We are not going anywhere, not next year or the year after...time to face facts

38 minutes ago, doitny said:

are you really watching these games?

we just seen McDermont go for a fake punt that almost cost them the game. in every playoff game i see dumb coaching calls, Fumbles, drop passes for TDs, penalties.

these things happen to everybody not just the Jets. if Rodgers plays well and we add a LT and WR we can compete with these teams. 

did you forget we almost beat KC.? if it wasnt for a Zach Wilson fumble maybe we would have. 

What are these things called "playoffs"?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Baby Toddler GIF by Sealed With A GIF

I am gloomy, I just have not seen anything from the whole Rodgers thing to be a positive at all.

In his very small exhibition play he did not look totally great, in his only 4 plays he looked shell shocked and froze. 

His play fell off a lot his last year with the packers.

Will we be better with him at QB than ZAch and the awful backup crew?  Yes.  I just do not see a good story to this whole episode.

The Hackett love is bewildering and terrible.  The guy is a brutally terrible oc.

On to the draft!

When is the combine?  Mid February?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am gloomy, I just have not seen anything from the whole Rodgers thing to be a positive at all.

In his very small exhibition play he did not look totally great, in his only 4 plays he looked shell shocked and froze. 

His play fell off a lot his last year with the packers.

Will we be better with him at QB than ZAch and the awful backup crew?  Yes.  I just do not see a good story to this whole episode.

The Hackett love is bewildering and terrible.  The guy is a brutally terrible oc.

On to the draft!

When is the combine?  Mid February?

Do you think Rodgers can produce 4,000 yards, 23 TDs, and 5 INTs? Because the Texans just made the playoffs with Stroud putting up those numbers. Mahomes was 4,200, 27 TDs, 14 INTs. Josh Allen went 4,300, 29 and 18. Rodgers doesn’t have to produce 40 TDs. He just has to matriculate the ball against two-high and sneak in the occasional deep shot. Even a diminished Rodgers can do that much

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Regular season nonsense.  We won't make the playoffs, not next year or in '25 with Rodgers We're behind Cincy, JAX, Bills, Chiefs, Pittsburgh, Miami and watch NE turn it around next year the way this is going. 

Ok, this is a bit much. Jax and Pitt are pretenders. I would wager they both miss the playoffs next season. Miami also come to think of it. The Bills, Chiefs and Bengals are the teams to beat and we beat one, almost two of them with Zach. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Do you think Rodgers can produce 4,000 yards, 23 TDs, and 5 INTs? Because the Texans just made the playoffs with Stroud putting up those numbers. Mahomes was 4,200, 27 TDs, 14 INTs. Josh Allen went 4,300, 29 and 18. Rodgers doesn’t have to produce 40 TDs. He just has to matriculate the ball against two-high and sneak in the occasional deep shot. Even a diminished Rodgers can do that much

And not get hurt 

I’m more worried about his body breaking down than anything. 

but if he’s healthy, he’s definitely good enough to get us to the playoffs UNLESS the defense regresses (which I also fear)

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So when AR8 comes back, we don't need help at OL?

You need a good solid line, not the early 80s Hogs 

the big thing is to upgrade both tackles (one FA, one premium draft pick), add depth (at least one more draft pick and another FA), and keep AVT healthy (will be interesting to see if they play AVT at tackle or guard and also what they think of Carter Warren)

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was 26 and 12 with 3600 yards his last year in Green Bay, two years older now and off for a full year.

If we had a good innovative oc then maybe yes but he is stubborn and his evaluation of talent to surround him was nothing short of disastrous.

I don't think he will last a whole year unless we hit a miracle re the oline.

• Upvote 2

The positive outlook:

• Rodgers comes back from his torn Achilles and is 75% or more the player he was at his peak.
  • Douglas pulls his thumb out of his arse and actually gets some linemen who can block opposing rushers, giving Rodgers a reasonably clean pocket from which to operate.
  • Lazard remembers how to play football and is a decent WR3 across from Garrett Wilson
  • The Jets manage to convince someone like Tee Higgins that he should come to the Jets and play with Rodgers and Wilson.
  • Saleh learns how to manage the offensive side of the ball and gets Hackett to pull his thumb out of his arse to build a competent offence that Rodgers can tailor as required at the LOS.
  • The defence stays elite, Will McDonald takes the next step and replaces Bryce Huff and the Jets are able to force more turnovers because they aren't forever on the field since the offence isn't stuck in the three and out pattern that they were for much of this season.
  • Douglas realises he doesn't need to spend $7 million on a washed up running back to spell Breece Hall and instead spends the salary cap on a decent backup quarterback in case Rodgers misses time through injury and we build depth along the offence to the extent possible.
  • The Jets take advantage of a disaster in New England with Mayo being incompetent as a head coach, catches a break against the Dolphins (by not playing them during summer) and the Bills start declining with Stefon Diggs agitating to leave Buffalo because he's not being treated as the prima dona he thinks he is.
  • The Jets win 10 games and sneak into the playoffs as a wild card. The Jets win their wild card game on the road then get blown out in the divisional round because Saleh was too busy celebrating their first playoff win since 2010.

