5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Call it whatever you want, doesn't change the fact that it is accurate.

NFL to fans…

“You want Thursday Night Football? Add the NFL Network to your cable package. uh wait… better yet, cut the cord and make that Amazon Prime instead.”

“Black Friday game sounds great, doesn’t it? Apple says hello!”

Playoff game on Saturday night? Sounds great…. “Cool. Sign up for Peacock!”

It sucks, but it’s 2024, you’re paying more than you should for everything. Cough up your $6.00 and stop whining.

• More Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

5 bucks to watch this game then what next year you have to remember passwords to 10 different streaming companies to watch the jets regular seasons game and you gotta pay 5 bucks for this one 10 bucks for that one before you know it the average fan can't afford it or can't remember their passwords to even watch the games. 

Yawn. Life is hard. Toughen up.

I remember back when NFL home games weren’t televised. You kids have it too easy. 😜

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Hex said:

Well, hopefully KC-MIA gets the worst television viewing stats in the last 20 years so this doesn't happen again.I don't know if I would watch this if even the Jets were playing. Absolutely terrible.

I imagine the numbers will be pretty bad.

Saturday night has to be the lowest rated day/time already, given people go out Saturday nights.

And I'm sure many don't want to entice the NFL into having exclusive games on multiple different services on a regular basis.  It'd be really annoying.

If you're a KC or fish fan...  fine I understand paying and watching.

Anyone else should enjoy a Saturday night out instead.

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Sure. Capitalism means you need to provide value to build value. Peacock does not provide any value whatsoever. It's just NBC on a different platform, and is completely unnecessary, other than for them to promote their platform. I won't be a part of that. It screws over people who don't have the access to even stream (yes, those people exist outside of your privileged world). Me, I'm privileged enough that I have better things to do with my time than to spend additional money for a wild card game littered with promos for a pop star in the luxury box. We all already pay a fraction of our TV bills to NBC. Where's the discount they're offering in exchange for the football game they are no longer offering on that platform? They can go pound sand.

The NFL provides the value. Peacock pays the NFL. You can choose to pay for the game or not. Or cry about it. Have at it.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

Mark my words   ; In the not too distant future the Super Bowl will have a handsome fee attached to it                                ;;

It should have become a PPV event years ago.
Sports fans who watch from home need to start paying their fair share of the load. 😇

• Haha 1

The market will dictate where this goes in the future, interesting test case with loading this game with KC, the analytics download of new subscribers and total eyeballs are going to be analyzed big time.  

I think this product is so watered down and pretty lousy these days with all these flags and injuries that they are near the max with folks just not caring much anymore.  

• Upvote 3