Jets Bravado Heading Into 2024-25 Season

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sounds like this board’s bravado when all of you will be talking super bowl come August.

Been on this forum for years and still can't stand posters like you.

What in the world are you trying to prove with this useless comment? Are you trying to state how great of a poster you are by insulting others?

I consider posters like you thread killers. Cause once you get started all you do is insult people and veer of what could be an interesting topic.

The Jets certainly talk a lot for a team that delivers nothing. 

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Talk and “bravado” is all this team does.  Perfect example was last night in the second half, down 17 and the Browns offense have been doing everything they wanted against the Jets D.   DJ Reed makes a pass break up and gets up celebrating like he just won the Super Bowl, the very next play he gets flagged for holding and allows the Browns drive to continue.  That is who the Jets are.  

I'm sure you've been watching, but unfortunately this is NFL football today .

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It begins anew!  "A tradition unlike any other"

https://nypost.com/2023/12/29/sports/breece-hall-vows-better-days-ahead-for-jets-in-near-future/

“I’ll just tell everybody to get their laughs out now because it’s not going to be like that in the near future,” Jets running back Breece Hall said. “We’re going to be a lot better. I’m excited to see what we do.”

Let’s go! Cant laugh at us if we are not losing. Magic of the offseason.

The offseason is here. My favorite time of the year.

Happy Ny Jets GIF by New York Jets

44 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think a 1st round playoff exit would almost be cause for celebration at this point - lol.  Actually I wouldn't want that because JD/Saleh would likely get long-term extensions.

A 1st round playoff exit would be super positive and an amazing building block for our championship culture.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Been on this forum for years and still can't stand posters like you.

What in the world are you trying to prove with this useless comment? Are you trying to state how great of a poster you are by insulting others?

I consider posters like you thread killers. Cause once you get started all you do is insult people and veer of what could be an interesting topic.

The Jets certainly talk a lot for a team that delivers nothing. 

Yes, miserable fans insulting players, coaches, owner and gm in every single thread is much better.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

15 hours ago, PepPep said:

That's a terrible example. Players should be able to play. Players should be able to have short term memories so they can forget their earlier mistakes and move on to the next play. Nobody is perfect. He is one of our best defenders. I get it. The defense did not look good in the first half- at all. He stepped up and made a nice play, he can celebrate for a few seconds. This has nothing to do with the culture of the team. ALL players on ALL teams do this kind of stuff- whether they are up by a bunch of points or down by a bunch of points. Welcome to 2023. 

And that holding call was BS imo. It was minor, then the WR clearly pushed off. Should have been offensive PI. But whatever. 

The funny thing is. As poorly as the defense played in this game, they gave the offense enough opportunities to come back and win this game. Enough turnovers at key moments. Our offense simply could not score. Could not protect the QB enough to let him get the ball down the field. Our QB is simply not good enough to make plays. I'm not blaming the loss on the offense, I'm just saying a better offense very well could have bailed out the defense this time. Even the announcers kept saying - 'well this offense has had plenty of opportunities, just too many miscues'. Special teams fumble, INT, missed FG, inability to get in the end zone when in the opponents territory, punt, punt punt.  

Scenario: Put Flacco as the starting QB for the Jets and Semien as the starter for the Browns and you will have mirror opposites of how that game played out.  As you stated, we had numerous opportunities to make a game out of it but time and time again the QB played poorly.  Not a lot you can do when you fail again and again to keep drives afloat.  

If JD can find two good OT's and one good OG in FA and the draft, Breece is based in reality.
If JD goes into the 2024 season without those new lineman AND a bona fied number two QB, the season is over before it starts.

It far deeper than that . There is no swing tackle, only 1 wr .. etc etc

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Talk and “bravado” is all this team does.  Perfect example was last night in the second half, down 17 and the Browns offense have been doing everything they wanted against the Jets D.   DJ Reed makes a pass break up and gets up celebrating like he just won the Super Bowl, the very next play he gets flagged for holding and allows the Browns drive to continue.  That is who the Jets are.  

Reminds me when the D used to dance back in 2017-2018… they sucked but would dance.  @Joe W. Namath is starting his BS a bit early but any Jet fan with brains can see this problem is systemic , from the top and is not on the players as much as management.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Scenario: Put Flacco as the starting QB for the Jets and Semien as the starter for the Browns and you will have mirror opposites of how that game played out.  As you stated, we had numerous opportunities to make a game out of it but time and time again the QB played poorly.  Not a lot you can do when you fail again and again to keep drives afloat.  

We had Flacco and let him go so please stop.  Mgmt of the Jets has no plan.   Why dont we just say if we drafted Brady wed be great????  

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Look how saleh and douglas celebrated after barely not choking vs Washington.  That’s the mentality of this team.  And they’re all in denial about how much rodgers is going to lift the team.  He’ll help, but the line is still a mess and they need another wr.  Curious to see how douglas balances the various needs as well as backup qb. 

Spoiler Alert: He won't.

20 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

In year 6 of Joe Douglas, I expect at least 1 home playoff game and a deep playoff run. Goal: be in the final four during the conference championship round of the playoffs. Positive vibes! 

Yes Saleh… all talk. NOTHING about this teams management leads a sane person to believe they will be good for many years.  

• Upvote 1