The negative outlook:

• Douglas trades a king's ransom for Davante Adams, who promptly suffers a significant injury that sidelines him for weeks.
  • The Jets can't find any offensive linemen who can remain healthy and upright long enough to give Rodgers enough time in the pocket to make plays.
  • Rodgers' decline is accelerated by his Achilles injury and he looks washed from opening day.
  • The Jets get no production on offence from anyone other than Garrett Wilson or Breece Hall.
  • The Dolphins learn how to play in cold weather.
  • Mayo and the new Patriots QB look frisky and beat the Jets in Foxborough with playoffs on the line for the Jets.
  • The Bills solve their contract problems and win the division, sweeping the Jets in the process.
  • Rodgers goes back to his darkness retreat after week seven of the regular season, and the Jets are forced to go back to Zach Wilson to be QB, because Douglas couldn't find anyone else willing to back up Rodgers.
  • Wilson and Hall leak to the media about how they're done with the Jets offence and the Jets beat writers have a field day.
  • The Jets finish the season 4-13 (or worse) and Woody fires everyone.
  • Rodgers retires after the season ends and the Jets miss out on the top QB prospects because Douglas traded the Jets first round draft pick to the Raiders for Adams.
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Alka said:

We tried to make it a 1st rounder, but Rodgers got hurt.  If Rodgers didn't get injured, the Jets would have still missed the playoffs, due to our horrible offensive line, and we'd be out of a 1st rounder this year, instead of a 2nd rounder.

Yeah, but, you see, that's what makes Joe Douglas a genius and the best GM in the league. Or so I've been told.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets were competitive with the teams playing this weekend with Zach Wilson at QB.

Even if Aaron Rodgers is just average he's a massive upgrade at QB as well as an architect of the offensive system we're running.

I think I'll wait to see how the team looks with #8 at QB before writing off the next couple of seasons in January. Pretty lame take tbh

We were an Achilles injury of not having all these doom and gloom, woe is me threads.  Without that Achilles we make the playoffs and don’t have one thread after another making the team out into being trash

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

are you really watching these games?

we just seen McDermont go for a fake punt that almost cost them the game. in every playoff game i see dumb coaching calls, Fumbles, drop passes for TDs, penalties.

these things happen to everybody not just the Jets. if Rodgers plays well and we add a LT and WR we can compete with these teams. 

did you forget we almost beat KC.? if it wasnt for a Zach Wilson fumble maybe we would have. 

Exactly this is why running it back makes the most sense. Get a WR2, fix the oline and keep Rodgers healthy.

These top teams have flaws. The pig is ripe.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This is going to be the jets in about two years after rodgers actual money kicks in except we will have no playoffs to worry about blowing games.

The Jets have a shot at winning the Super Bowl next year. This will be as good as a shot as they have had in a very long time. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We were an Achilles injury of not having all these doom and gloom, woe is me threads.  Without that Achilles we make the playoffs and don’t have one thread after another making the team out into being trash

This team has flaws for sure. They get the offseason to fix them. Backup QB, fix the oline and WR2.

That is as short of a needs list as the Jets have had in 50 years.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Just watching these playoff games, it's apparent that we are so woefully behind being competitive to the Chiefs, Ravens, Bills, even the Browns in games that really matter. Our offensive schemes, OL, lack of quality receivers, an incompetent GM and HC, poor drafting, a ghastly OC, a 40 year old rickety QB, not to mention Woody. To think that we have even have a sliver of hope that this gets turned around in Rodger's tenure here is delusional. To top it off, we traded away our 2nd rounder and have so many needs and a bloated salary cap with a plethora of dead weight. There's no way we catch up with this regime. at the helm  Prove me wrong.

Jets are gonna have $50-60m in salary cap space, that's plenty for FA. We have missed on 2nd round picks for like 15 straight years, I'm sure trading that pick for a HoF QB - even coming off that injury will net better value than Devin Smith, Stephen Hill, Marcus Maye, Elijah Moore, Denzel Mims combined.

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets have a shot at winning the Super Bowl next year. This will be as good as a shot as they have had in a very long time. 

I will reserve that judgement until after Fa and the draft.  I do not have a good feeling based on our recent track record of decision making.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

With a middle of the road offense and that defense, which will be even better next year, we are in the the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Just watching these playoff games, it's apparent that we are so woefully behind being competitive to the Chiefs, Ravens, Bills, even the Browns in games that really matter. Our offensive schemes, OL, lack of quality receivers, an incompetent GM and HC, poor drafting, a ghastly OC, a 40 year old rickety QB, not to mention Woody. To think that we have even have a sliver of hope that this gets turned around in Rodger's tenure here is delusional. To top it off, we traded away our 2nd rounder and have so many needs and a bloated salary cap with a plethora of dead weight. There's no way we catch up with this regime. at the helm  Prove me wrong.

Any of these teams can be beat. We beat teh bills. We had the Chiefs beat but were cheated by the refs. With Zach Wilson, no less. We beat the Eagles. An other playoff team. We crushed teh Texans. Another playoff team. And we did this with the WORST offense in the NFL.  Rodgers will be on a mission next year.   They will be ready.  Not many pieces need to fall into place. A Davante Adams here, a franchise tackle there, a trade here a FA signing there and we are ready to take the East.  Lot of money coming off the books. We will be fine upgrading the offense and defense.  So stop with your crying Wah Wah's and get on the Groovy Train.

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

[from the back row, barely audible]

what if the defense regresses

My biggest fear 

you see it all the time in football. One side of the ball is elite, the is below average. You spend all offseason obsessively fixing the weak unit only to get to the season and realize after 4 games that your strength is no longer your strength. Football is so year to year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1