Jets' front office shakeup puts everyone on notice

This is the latest problem that the Jets now face, which makes their situation and approach even more moronic.  

Not only has the Front Office apparently thrown the Coaching Staff under the bus, but they now have different incentives.

Having a GM do their job right is not an easy thing.  The GM’s job is to build a roster that wins games, but oftentimes the GM will grade themselves by the number of All Pro, HoF, etc. players they draft.  Remember when Gettleman drafted Barkley, and said that you don’t pass up a Gold Jacket player?   The Giants needed a QB.   You don’t pick a RB that high.   Maccagnan picked guys with high floors-Quinnen and Jamal Adams.  

I would have said that JD would have an incentive to pick players to help AR8.  I think now he just picks BPA so they don’t bust.  We are going to end up with another DL-book it.  He is already looking for his next job.  

JD hired this Rex Hogan guy to be his right hand man.   These guys are all clowns.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Can someone in the media please ask Saleh what the slogan is this year?  Are we at 80% yet?
It should be "keep chopping wood". And we can have a woodblock and an axe on hand for players to "chop wood".

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Alka said:

Do you remember when we drafted Zach Wilson, and Saleh told Zach on the phone that we will lift you up; you won't have to lift everyone else up? I'm paraphrasing here.

I think Saleh's slogan should be: "We lift each other up, up into the sky". 

That would be appropriate.  I'm sure Zach Wilson remembers those wonderful words from Saleh.  

Technically he wasn't lying. The team lifted Zach to back to back 7 win seasons despite his atrocious play.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Alka said:

Do you remember when we drafted Zach Wilson, and Saleh told Zach on the phone that we will lift you up; you won't have to lift everyone else up? I'm paraphrasing here.

I think Saleh's slogan should be: "We lift each other up, up into the sky". 

That would be appropriate.  I'm sure Zach Wilson remembers those wonderful words from Saleh.  

Hard to lift someone up when they refuse to spend the offseason in New Jersey. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I can't wait for the rebuild to start again in 2027 

It will start in '26....

But we'll hear all the excuses that it's two years at least to build something as they'll still be paying off that awful Rodgers contract while he's sitting in an ESPN pre-game show.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

It will start in '26....

But we'll hear all the excuses that it's two years at least to build something as they're still be paying off that awful Rodgers contract while he's sitting in an ESPN pre-game show.

ESPN ain't hiring Rodgers, nor would he work for them. 

Jets are gonna try and make a big splash this off-season  - the pressure is on more than ever.  Lame duck GM, coaching staff, and QB on last leg (literally) and no regime change likely.  The only answer is $$$$$$$$$.

If Woody allows, I see them trying to make huge splash in FA maybe trade.

will they be successful? doubtful to who knows but may be somewhat entertaining

7 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

No he doesn’t, he’s added a lot of talent sense 2019.

The problem is he’s been bad at drafting QBs. Zach set us back tremendously and Morgan also was horrible at 4.

2 of his 4 1st round picks are busts.  Drafting is the single most important thing he needs to do and he doesn't do it well.

How could you NOT add talent... he's had 4 years and his record is worse than McCagnon's.  

He has wiffed on many FA's as well.  

2 of his 4 1st round picks are busts.  Drafting is the single most important thing he needs to do and he doesn't do it well.
How could you NOT add talent... he's had 4 years and his record is worse than McCagnon's.  

He's made 6 first round picks, not including 2023. I'd say 4 are going to be very good as long as they stay healthy.

35 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

He's made 6 first round picks, not including 2023. I'd say 4 are going to be very good as long as they stay healthy.

Fair enough.. I forgot about the rounds where he had 2 picks.