Zach “reluctant” to start again at QB

T0mShane

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

WTF?!  This team just gets more and more ridiculous.  Isn't he employed by the team?  But he gets a choice?!

If I had to take a guess, he feels like the franchise moved away from him and he mentally checked out.  Now they're running back to him to start again but he feels like "why should I bother on a franchise that clearly doesn't have me in their future plans?"  Maybe he thinks he might end up getting injured behind this crappy OL and he'd rather not risk it.  Honestly, I hope he tells them no.  We're far more likely to successfully tank with Boyle or Siemian.

This

If he truly said no he should be cut for breach of contract.

22 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

If the Mannings can refuse to play for organizations based on their perceptions from afar why is it wrong for a guy to not want to play for a train wreck like the Jets where he has long, first hand experience.  He has been publicly humiliated, the coach is texting with a journalist and laughing when it was suggested that ZW was the best option.  Now this is getting leaked, obviously from the same person.  It's time they all go at this point - the product they are putting on the field combined with the clown show is 100% grounds for termination.  Beg Jim Harbaugh to come coach this team.  Anything besides bringing these same jokers back for another year.  They all suck. 

Because both of them did it while NOT under contract.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

With some sort of sacrifice needed at year end i do think these coaches are gone.  I think douglas survives, saleh and his staff does not.  

I vote the other way around for one year, then the coaches go.

Not being fired here is the greater punishment. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

Too calculated. My guess is the Jets told Zach we think its best to sit you and try to work through some things - which is what they did last year and the year before that - and now they're crawling back asking him to play again and he probably called them out on scapegoating him. Doesn't sound like he's checked out and my guess is if they tell him to play he's going to play. But we'll see soon enough. 

It's starting to sound like this is the case. If they offer him the starting job he's going to take it, but my guess is he got a little snappy when they spoke about the concept of going back to him yesterday/this morning. Still fascinating; only the Jets

• Upvote 2

This was the year......This was the year we were supposed to be better than the Giants. This was the year I was going to finally stick it to my brother in law. This was the year that we werent going to be the circus in NY. The Giants tried really really hard to be the sh*tshow but it wasnt enough.

Can't wait to hear all the guys who never wanted this dude to never take another snap to berate him for not wanting to take another snap as if it is some grand betrayal.

Snicker!

Captain Smith not slowing down in iceberg infested waters.

The Hindenburg ignoring bad weather.

The New York Jets handling of their QB room.

Chernobyl

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Have you watched him play? It’s not the team it’s him he’s not an NFL QB …. decisions bad passes fumbles INT’s ….. 

Have you seen our supporting cast (which includes our OC)?  ZW has plenty of talent.  Unfortunately he plays for an organization that is a complete clusterfvck.

WoodywithSaucechain.jpg.a32dc25aec654e44215fbbfc1ad1a475.jpg

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

If he says he’s not going to play then he should retire then no? You can’t say you’re not going to play and be on the team. Where is Douglas?

He can absolutely refuse to play.  They can cut him.  He also can retire.  Zach seems to have made a career decision.  Playing for the Jets is a career killer and he's not going to play for them.  The Jets can cut him or make him sit and pay him.  

Saleh has stood at the podium week after week and told everyone that Zach is the best available QB on the team.  They brought in the worst OC in the league to be Rodgers caddy and they failed to protect him.   Kid is growing up before our eyes.  He built up his body to take the punishment of the NFL and now he's matured enough to recognize that the NY Jets management is toxic to his future.  

Zach is telling Woody, Douglas and Saleh what almost every fan on this board wants to tell them.   Zach is now what Saleh would call a Commander.  

The fact that this was leaked says everything you need to know about the Jets coaching staff.

• Post of the Week 1

All jokes aside, I find this "report" very hard to believe.

It's appears there is a lot of dysfunction, finger pointing, and back stabbing going on within the organization right now. It really does seem like the main characters are all in survival mode.

With that said, it seems foolish for Zach to turn down any type of opportunity where he can potentially redeem himself. His NFL career is on the line. What better way to promote himself than save the collapsing Jets? He's running out of opportunities in this league. Beggars can't be choosers.

17 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Isn't it way more likely that it came from his agent if it happened at all and probably was more like "Zach will play, but he is reluctant to unless you commit to him and make these changes"?

Jets fans just want to hate on Zach but maybe if the other 2 QBs look even worse maybe it is not the QBs but the system and coaching. Especially when you consider just last year the same coach made NotTooDangeruss look completely incompetent?

Great point. Russini isn't a beat reporter. Jeff Howe is based in Boston and is national.

Just now, DoubleDown said:

It's appears there is a lot of dysfunction, finger pointing, and back stabbing going on within the organization right now. It really does seem like the main characters are all in survival mode.

With that said, it seems foolish for Zach to turn down any type of opportunity where he can potentially redeem himself. His NFL career is on the line. What better way to promote himself than save the collapsing Jets? He's running out of opportunities in this league. Beggars can't be choosers.

Zach knows he's on the outs with this organization.  He still has plenty of talent though and there will be other organizations that will take a chance on him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barton said:

You can’t let the inmates run the asylum. If this report is true, tell Zach you are outa here. 

Exactly what he wants.  The Jets have paid him 34 out of 35 million and he becomes a free agent and doesn't have to deal with Saleh, JD or Woody ever again.  

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Douglas is the best drafter we’ve had in many years.  It would look better if some of the other guys played.  But if you whiff at qb it’s usually your job. 

Certainly whiffing at 2 overall.  If you are not comfortable you trade down

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It would be amazing if part of this was Zach getting word of Saleh saying "regarding point number 3, Joe B, are you serious?" regarding Zach being named the starter again.  Saleh deserves have his idiotic convos with a local radio guy come back to bite him in the arse.  What an absolute joke this franchise is.

LMFAO

couldn't be more on point with this one! a real circus!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

This was exactly what was going on in Green Bay the last few years when Rodgers was there.  He's an amazing QB.  He's also a cancer. 

• Upvote 1