49ers Players didn't understand OT rules

1 hour ago, BP said:

The key is rotation. Keep your best players off the field and fresh when the other teams best players are on the field. Innovative 

CMC is our best player. 

The Chiefs will never know what hit em when we stop using him and start threading the needle into triple coverage to our WR4 and 5!

CMC is our best player. 
The Chiefs will never know what hit em when we stop using him and start threading the needle into triple coverage to our WR4 and 5!
Who scored the winning TD again?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Those crafty Chiefs studied the rules while the poorly coached Niners had no idea. Meanwhile Hardman didn't even know the game was over until Mahomes told him.  

That was my thought as well - then i thought the media has been saying the chiefs taught their players the rules since camp. Hardman was a jet at that time so do we assume Bobby and team never taught the jets the rules hence hardman not knowing?

To be fair - why would Saleh instruct them since they have not sniffed in 15 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ouch.

Keep up those speeches and slogans, Bobby.

The Jets “CEO” head coach is good with his team getting clowned 🤡 so long as Woody’s checks clear

Trade demands will be coming soon.  This time next year they'll be loud.

No way Sauce and G. Wilson are going to want to break in a new, handed the job, rookie QB with a new system - HC/DC/OC...I won't blame them a bit.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No way Sauce and G. Wilson are going to want to break in a new, handed the job, rookie QB with a new system - HC/DC/OC...I won't blame them a bit.

Yep, just like Zach. Only Zach gets to pick where he go’s next. They likely both off to Cleveland! 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I heard next year's QB class is expected to be weak.  The Jets and their perfect timing strike again!

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, jetsons said:

49ers Players didn't understand OT rules…

what’s there to understand? … a fifth grader would know what to do, score & prevent the other team from doing the same.

That. That’s what’s to understand. They did not.

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I heard next year's QB class is expected to be weak.  The Jets and their perfect timing strike again!

TBF wasn't 2018 considered a "strong" class?  I always assumed that's the reason why we never considered a QB(Mahomes) in 2017.  There are a couple of interesting names next year though.  Mainly Sanders and Allar.  Excited to see what both those guys do next season.  Also wouldn't be surprised to see Riley Leonard just ******* skyrocket up draft boards next year.  Maybe Ewers as well.  There's definitely some potential next year, but you're right, no one that matches Caleb or Maye's level at this point.  

7 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

TBF wasn't 2018 considered a "strong" class?  I always assumed that's the reason why we never considered a QB(Mahomes) in 2017.  There are a couple of interesting names next year though.  Mainly Sanders and Allar.  Excited to see what both those guys do next season.  Also wouldn't be surprised to see Riley Leonard just ******* skyrocket up draft boards next year.  Maybe Ewers as well.  There's definitely some potential next year, but you're right, no one that matches Caleb or Maye's level at this point.  

I am going to laugh when Drake Maye falls into Joe Douglas' lap and he takes a pass for Fuaga.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

I am going to laugh when Drake Maye falls into Joe Douglas' lap and he takes a pass for Fuaga.

This seems to be what 90% of the fanbase wants him to do apparently.  "All in" or something or another.

...but I agree, if any of those 3 QBs drop, I'm taking them.  

Situational awareness is important, but not necessarily the be all, end all.  Know your role in the play and perform it.  That is really the key.  The number of HULK SMASH!  guys that I played with that didn't know if it was 1st down or third was not insubstantial.  If they were strong and fast enough they still had plenty of success.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Situational awareness is important, but not necessarily the be all, end all.  Know your role in the play and perform it.  That is really the key.  The number of HULK SMASH!  guys that I played with that didn't know if it was 1st down or third was not insubstantial.  If they were strong and fast enough they still had plenty of success.  

Right. What exactly would have the 49ers done differently in OT anyway? Didn't they take the kickoff because they wanted the 3rd (sudden death) possession if the first 2 offset? 

• Upvote 1