Will Bryce Huff get extended?

Bronx

18 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Douglas may not be graced with the opportunity to make such decision. But who every has the title may have to franchise him. Brad below saws $13M. I think it's more so $15-16M.

I can't wait until we use our 1st round pick this year to draft the replacement of the guy that replaces Huff because we all know that offense doesn't matter. 

• Haha 1

Huff will 100% be the trade piece to bring in any offensive player or acquire draft picks. JJ and McDonald are both 1st round picks, JJ has proven himself, McDonald will get on the same off-season program this year that JJ did to bulk up and the 2 of them will reek havoc in years to come. You don't need 3 top tier DE's. 

Edited by Jigsaw89
EDIT - OOPS he will be a free agent.  Regardless he will not be a Jet next year which is why we drafted McDonald.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Douglas may not be graced with the opportunity to make such decision. But who every has the title may have to franchise him. Brad below saws $13M. I think it's more so $15-16M.

Is this Grossman even reliable?

14 minutes ago, Jigsaw89 said:

Huff will 100% be the trade piece to bring in any offensive player or acquire draft picks. JJ and McDonald are both 1st round picks, JJ has proven himself, McDonald will get on the same off-season program this year that JJ did to bulk up and the 2 of them will reek havoc in years to come. You don't need 3 top tier DE's. 

You are not wrong, but he will go to a team like 49ers or Steelers and likely get as many sacks as those two combined going forward. We will  be here  talking about how it's pressure that matters not sacks. Just the way it is. 

• Upvote 3

every resource ( free agency and the draft) will be devoted to offensive next year - at the least huff will be tendered at 2rd draft pick and we will let him go - maybe a compensatory pick for letting lawson leave - maybe becton too - will help restock our draft picks - regardless everything will revolve around rebuilding the ol and wr rooms - as it should be

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

every resource ( free agency and the draft) will be devoted to offensive next year - at the least huff will be tendered at 2rd draft pick and we will let him go - maybe a compensatory pick for letting lawson leave - maybe becton too - will help restock our draft picks - regardless everything will revolve around rebuilding the ol and wr rooms - as it should be

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

and a new OC...

39 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Wonder what type of comp pick he would bring back?  Wish they could give him a tender like an RFA can get. If they could somehow get a 2nd rounder back for him to recoup the pick sent to Green Bay, I’d do that in a heartbeat.  I don’t think that is possible though.

That's the word. 

57 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I don't think Huff is going to be nearly as expensive as people think he might be. He'll be back next year

He'll be more expensive than the best OT on the market and the Jets can't afford to not get the best OT on the market. 

OL and WR NEED to be the priority - Defense will have to fend for itself with what it'll have left.  Saleh shouldn't need all-pro's at every position to field a good defense.

Our 41 year OLD QB is going to need all the help he can get.

Some relevant franchise tag & trades from a 2021 article.  There might have been others afterwards ..

2020:  Jags traded Yannick Ngakoue to Vikings for a 2021 2nd & 2022 5th

2019:  Texans trade Clowney to Seattle for Jacob Martin, Barkevious Mingo and a 2020 3rd rounder

2019:  Seahawks traded Frank Clark and  2019 3rd to the Chiefs for a 2019 1st + 2019 3rd + 2020 2nd

2019:  Chiefs trade Dee Ford to SF for a 2020 2nd

• Upvote 2

This is reason 94 to fire JD.  He completely misplayed this.  

Huff should have been extended last off season based on what people were seeing in games and practice, and the draft picks should have been used for offense. 

We can't afford Huff now.  Lawson walks.  JFM stays.  McDonald goes on the juice and plays next year with JJII.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Some relevant franchise and tag trades from a 2021 article.  There might have been others afterwards ..

2020:  Jags traded Yannick Ngakoue to Vikings for a 2021 2nd & 2022 5th

2019:  Texans trade Clowney to Seattle for Jacob Martin, Barkevious Mingo and a 2020 3rd rounder

2019:  Seahawks traded Frank Clark and  2019 3rd to the Chiefs for a 2019 1st + 2019 3rd + 2020 2nd

2019:  Chiefs trade Dee Ford to SF for a 2020 2nd

Huff cannot be traded unless he is tagged and traded.  Maybe that is a possibility with Becton apparently out.  

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

Huff cannot be traded unless he is tagged and traded.  Maybe that is a possibility with Becton apparently out.  

Yep, that’s what I’m saying.

Becton has allowed the most sacks of any OT in the league this year, is a penalty machine and has regressed in run blocking.

OT round one (unless we have a shot at Harrison)

OT free agency upgrade

• Upvote 1

He’ll get the franchise tag and then will be shopped. He’s got value, said this earlier in the year, it wouldn’t surprise me if he was involved in devante Adams trade discussions. Too many holes to put more money into the d line, If the jets are smart they up his snap count and let him pad his stats. Get that value as high as possible.

• Upvote 1