Dan Orlovsky: Jets WR Duo No. 3 In AFC

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Behind Miami and Cincy’s top two WRs. Of course he said if Mike Williams is healthy & on the field. 

Hit home when Orlovsky said that yesterday on NFL Live. I hadn’t thought of it like that.

But when you take a closer look, yeah, he could be right. After all both Garrett & Williams have crazy talent, complement each other’s skill set and were top 10 picks. 

I love all the moves, but I cant help but thinking

1. Jets HOF QB one of the best - SO LONG AS HE STAYS HEALTHTY

2. Jets HOF LT one of the best - SO LONG AS HE STAYS HEALTHTY

3. Jets WR tandem one of the best - SO LONG AS WILLIAMS STAYS HEALTHTY

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

100% correct. If you're looking for "which player will most increase my chances of winning the Super Bowl if everyone stays healthy" then the WR is the far better pick than an OL (all else being roughly equal). If you're looking for "which player will most increase my chances of winning the Super Bowl by being acceptable depth if someone gets injured" that's an OL.

Not sure I agree with the latter…

Depending on how the board falls, I could see OT or WR, or even Bowers, being the pick. But if only two WRs go in the first nine picks, I will be very disappointed if the Jets don’t draft the third. I might even prefer the fourth. I want the potential explosion of that prospect added to a healthy WR group, and as valuable insurance if Wilson or Williams were to miss any significant time. 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Morrissey said:

i personally don't give a sh*t about winning off-seasons or being good on paper. it's uninteresting and meaningless.

For shame! Jets won the offseason Super Bowl the past week and already have the trophy on their socials 🏆 

17 minutes ago, slats said:

Depending on how the board falls, I could see OT or WR, or even Bowers, being the pick. But if only two WRs go in the first nine picks, I will be very disappointed if the Jets don’t draft the third. I might even prefer the fourth. I want the potential explosion of that prospect added to a healthy WR group, and as valuable insurance if Wilson or Williams were to miss any significant time. 

With the addition of williams the jets can actually have a top half skill position group, something they haven’t had since idk, the 80s.  Also, if rodgers misses games, if you give tyrod taylor another weapon that’s huge.  They can change the team, it won’t be garret wilson and a bunch of receiving crap. 

5 hours ago, Barton said:

Williams is a historically slow receiver, now coming off a torn ACL. Definitely a good player pre-injury. But being slow and then tearing your ACL at age 29 is probably not a good combination. Banking on him for anything more than 700 yards would be foolish. Point? Jets still need to add another ELITE skills receiver. 

What’s “historically” slow.  
That term is so overused to try and make a point, usually as a huge fail.  Almost as bad as calling him a good WR pre knee.  
You’re right, it would be nice to have 3 elite WRs.  What team would want 3?

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What’s “historically” slow.  
That term is so overused to try and make a point, usually as a huge fail

Dude ran in the 4.5s and his game is built around making great catches in traffic - mostly because lacks the 3rd gear/agility to actually get real separation. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Totally agree with you 

If you lose a WR and throw your 4th WR into the top 3 it hurts the unit and becomes just a body you’re throwing out there.  If you lose a lineman the other 4 lineman and the QB can adjust for the one missing piece.  

9 minutes ago, Barton said:

Dude ran in the 4.5s and his game is built around making great catches in traffic - mostly because lacks the 3rd gear/agility to actually get real separation. 

4.5 isn’t historically slow.  His game has always been about being 6’ 5” and making tough catches, not losing 1 on 1’s.  
When he’s been healthy he’s a WR who has to be accounted for.  His Y/R of close to 16 explains a lot

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

I want the 3rd best WR or the 2nd/3rd best OL. 

Would love a trade down but there is no trade down button. Be nice if we found someone to make a deal with but I wonder if there is a player a team would trade up for around pick 10.

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

4.5 isn’t historically slow.  His game has always been about being 6’ 5” and making tough catches, not losing 1 on 1’s.  
When he’s been healthy he’s a WR who has to be accounted for.  His Y/R of close to 16 explains a lot

You are reading it the wrong way. I’m not saying he is a historically slow WR, as if I’m saying he’s 1 of the slowest WRs in modern history. What I’m saying is that Mike Williams himself is known for being slow. That’s his personal history. Look, he’s a good player but he’s always been on the slow side and now he is coming off a torn ACL. Ideally he’s the #3 next year. 

I watched Mike Williams highlight reel last night.  He does not seem to get open.  Like in six minutes of sick highlights he was open like 4 times.  He seemed like a guy that the QB looks at and when he is 1 on 1 he is open.  That seems tailor made for Rodgers.  I don't picture Rodgers throwing a bunch of slants and quick hitters to a fidget like Renfrow as much as heaving deep balls to Mike Williams back shoulder.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barton said:

You are reading it the wrong way. I’m not saying he is a historically slow WR, as if I’m saying he’s 1 of the slowest WRs in modern history. What I’m saying is that Mike Williams himself is known for being slow. That’s his personal history. Look, he’s a good player but he’s always been on the slow side and now he is coming off a torn ACL. Ideally he’s the #3 next year. 

