**** Aaron Donald Retires ****

He's been teasing the idea of retiring for a couple of years so I'm not shocked -- but it's still pretty surprising given the high level he's still playing at. Wonder if he has some kind of big money TV deal lined up because he's leaving a lot of cash on the table.

• Upvote 4

He is the best D Tackle I have ever seen, better than Warren Sapp or Joe Klecko (and that is not a knock on Sapp or Joe) just a force.  Easily a 1st ballot HOF player, just a monster.

He had a longer prime than JJ Watt, at their peak I would be hard pressed to say who was better, but they are the 2 best defensive players I can remember since LT in the 80s.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

he had a decent career.

If he only could have played a few more years he might have been a decent candidate for the HOF...........

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

One of the true blue chip all time dlineman. 

He's in the conversation with LT, Bruce, Reggie, Sapp, Deacon, Von , Thomas, Randy White. He's probably going to go down as one of the top 5 defensive lineman ever. I don't think that's hyperbole. 

It is hyperbole.  Nobody (other than a Bills' fan) refers to Bruce Smith as "Bruce".  :)

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Why would you not put Donald in your top 5? 

I'm open to him being 6-10 but I wouldn't argue with anyone who has him in their top 5 

The comment I made was only about Bruce Smith being called "Bruce".  I think Donald is an all time great.

DonaldDuckLaughing.gif.7f9b60339036602774e58caab08966e7.gif

• Upvote 1