Which coach would you hire to hypothetically replace Saleh?

Presuming all are available and would take the job  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

Bill Bellichick:  Unreal game day and D coach, has lost touch with offense and would want to 'shop for his own groceries' but he drafts as if he is only shopping at arbys.

Mike Vrabel:  Good coach but still has the stench of being from the awful Bellichck coaching tree.

Mike McDaniel:   I like this dude his offense is super creative, just not proven enough.

Mike McCarthy:  Very underrated coach, takes way more flack than others on this list with much worse resumes.

Jim Harbaugh:  Has built winners in the NFL and College, seems to be old school in the proper ways and new school in the proper places. 

My choice was Harbaugh.

• Upvote 3

McDaniel.

Rodgers won back-to-back MVPs in that system and he’s a brilliant offensive minded coach who, clearly, understands that defense is important based on his hiring of Fangio, one of the best in the NFL.

I don’t see him as the reason why the Dolphins choked away the division.  I believe we’re seeing the McVay/Goff situation repeating itself.  Tua is a solid-to-somewhat above-average QB being uplifted by talent and scheme.  Give McDaniel an Aaron Rodgers caliber QB and he takes them to the moon.

Harbaugh’s style of offense still gives me pause.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Sorry but his needs to be paired with the: and who would you pick to be the new GM poll. Douglas doesn’t get another go with a 3rd HC….one goes, they both go

I disagree.  Douglas has flipped the talent level on this roster.  

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Tough choice between Harbaugh and Vrabel.  Harbaugh seems like the kind of guy who would wear out his welcome in like 3-4 years while Vrabel seems like he could be a long-term solution.  I'd be happy with either of course.  

Mike McCarthy has absolutely no business being on this list, btw.

And why is Pete Carroll not on this list?  I think he'd be the one quality HC who would actually take this job and wouldn't care that JD is on the hot seat.

24 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

There is NO way the fan base would accept that scum bag back.  That ship sailed a long time ago...

listen, selling our soul to the devil got us in this mess 55 years ago to the day so why not go to the well again?

Bill Bellichick:  Unreal game day and D coach, has lost touch with offense and would want to 'shop for his own groceries' but he drafts as if he is only shopping at arbys.
Mike Vrabel:  Good coach but still has the stench of being from the awful Bellichck coaching tree.
Mike McDaniel:   I like this dude his offense is super creative, just not proven enough.
Mike McCarthy:  Very underrated coach, takes way more flack than others on this list with much worse resumes.
Jim Harbaugh:  Has built winners in the NFL and College, seems to be old school in the proper ways and new school in the proper places. 
My choice was Harbaugh.

Vrabel never coached under Belichick

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Any of them except for Belichick. 

Harbaugh would be my first choice.

Belichick wouldn’t be a consideration for me - not a believer in hiring a 72 year old coach 

That was my answer 

• Upvote 1

I went with Vrabel mainly because the jets in hall have a good sized rb much like Henry. And Vrabel steam didn’t rely on the qb being mobile. I think hairball would be good too but he’s also been away from the pro game for quite some time.

Presuming all are available and would take the job, which coach would you replace Saleh with in the event that Woody fired him? 

VRABEL. He would hire a good offensive coordinator and make the defense even better.

McDaniel.
Rodgers won back-to-back MVPs in that system and he’s a brilliant offensive minded coach who, clearly, understands that defense is important based on his hiring of Fangio, one of the best in the NFL.
I don’t see him as the reason why the Dolphins choked away the division.  I believe we’re seeing the McVay/Goff situation repeating itself.  Tua is a solid-to-somewhat above-average QB being uplifted by talent and scheme.  Give McDaniel an Aaron Rodgers caliber QB and he takes them to the moon.
Harbaugh’s style of offense still gives me pause.

You think they will fire him? I would hire him before he dropped his post firing duece: if I’m
Saleh I stay on as co head coach.

1 hour ago, jago said:

listen, selling our soul to the devil got us in this mess 55 years ago to the day so why not go to the well again?

There's no way even a goofball like Woody is giving the keys to the kingdom to a guy who publicly humiliated him via an FU written on a cocktail napkin...