He isn’t one of the slowest WRs in modern history

22 hours ago, slats said:

Conversely, the impact that one of the top three WRs could have on a healthy offense should easily be significantly greater than that of a rookie OT, and I don’t think it’s even remotely close. 

Maybe. Maybe not when the team already has 4 other real receiving targets other than its WR3.

Take away Eric Fisher and replace him their a Carter Warren type, and the Bucs eat Mahomes alive even with elite weapons in Hill and Kelce.

It’s just a guess but I think after seeing his starting OLmen drop like flies these past 3 seasons that this will be the choice over upgrading a sunk cost young veteran WR3 with a rookie.

Again, personally I’m happy with either position if he chooses wisely.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lol dude no offense. Are you serious? Read it again. I’m saying he isn’t. just that he is known for being kinda slow and the tape backs it up. 

5 hours ago, Larz said:

If there are 64 starting tackles in the league, 63 isn’t bad for a backup 

He was tied with Mekhi Becton 

And that's just his pass blocking. His run blocking was worse 

It's pretty damn bad dude 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He was tied with Mekhi Becton 

And that's just his pass blocking. His run blocking was worse 

It's pretty damn bad dude 

It’s borderline starter for a backup dude 

9 hours ago, slats said:

That’s nice, but then the next three guys are Gipson, Lazard, and Brownlee. And of course the caveat regarding Williams’ health. WR is a major need in this draft. 

I think we still need another WR in FA as well.

13 hours ago, Barton said:

Lol dude no offense. Are you serious? Read it again. I’m saying he isn’t. just that he is known for being kinda slow and the tape backs it up. 

1.  You said he was historically slow.  When I said he wasnt

2.  You said he was one of the slowest in the modern era.  When I said that wasn’t true, you are now saying

3.  He’s now known for being kinda slow.  😆

All of this after I said he isn’t known for speed, his game has always been about being 6’ 5” and making tough catches, not losing 1 on 1’s. 

For reference Jerry Rice, the GOAT, ran a 4.71.  Now talk history, slowness or whatever 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

2.  You said he was one of the slowest in the modern era.  When I said that wasn’t true, you are now saying

All of this after I said he isn’t known for speed…. Stop, Jerry Rice the GOAT, ran a 4.71.  Now talk history, slowness or whatever 

Read it again. Google the use of commas. 

20 hours ago, Barton said:

Williams is a historically slow receiver, now coming off a torn ACL. Definitely a good player pre-injury. But being slow and then tearing your ACL at age 29 is probably not a good combination. Banking on him for anything more than 700 yards would be foolish. Point? Jets still need to add another ELITE skills receiver. 

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

14 hours ago, Barton said:

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

13 hours ago, Barton said:

10 minutes ago, Barton said:

Read it again. Google the use of commas. 

And you’re talking commas?  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

All of this after I said he isn’t known for speed, his game has always been about being 6’ 5” and making tough catches, not losing 1 on 1’s. 

For reference Jerry Rice, the GOAT, ran a 4.71.  Now talk history, slowness or whatever 

JERRY RICE DID NOT RUN A ******* 4.71!!

That is a myth perpetuated by some sh*thead listing it on nflcombine.com. The Wikipedia of combine research.  He ran in the 4.5s with little sprint trajning

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And you’re talking commas?  

Dude…. Read the 2nd quote again.  I said clear as day that he is NOT personally one of the slowest receivers in modern day nfl or historically, as in all time,  just that his own personal game history is noted for being slow. Not that he is 1 of the slowest of all time. Only That he is personally known for being slow, which means his own personal history, hence the use of the word historically only pertaining to his own history. Get it ??? 

47 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

JERRY RICE DID NOT RUN A ******* 4.71!!

That is a myth perpetuated by some sh*thead listing it on nflcombine.com. The Wikipedia of combine research.  He ran in the 4.5s with little sprint trajning

Either way backing up the point that MW 4.5 wouldn’t make him a “historically” slow receiver 

29 minutes ago, Barton said:

Dude…. Read the 2nd quote again.  I said clear as day that he is NOT personally one of the slowest receivers in modern day nfl or historically, as in all time,  just that his own personal game history is noted for being slow. Not that he is 1 of the slowest of all time. Only That he is personally known for being slow, which means his own personal history, hence the use of the word historically only pertaining to his own history. Get it ??? 

Williams is a historically slow receiver, now coming off a torn ACL.

The historically slow WR shlt is there, your words.  And more.  Just admit you exaggerated, it’s wrong and move on.  

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We deserve some injury luck for once in franchise history.

I'd even sacrifice some health on defense for the offense to just stay healthy.

The further away we get from it the more miraculous and underappreciated D'Brickashaw Ferguson's health was. Dude literally never missed a snap. Absolute iron man and we never talked about it. Mangold also stayed incredibly healthy.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Williams is a historically slow receiver, now coming off a torn ACL.

The historically slow WR shlt is there, your words.  And more.  Just admit you exaggerated, it’s wrong and move on.  

That statement is correct. And I was referring to his own personal history only. Not in the context of all time nfl player history. Somehow you can’t grasp this. I’m done here.