Antonio Pierce HIRED As Las Vegas Raiders Head Coach

Antonio Pierce is great recruiter .   Players want to play for him . Hopefully he can bring Cb L'Jarius Sneed from division rival chiefs. ( pay the man if he makes it to free agency).   I could see former Jet Dt Leonard Williams coming home to play for his childhood team.. ( need veteran Dt the young bucks at Dt can learn from). 
biggest question is whose going to be his offensive coordinator.    That’s going to be the most important hire he makes.   Hopefully it’s not Adam gase - who fingerprints were all over the offense last year once Ap took over.    You have to do better there, and Michael Mayer has to be a big part of the offense going forward.  

27 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Antonio Pierce is great recruiter .   Players want to play for him . Hopefully he can bring Cb L'Jarius Sneed from division rival chiefs. ( pay the man if he makes it to free agency).   I could see former Jet Dt Leonard Williams coming home to play for his childhood team.. ( need veteran Dt the young bucks at Dt can learn from). 
biggest question is whose going to be his offensive coordinator.    That’s going to be the most important hire he makes.   Hopefully it’s not Adam gase - who fingerprints were all over the offense last year once Ap took over.    You have to do better there, and Michael Mayer has to be a big part of the offense going forward.  

You forgot  men want to be him. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's hope so.  

Why?

There’s no guarantee that dudes like Higgins or Evans will even hit the open market. And even if they do, who’s to say that they’ll want to sign here?

Hell, I’d say the Jets best chance at simultaneously adding a bluechip OL prospect and a legitimate weapon to compliment Garrett on the outside this offseason involves a move for Davante Adams in some capacity.

The Jets window is 2 years.

Why people give two wet sh*ts about 2026 and beyond right now is lost on me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Welp, the Raiders are F****ked.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why?

There’s no guarantee that dudes like Higgins or Evans will even hit the open market. And even if they do, who’s to say that they’ll want to sign here?

Hell, I’d say the Jets best chance at simultaneously adding a bluechip OL prospect and a legitimate weapon to compliment Garrett on the outside this offseason involves a move for Davante Adams in some capacity.

The AFC is overloaded with star young QBs plus are we really that good to begin with?  And even if you think we are close, do you think we have the CS to get us over that hump?  Our odds of getting to the SB seem very low to me so why should I want this team to mortgage it all for the next 2 years?   When JD/Saleh/AR8 move on, we're still going to be left rooting for this franchise.  I don't want to sit through another complete rebuild (even though you can kind of see it coming).

42 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why?

You’re dreaming if you can get Devante Adams without giving up at the very least your number 1. ( going to take more than that to get him)    Everyone beside MAXX Crosby can be had for the right price.     The price to get Devante Adams isn’t going to be worth it for you- it’s going to be a lot more than you want to pay.   Desperate teams do stupid things .      It’s going to take your front office to do real stupid things to acquire Devante Adams.   For your sake hope your front office, and owner are contempt to not make this trade.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

You’re dreaming if you can get Devante Adams without giving up at the very least your number 1. ( going to take more than that to get him)    Everyone beside MAXX Crosby can be had for the right price.     The price to get Devante Adams isn’t going to be worth it for you- it’s going to be a lot more than you want to pay.   Desperate teams do stupid things .      It’s going to take your front office to do real stupid things to acquire Devante Adams.   For your sake hope your front office, and owner are contempt to not make this trade.    

This is the correct answer, the Raiders have zero reason to get rid of him and zero reason to do so cheaply and zero reason to do so after seeing Douglas get taken to the cleaners by the Packers last year.

Adams has always been a total pipe dream and a laughable one at the cost of lower picks being speculated on.

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Why?

Even if some of the better FA WR targets don’t hit the open market, there are a bunch of excellent WR prospects in this draft. Take one. 

the Adams thing isn’t happening. They aren’t trading Adams after hiring the guy he campaigned for. 

i heard hiring defensive HC was a stupid idea. 
I also heard that players playing hard for you down the stretch means nothing, doesn't carry over to next year, and you're better off focusing on draft position as it's the only way to get better.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

good for him.  but it also underscores the primary requirement to be the head coach.  these guys don't necessarily have to be good x's and o's guys.  they have to know enough about the offense and defense.  there are plenty of worms like schitty and milfy who can diagram plays and even call plays.  the hc needs to be able to motivate the players week in and week our during the training camps and the season.  and he needs to make sure the coaches are doing their jobs.  both the raiders and the lions overachieved when they finally got coaches who can motivate.

