New Jets Uniforms Won’t Matter if Results are the Same

NY Jets

Within moments of former Jets wide receiver Mecole Hardman catching the game winning touchdown last night to give the Chiefs a second consecutive championship, we learned from various Jets social media accounts that there will be new Jets uniforms in 2024.

It's happening 🟢⚪⚫ pic.twitter.com/70Jhw9OpN1

— New York Jets (@nyjets) February 12, 2024

But let’s be honest here.  If the results on the field don’t look and different, nobody in their right mind will care.  And they shouldn’t.

Mired in a 13-year playoff drought, the Jets have come up short for a myriad of reasons over a decade-plus.  Poor coaching?  Check.  Poor talent?  Check.  Riddled with injuries?  Check.

Yes, team owner Woody Johnson did recently share his frustration with the Jets’ inability to produce victories.  But perhaps trying to sell more jerseys just five years after the Jets last uniform reboot, following another sub .500 season wasn’t the best idea?

Win a championship and the fans won’t care if the team does it in street clothes or trash bags.  Keep falling flat and the sharpest look in the league won’t mean a thing.

The post New Jets Uniforms Won’t Matter if Results are the Same appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

The new uniforms mean woody makes more money as people buy new ones to replace the old ones.  Somehow it’s important for fans to be up to date with their uniform selection.

Not about Woody grasping for $$$.  Woody heard the un-silent majority complaining about the horrid uniforms.  Most everyone loves the new green helmet, but they don't like the current helmet logo or silly looking jersey.  So, they did what most of us screamed for.  The new green colored helmet with the 80's logo and clean stripes.  That is why they tried the Legacy Whites this year.  And we loved them.  That will be the new uni because we asked for it.   And I am SUPER HAPPY with it.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I disagree with the premise of this post.  Considering we pretty much know what to expect results-wise, all we've got are the uni's!

#RootForTheLaundry

naw... as long as rodgers holds up, the jets will be a playoff team for sure.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Not about Woody grasping for $$$.  Woody heard the un-silent majority complaining about the horrid uniforms.  Most everyone loves the new green helmet, but they don't like the current helmet logo or silly looking jersey.  So, they did what most of us screamed for.  The new green colored helmet with the 80's logo and clean stripes.  That is why they tried the Legacy Whites this year.  And we loved them.  That will be the new uni because we asked for it.   And I am SUPER HAPPY with it.  

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Aesthetically pleasing uniforms and winning games are two separate and distinct things.

One does not cause nor retard the other. 

At all.  In any way.

Who let the adults in the room?

18 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

naw... as long as rodgers holds up, the jets will be a playoff team for sure.  

Which is good, obviously. However, my one complaint with the organization being satisfied with a playoff birth due to Aaron Rodgers is that what we gave up and have accommodated for Aaron Rodgers should = a Super Bowl championship. We could signed or traded much less capital for another quarterback and still have been a playoff team, without setting the team back some.

I hope that Johnson & Johnson have the same expectations and don't think this trade, everyone we signed, and everything that has transpired since will be deemed a success with a 10-win season and losing in the 1st or second round.

Do I think Derek Carr's season with the Saints was stellar and he the long-term answer to our QB position?

No, but with this 25 TDs to 8 INTs and no draft pick loss I think we make the playoffs this year and still have draft capital to draft our QB of the future.

You trade for Rodgers, it's championship or bust.

16 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Which is good, obviously. However, my one complaint with the organization being satisfied with a playoff birth due to Aaron Rodgers is that what we gave up and have accommodated for Aaron Rodgers should = a Super Bowl championship. We could signed or traded much less capital for another quarterback and still have been a playoff team, without setting the team back some.

I hope that Johnson & Johnson have the same expectations and don't think this trade, everyone we signed, and everything that has transpired since will be deemed a success with a 10-win season and losing in the 1st or second round.

Do I think Derek Carr's season with the Saints was stellar and he the long-term answer to our QB position?

No, but with this 25 TDs to 8 INTs and no draft pick loss I think we make the playoffs this year and still have draft capital to draft our QB of the future.

You trade for Rodgers, it's championship or bust.

Carr would maybe get us into the wild card round and then lose immediately. You either play to win the superbowl or rebuild. Rodgers was the only qb available to give the team a superbowl type ceiling. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zachs Burner said:

Carr would maybe get us into the wild card round and then lose immediately. You either play to win the superbowl or rebuild. Rodgers was the only qb available to give the team a superbowl type ceiling. 

Exactly and I’m happy we went for Rodgers but my point is the team shouldn’t view wild card berth a success with Rodgers.

2 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

I disagree.

hwo come ??? where do you see the problem ??? the defense will still be in tact.  the kicker and punter is the best tandem in the leage.  they won games last season with some of the the worse qb play and offensive line play i have ever seen. with any decent qb, they jets will be hard to beat.  

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

hwo come ??? where do you see the problem ??? the defense will still be in tact.  the kicker and punter is the best tandem in the leage.  they won games last season with some of the the worse qb play and offensive line play i have ever seen. with any decent qb, they jets will be hard to beat.  

You make it seem like quartebacking alone was the problem and I believe that while yes, that was absolutely a problem, the OL as a whole was horrific. Yeah Yeah injuries I get it, but when healthy, the OL could have been mediocre at best. A QB change alone will not be a difference maker in my opinion. In addidion, we are a one receiver team. Mediocre TE productions. I mean, how is that on the QB alone?

I'm sure there's like some marketing department statistics that says people are the most engaged with football just after the super bowl but the timing of the announcement was crass 

Rather than being happy that they are improving the product (which we all want) to announce it 5 minutes after the chiefs establish a dynasty feels like the Jets are just trying to gaslight us again that they are good 

8 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Tough crowd.

But yeah, kind of goes without saying that fans care much more about winning than uniforms.

The Jets have missed the playoffs for 13 years running they are lucky to have any fans at all