Jets May Still Get Either Alt Or Fashanu

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Mocks before the senior bowl combine  workouts free agency pro days are useless.

naw... I dont expect it to change much unless a key guy gets injured playing at the sr. blow.  Combine and pro day are meet and greet events.  The tape and body of work from the regular season games are what GMs go by unless there are major red flags that the see at the pump and jump. 

41 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Can any of you tech savvy guys create a video of Alt or Olu taking bong hits like the video that came out of Tunsil on his draft day?

Got to make sure it goes viral around pick 5. The Titans wont have enough time to do their due diligence.

• Upvote 1

2024 NFL mock draft: Jordan Reid's Round 1 pick predictions

10. New York Jets

Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, Penn State

The Jets appear set to run it back with Aaron Rodgers, and with a 40-year-old QB coming off a torn Achilles, they will need to improve his protection. Mekhi Becton was attributed 17 sacks against this season, so there's a clear need for an upgrade at tackle. Fashanu has an impressive combination of foot quickness, balance and fluidity as a pass-protector, and he has the potential to eventually be one of the best offensive tackles in the NFL.

Team needs: OT, WR, QB

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39272459/2024-nfl-mock-draft-round-1-predictions-32-picks

He has 3 QBs then 3 WRs followed by OT and 2 edge rushers.

He mentions the Falcons might want a QB at 8.

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Hmm. Crossing my fingers. There’s a chance.

I think the key teams will be:

- Titans: They need a OT

- Saints: They need OT. Could jump uS

The Titans drafted Skoronski at 11 last year iIdon't think they will double down on tackle having a glaring need for WR but who knows.

• Upvote 3

I do not think the edge rushers in this draft are terribly special and I'll be very surprised if two get taken in the top 10, maybe not even 1.

There are a fair crop of FA edge guys as well including our own guy Huff.

3 QBs

3 WRs

2 OTs

Bowers or and Edge

We are left with the 2nd tier OT's.

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

The Titans drafted Skoronski at 11 last year iIdon't think they will double down on tackle having a glaring need for WR but who knows.

They do need a WR. Burks hasn't really worked out.

We need a WR also. WR might turn out to be the hot position before we pick. If we address WR in FA, this could be to our benefit.

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'd be surprised. LT is not a position that slides if anything it's a position where there's a run and guys go higher than expected.

Brady's been out of the league for almost a year now..... maybe it's time for a new avitar. He never played for the Jets and I hate him with a passion. 

Please Please Cat GIF by Guldhart

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I do not think the edge rushers in this draft are terribly special and I'll be very surprised if two get taken in the top 10, maybe not even 1.

3 QBs

3 WRs

2 OTs

Bowers or and Edge

Not 2nd tier OTs, just the best RTs.  

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

3 QBs

3 WRs

2 OTs

Bowers or and Edge

You’re probably right.

The Jets have no other option but to take the best offensive lineman on the board of  LT, RT or G… doesn’t matter.  They need help everywhere but C.   Douglas cannot rely on AVT to return to form following another major injury.  

The WR and TE positions do not exist in the 1st round for them…

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

You’re probably right.

The Jets have no other option but to take the best offensive lineman on the board of  LT, RT or G… doesn’t matter.  They need help everywhere but C.   Douglas cannot rely on AVT to return to form following another major injury.  

Whattayatawkin'bout we have Becton,AND just in case he gets that lucrative big FA contract somewhere else, we still can always count on Duane Brown, who should be back and ready to go at LT just like he was last season

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Whattayatawkin'bout we have Becton,AND just in case he gets that lucrative big FA contract somewhere else, we still can always count on Duane Brown, who should be back and ready to go at LT just like he was last season

That's Dogass's plan, because he knows he's ****ed. 

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

You’re probably right.

But they can draft a C and move Tippmann to G.  That flexibility is pretty nice.  But I agree we're taking OL (OT in particular) in the 1st round, almost no matter what.

If we can get a quality OT and then add a quality C or G prospect in the 3rd round, that would greatly help our OL.  AVT and Tippmann plus the 2 draft picks would give us 4/5 of an OL, should the draft picks pan out.  