AP is basically the same “type” of coach as Saleh, and DeMeco Ryans.   Ryans and AP appear to show that a defensive HC can get the job done if they do the right other things.   I think this puts the heat on Saleh.

Do the Raiders get an extra 3rd round draft pick for having a diverse assistant be hired as an HC?

I really don’t get the Devante Adams debate.  His contract blows up in 2025.  The Raiders can keep him if they want to pay him $30+mm.  So the question for them is whether they can get DA to restructure to be a part of the team long-term.   If they want to go for it this year they need to keep DA, but next year is trade value is much less, if nothing, unless there is a restructure agreed.  

So with AP on a long-term clock, and the Raiders apparently lacking a QB who they need to throw the ball to DA, the Raiders may decide to trade DA now, especially if JD is desperate.  It is apparent throughout the NFL that the GBP fleeced a desperate Jet team, likely more Woody than JD.   If I am the Raiders I am waiting to see if a desperate Jet team will make another desperate trade.  If the Jets are able to fill LT/RT in FA, which is unlikely, the Jets may decide to trade 10 for an established WR on an expensive 1 year contract rather than draft one for the long-term.  That would be very Jetsy.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

good for him.  but it also underscores the primary requirement to be the head coach.  these guys don't necessarily have to be good x's and o's guys.  they have to know enough about the offense and defense.  there are plenty of worms like schitty and milfy who can diagram plays and even call plays.  the hc needs to be able to motivate the players week in and week our during the training camps and the season.  and he needs to make sure the coaches are doing their jobs.  both the raiders and the lions overachieved when they finally got coaches who can motivate.

Make sure the coaches are doing their jobs. That is a big point.

One that saleh is failing at. At some point saleh not hack was to blame we he did not do anything to help the offense. He could see plain as us the stupid play calls and Wilson and hall getting no touches and gameplans focuses on back ups. 

This raider s guy came in and said I don't care if other teams know Jacobs and Adam are our good players. The offense runs through them.

Pretty simple concept yet hackett never really understood it

3 hours ago, varjet said:

AP is basically the same “type” of coach as Saleh, and DeMeco Ryans.   Ryans and AP appear to show that a defensive HC can get the job done if they do the right other things.   I think this puts the heat on Saleh.

Do the Raiders get an extra 3rd round draft pick for having a diverse assistant be hired as an HC?

I really don’t get the Devante Adams debate.  His contract blows up in 2025.  The Raiders can keep him if they want to pay him $30+mm.  So the question for them is whether they can get DA to restructure to be a part of the team long-term.   If they want to go for it this year they need to keep DA, but next year is trade value is much less, if nothing, unless there is a restructure agreed.  

So with AP on a long-term clock, and the Raiders apparently lacking a QB who they need to throw the ball to DA, the Raiders may decide to trade DA now, especially if JD is desperate.  It is apparent throughout the NFL that the GBP fleeced a desperate Jet team, likely more Woody than JD.   If I am the Raiders I am waiting to see if a desperate Jet team will make another desperate trade.  If the Jets are able to fill LT/RT in FA, which is unlikely, the Jets may decide to trade 10 for an established WR on an expensive 1 year contract rather than draft one for the long-term.  That would be very Jetsy.  

All head coaches with defensive background it’s paramount they get the right offense coordinator.     That OC still going to run the offense what that coach wants , but he’s going to design an offense that fits his personnel. ( good OC can put his players in best shape to be successful).

Unlike Derek Carr Devante Adams grew up a Raider fan. He’s playing for his childhood team .    He also wants to be close to his family .    Without a doubt he will restructure in 2025 .    

A O’Connell biggest supporter is Devante Adams.  He thinks in time he has chance to be really good.    Did O’Connell do enough last year to give him the job.  No he did enough to have chance to compete for starting about job with whatever qbs they bring in.  Who gets the OC job and the system will go a long way to determine how viable he is to be the starting qb.

Raiders are going to be very aggressive to move up and get their Qb in the draft.   They are willing to pay the very very expensive price it’s going to cost.       I would be surprised they don’t keep Aoc as backup.  Sign a veteran say Russell Wilson bridge Qb . ( 1.1 million as Broncos pay the rest) draft a Qb to sit and learn . 

this makes a lot of sense. the players love him and he is cheap. they are buying time for all of the dead coach money they owe to go away.

mark davis knows this will probably fail....but this is a rare case where he can look like a hero and save himself some money.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

this makes a lot of sense. the players love him and he is cheap. they are buying time for all of the dead coach money they owe to go away.

mark davis knows this will probably fail....but this is a rare case where he can look like a hero and save himself some money.

What you talking about Raiders have a lot more cap space than Jets do.    https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space