Jayden Daniels declares for draft

Rhg1084

I wish we would draft him. My gut says he will be the best QB coming out this year. In fairness I had Fields as the best 3 years ago but hey. 

And yes I know with the structure we have it makes no sense to draft a QB that high and we should take a tackle.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets and Redskins said:

Sign Baker Mayfield as the backup telling him he will be the starter when Rodgers retires. I don't trust these people picking a qb.

Well they evidently can’t be trusted picking OLinemen either… we gonna let JD use another top pick on an OL?

1 minute ago, Plen T said:

they cant put a young QB behind this line

and they cant put a 41 year old behind this line

the pick is OLine regardless

JD has burned too many top picks on OL. Gonna let him keep running thru top picks for OL? Just give me the QB at this point build for future.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

41 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

why don’t we just take him ?

Why you ask....allow me to give my opinion:

first, Douglas will make absolutely sure that the oline is bad...scratch that...he will make sure that the oline is deplorable.....scratch that again....he will make sure that the oline is fat drunken amateur-neighborhood level of bad

second Douglas will in order to save face give up resources to trade for an aging despondent WR who in reality does not want to play here 

third...because of the reason mentioned above, the team once again will be scarce of true weapons for the offense, leaving anyone really devoid of success

fourth...when Douglas finds himself again in the midst of disaster  will throw the not ready rookie QB to the wolves

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

JD has burned too many top picks on OL. Gonna let him keep running thru top picks for OL? Just give me the QB at this point build for future.

so youre sitting him 2 years? I don't mind it but then they'd have to spend crazy on OLine in free agency and I dont know if they have the money to do that

14 minutes ago, Jets and Redskins said:

Sign Baker Mayfield as the backup telling him he will be the starter when Rodgers retires. I don't trust these people picking a qb. He would be good enough with are defense. We need oline players draft and sign.

Nobody on this board is a bigger Mayfield fan than I am. We missed the boat when we could’ve signed him last year like I said.

He isn’t coming here in ‘24 to sit behind Rodgers. This was his “prove you’re the starter we saw in Cleveland” year,  and he’s proving he still is.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

What makes you think that JD can select a non-bust QB? What faith do you have that this coaching staff can actually develop any QB? How will you prevent any QB behind this OL from becoming David Carr'd?

Gotta be OL.

What makes you think JD can select a non bust OL? What faith do you have that this coaching staff can actually develop an OL? Might as well draft a kid who has a chance to be a star. 

Gotta be Daniels 

• Upvote 3

If we are truly going all in with Rodgers for 1 or 2 years....I'm not so sure Rodgers wants rookies blocking on the OL. It the last 5-10 years it has taken OL longer to develop in the pros and are not the plug and play players that they used to be.

If there is a scenario where we upgrade the OL and add a WR in free agency / trades pre-draft, I could see the Jets taking a QB in the 1st. But we would have to really have a perfect free agency to do that and not having Rodgers retire on the spot.

• Post of the Week 1