Cook to Ravens

Let's see if he is on the active roster or PS before we start losing our minds over this one.

Nevertheless, he was a bad signing for the Jets. Paid him $7M to rehab and work his way back into playing shape for the Ravens.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Jet fans: He’s washed. Terrible signing. 

Jet fans after seeing him in playoffs: Jets suck. They couldn’t find a way to use him!

Much rather give the ball to Gus.  Their RB unit has been so damaged by injuries that there's hardly any depth, so I get the signing.  Don't hold your breath waiting to see much of him unless there's another big RB injury.  But hey, you just get yet another opportunity to rip Jets fans.  And it's more than clear how much you love that.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Let's see if he is on the active roster or PS before we start losing our minds over this one.

Nevertheless, he was a bad signing for the Jets. Paid him $7M to rehab and work his way back into playing shape for the Ravens.

And the inevitable Super Bowl ring 

Here’s a very simple rule everyone here should follow when reading opinions about a player like Dalvin Cook on a site like this.
The people who post on message boards about football (and just about everything else) have no idea what they’re talking about, yet they consider themselves qualified to do so because they go to, or have a tv and watch games on Sunday.

They’re either old, and have too much free time on their hands (raises hand), young and stupid, or bored middle aged underachievers looking to find a sense of self worth amongst strangers on the internet.

If you think I’m being too harsh here, just go back and read any IGT you want to choose from during this or any past season. Do that, and then try to argue my point about all of us being old, bored or stupid… I dare you.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Pac said:

I guess the Ravens don't agree with some of the experts on JN claiming he's washed... 

Nah, he was chillin', collected a few mill and did NOT give a **** the moment 8 went down. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Here’s a very simple rule everyone here should follow when reading opinions about a player like Dalvin Cook on a site like this.
The people who post on message boards about football (and just about everything else) have no idea what they’re talking about, yet they consider themselves qualified to do so because they go to, or have a tv and watch games on Sunday.

They’re either old, and have too much free time on their hands (raises hand), young and stupid, or bored middle aged underachievers looking to find a sense of self worth amongst strangers on the internet.

If you think I’m being too harsh here, just go back and read any IGT you want to choose from during this or any past season. Do that, and then try to argue my point about all of us being old, bored or stupid… I dare you.

So, Dunning-Kruger affect combined with dissociation?? 

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pac said:

I guess the Ravens don't agree with some of the experts on JN claiming he's washed... 

Well if he doesn't get hit as the ball is given to him me thinks he will do just fine , looked like he was good for 5 or 6 yards here if he got a block

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Yes and proud of it! Haha the life of a jet nation poster...

Also there are no jets fans where I am, so getting news and talking jets is fun. There is the fun aspect. But overall none of us know shot about the game other than watching it and reading way too much about it

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yes and proud of it! Haha the life of a jet nation poster...

Also there are no jets fans where I am, so getting news and talking jets is fun. There is the fun aspect. But overall none of us know shot about the game other than watching it and reading way too much about it

Yup. I live close enough to Canaveral that the house shakes during launches. I read and watch a Lot of stuff about new launch and space tech, vehicles, and even get to go inside several Aerospace Facilities for work (Lockheed,  L3, Aerojet Rocketdyne etc) and can quote the entirety of The Right Stuff from start to finish,  but sadly I am not exactly Werner von Braun. 

Just a fan.

Them again, I probably know more than some of the Janitors, IT guys, and HR people... and right now, the Jets are equivalent to NASA and the Space Program if they got rid of all of the qualified engineers and put Jim from accounting in charge of the Artemis Program. 

So, I got that going for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Joejet said:

The Ravens must not be a good organization because I have read here that good organizations don’t sign washed players like Cook.

They aren't paying him $9 million. Minor difference. To take away touches from Breece Hall. 🙄

• Upvote 2

This is a smart signing by the Ravens.

Cook gets a small contract late in the season, goes to the practice squad, and learns the Ravens system over the next few weeks during their playoff run.  If the team has any significant injuries at the RB position over the next few weeks, he can step in and be serviceable while handling a relatively large load.

This is not comparable to the Jets signing him in August to a relatively large, guaranteed contract.  With Hall, Carter, Knight, and Abanikanda all on the roster, there was simply no need to do it.  He wasn't bringing anything special to the table.