7 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Not sure how true this is, but the commentators in the Titans v Jaguars game said that the Titans played Skoronski at guard this season. If that holds, then perhaps they may look to draft a tackle.

• Upvote 2

FWIW, my brother in law is a huge Titans fan. He's absolutely convinced that the biggest team need, by far, is OT and that's where they are going with their pick.

If both of the supposed "elite" OT are off the board when the Jets pick, I hope they trade back a few slots and try to get another pick.

Our hopes for one of those guys falling are one or more teams trading up to take QBs. 

23 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Been looking at all the latest mock drafts...  Jets may very well still have a chance at either Alt or Fashanu

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024.php

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

These make sense.  It may very well go down like this. I hope it does.  

Alt will be long gone by #10.  Mark it down now, and put it in the books!!

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Alka said:

Alt will be long gone by #10.  Mark it down now, and put it in the books!!

Probably. Yes... I rate him as the MVP of the 2024 draft not counting QB's of which most will bust.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'd be surprised. LT is not a position that slides if anything it's a position where there's a run and guys go higher than expected.

Not to mention that Kris Jenkins DT from Michingan could be available, The Jets will definitively move up to get him.

23 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think both are good enough to warrant sitting between 12-15 to trade up, and we have no second rounder this year to get head and do the same.

23 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Wait a minute who's getting head?

23 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

i have so many questions.

huh GIF

On 1/10/2024 at 12:55 PM, slimjasi said:

I think the first 4 picks will very likely be 3 QBs and MHJ. I also think Atlanta taking Turner makes a ton of sense. Let's assume that all happens.

That leaves 4 more picks before us - If 3 of those 4 picks are Bowers, Odunze, and Nabers, we are good. Not impossible - but probably not most likely. 

IMO, the chances are that we will be staring at Bowers and one of Odunze or Nabers. 

Of course, this is all super early - players will shoot up the board and others will drop. 

If the two top tackles are gone, any of the 3 would be great.  They say Bowers is a very special TE.  Conklin is good, but a stud TE can change your offense overnight.  

On 1/10/2024 at 3:31 PM, Beerfish said:

3 QBs

3 WRs

2 OTs

Bowers or and Edge

Enjoy this win all offseason!

• Upvote 1

Every year, teams address their biggest needs before the draft.  Early offensive line picks are not a sure thing.  Ask the Jets and Giants.  Even those that work out, often struggle at first.  They need reliable protection for Rodgers from day 1.

If Douglas doesn't fill at least two of these needs before the draft, we are not going to be a real contender next year.  We would be lucky to nail two starters in the upcoming draft.  We don't have a number 2, and in that same position last year wound up with Tippman and an invisible bunch of redshirt picks.

On 1/10/2024 at 5:48 PM, RoadFan said:

You’re probably right.

Few to no OT's in FA but plenty of good OG's.  JD can get the inside lineman they need in FA and get the OT in the draft.  I'm hoping that it can still be Alt or Fashanu.  If not, Fuaga will be a great RT pick up.  Fuaga is not a second tier guy.  He is simply not a LT.  Fuaga will be a Pro Bowl quality RT for many years.  I'd be happy with that pick if Alt gets scooped up at 9 by the Texans

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Few to no OT's in FA but plenty of good OG's.  JD can get the inside lineman they need in FA and get the OT in the draft.  I'm hoping that it can still be Alt or Fashanu.  If not, Fuaga will be a great RT pick up.  Fuaga is not a second tier guy.  He is simply not a LT.  Fuaga will be a Pro Bowl quality RT for many years.  I'd be happy with that pick if Alt gets scooped up at 9 by the Texans

Ideally we can somehow get Alt plus an OG or C in the draft (if we draft a C then we move Tippmann to OG) plus sign a RT in FA.  

On 1/10/2024 at 3:28 PM, Guilhermezmc said:

They played Skoronski at G the whole season, there's no guarantee they switch him to LT

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ideally we can somehow get Alt plus an OG or C in the draft (if we draft a C then we move Tippmann to OG) plus sign a RT in FA.  

That could work.  I'd rather leave Tipp stay at C, though.   I don't see much of a problem getting the inside guys they need, but two OT's are going to be hard to get.