough.  I think he proved that he is.  He's still got a long way to go.  He's getting nothing being with this team.  

• Upvote 3

So he sucks at being an NFL QB, and is making $9,899,135 in year 2023.

Also, A SNIVELING COWARD AND LOSER. 

"Mommy, I don't want to play any more. Can I go back to Provo and drink milk all day?"

F___in' Nancy boy. 

But for the NFLPA headache that would ensue, would cut him for cause and dispute paying him one penny more. Failing in that, either release him outright or demote him to the PS today. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

No question the Jets organization is a problem.  It's also easy to see that Zach wasn't ready for this level of competition.  Both can be true.  I do think Zach will get a shot somewhere else and will find out if it was just a dysfunctional organization screwing up an immature prospect.   I like that Zach was able to take the physical punishment of the NFL and he clearly has arm talent.  Before this year it wasn't clear he was physically tough enough.  I think he proved that he is.  He's still got a long way to go.  He's getting nothing being with this team.  

The jets coddled him so much he figured he would always get what he wants.  Seems like rodgers stepped in and explained to him how he shoudl behave.  Time to move on 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I don't think people are celebrating it.  I think there's a certain percentage of posters here however who wants this regime gone due to years of failure and ineptitude.  If this is the catalyst that makes that happen then so be it.  

There are “some” that are celebrating the drama, but those certain folks are among the overall most miserable posters here.  That said, I think your overall assessment is correct and I agree with you.  The sharks have been circling since the losing streak of last year looking for firings.

I do not want this regime fired, so maybe I’m a bit hypersensitive to those opinions.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The ONLY thing Zach Wilson is dreaming about now, not even dreaming about MILF’s anymore, is his 1 Way Ticket back to Utah.  He has Totally had enough with anything to do with the Jets.

Being benched for Tim Boyle and last year a Canadian who can’t even throw a spiral will Destroy Any Ego.

In fact he should write a note saying “I resign as QB of NYJ” and hand it to Woody and not say a word.

not for nothing but he derserved to be benched. he sucks. the coaches are spineless pussies if they are trying to go back to him now. make your decision and stick with it

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

"Mommy, I don't want to play any more. Can I go back to Provo and drink milk all day?"

F___in' Nancy boy. 

But for the NFLPA headache that would ensue, would cut him for cause and dispute paying him one penny more. Failing in that, either release him outright or demote him to the PS today. 

Kid is a pussy who gets coddled by mommy and daddy and has a relationship with Woody which clears him of any real responsibility. Just a cluster of epic proportions.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

F___in' Nancy boy. 

That's the Jets cap hit not what he's making in 2023.  He's making 950K this year.  He's guaranteed bonus was paid when he signed.  The bonus is pro-rated to the Jets cap.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Plen T said:

yes

those guys were already established legends with those idiots at OC they ran the offense themselves how many times did you hear 'Omaha'?

theres a reason Peyton refused to come to this virus

Bortles breakout season to out of the league under Hackett

young QBs need coaching look at Trevor Lawrence

I don't know if I understand what you are saying.  Bortles came into the league with Jedd Fisch as OC.  He sucked.  The next year Marrone came on board and brought Hackett as QB coach.  Greg Olsen was OC. Bortles threw 35 TDs.  The following year they fired Bradley and Olsen and Marrone became HC with 2 games left and Hackett OC.  The Jags were 2-12.  They averaged under 20 for the season, but over the last two they went 1-1, scored 58 and threw for 621.  The next year was Bortles breakout.  Then they had a sh*t year and Marrone fired Hackett who went to GB and had a fair year then two great ones.  They basically moved on from Bortles with Hackett.  Not sure what that is supposed to prove.  Maybe @JagsFanJif can give a more detailed run down.

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

FWIW, Saleh is denying this report. 

I don’t believe him 

If it is true then Zach should show up to practice with a black eye.

Just now, Rob Moore said:

There are “some” that are celebrating the drama, but those certain folks are among the overall most miserable posters here.  That said, I think your overall assessment is correct and I agree with you.  The sharks have been circling since the losing streak of last year looking for firings.

I do not want this regime fired, so maybe I’m a bit hypersensitive to those opinions.  

I want them fired.  The results are just not good.  Joe Douglas has had plenty of time.  Idzik had two years, Mac had four years and Joe Douglas is now going into his 5th year?  No playoffs, no winning seasons.  Offenses during his tenure have not only been bad but historically terrible.  There has to be accountability.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

On the contrary, he has alot to lose.  

While his potential refusal to start may play well here on JN, especially with certain kinds of fans here, it will not play well elsewhere in the league amongst the front offices and GM's that might be considering giving him another (last) chance at redemption as a backup somewhere in 2024.

If he truly is offered the chance to start and just refuses, his time in the NFL is (and should be) over if that is true.  Not just his time in NY.

I'm not sure. This feels more like a strategic move by Team Zach to shoot his way out of town

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

The jets coddled him so much he figured he would always get what he wants.  Seems like rodgers stepped in and explained to him how he shoudl behave.  Time to move on 

Rodgers was fired from one of the best organizations in the NFL.  They couldn't wait to dump his ass on the street.  They couldn't believe their good fortune that Rodgers found an organization so desperate they would let him run the team and pay them for taking him.

Rodgers is the poster boy for entitled NFL talent with no personal accountability.   Zach doesn't have Rodgers game.  Zach can't get away with being the ass hat Rodgers is.  Zach would be well advised to get as far away from Rodgers as possible. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Lol sure 

Listened to this live. Saleh went on his spiel about how Zach wants the ball and is ready to play, but Saleh “isn’t there yet.” Cimini asks him why Saleh would be meeting one on one with Zach to discuss this at all if he wasn’t ready to elevate him. Saleh says “uh, Zach came to me.” Then Saleh goes on to compare the situation to a college player sitting out a bowl game(?). 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Biggs said:

Rodgers was fired from one of the best organizations in the NFL.  They couldn't wait to dump his ass on the street.  They couldn't believe their good fortune that Rodgers found an organization so desperate they would let him run the team and pay them for taking him.

Rodgers is the poster boy for entitled NFL talent with no personal accountability.   Zach doesn't have Rodgers game.  Zach can't get away with being the ass hat Rodgers is.  Zach would be well advised to get as far away from Rodgers as possible. 

Rodgers is one of hte best qbs ever and wanted more support from the front office and instead of drafting OL or wrs they drafted another qb.  He wanted a level of commitment from GB and his guys left.  When you’re that great you feel you deserve it.  He’s one of the best qbs ever.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Coddled is one way to look at it.  I saw it as threw him to the wolves without a gun or a knife. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Listened to this live. Saleh went on his spiel about how Zach wants the ball and is ready to play, but Saleh “isn’t there yet.” Cimini asks him why Saleh would be meeting one on one with Zach to discuss this at all if he wasn’t ready to elevate him. Saleh says “uh, Zach came to me.” Then Saleh goes on to compare the situation to a college player sitting out a bowl game(?). 

We all know the deal, and saleh is continually put in a bad position but he’s the coach.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm not sure. This feels more like a strategic move by Team Zach to shoot his way out of town

Where is Zach gonna go? The Jets are the best place for Zach to be. No responsibility, can choose not to play. Family friends with the owner. Saleh will be gone before Wilson is

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

We’re gonna see a mutual splitting at the end of the season it looks like with Wilson back.

• Upvote 1