Dan Orlovsky: Jets WR Duo No. 3 In AFC

Behind Miami and Cincy’s top two WRs. Of course he said if Mike Williams is healthy & on the field. 

Hit home when Orlovsky said that yesterday on NFL Live. I hadn’t thought of it like that.

But when you take a closer look, yeah, he could be right. After all both Garrett & Williams have crazy talent, complement each other’s skill set and were top 10 picks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Same with our OL IMO.  When fully healthy they're probably a top-5 unit in the AFC.  Only question is how many games they actually play together as a full unit.

That's not true 

The best lines have all pros and current pro bowlers and the Jets have neither 

• Upvote 1

Assuming Lazard got in his feels after having to play with trash QBs and getting benched that post Ayahuasca Rodgers can get his head into it again , he played the big slot in green bay on a lot of the RPOs and was a very effective blocker. He has a role here if he gets his head together. 

I don’t trust Gipson at all. Yes the return against the Bills was electric but after that he made a bunch of mistakes.  Irv Charles will probably make the team as the specials guy. 

I hope the jets don’t just anoint Gipson as the return guy because it was a cool story.  

That’s where I would be looking to upgrade 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, doitny said:

. i think Lazard will be fine as WR 3

I don’t ever want to see Lazard in a Jet uniform again

He can be a gameday inactive for 17 weeks 

That was one of the most brutal WR performances I’ve ever seen

Makes Corey Davis look like Tim Brown in relative terms

Obviously any WR or pass catcher will put up better numbers with Aaron Rodgers 

• Post of the Week 1

Williams is a historically slow receiver, now coming off a torn ACL. Definitely a good player pre-injury. But being slow and then tearing your ACL at age 29 is probably not a good combination. Banking on him for anything more than 700 yards would be foolish. Point? Jets still need to add another ELITE skills receiver. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

wilson is a really good player but pleaseeee louise he is not elite by any means

Yes, he is. Putting up 1000–1100+ receiving yards back to back years in his rookie and sophomore seasons with trash QB play is an example of that. He would likely put up 1500 plus receiving yards last year with Rodgers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

i still think Lazard plays better with Rodgers. 

when you look at it every WR we brought in for Zach, cant catch or get open. even GW was catching 56% of the balls thrown to him. 

im not buying that every offensive player we get turns out to be bad cause JD sucks. they suck cause the QB was the worst. i think Lazard will be fine as WR 3.

I would play better with Rodgers, Zach sucks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

That’s nice, but then the next three guys are Gipson, Lazard, and Brownlee. And of course the caveat regarding Williams’ health. WR is a major need in this draft. 

Same with oline though. The drop-off is big. Also an injury on the oline might be more problematic. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

That’s nice, but then the next three guys are Gipson, Lazard, and Brownlee. And of course the caveat regarding Williams’ health. WR is a major need in this draft. 

Lazard is fine as a 3

Just now, Plen T said:

Lazard is fine as a 3

I forget who posted this but lazard is a body catcher and ZW throws 100 mph, it was a match made in hell 

All indicators are that lazard would be better with Rodgers. But we can say that about the whole offense 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Wait did we not sign Tyron Smith?

I didn't realize that Tyron Smith made 2nd team all pro in 23 

Still one good player does not make a top 5 in afc line 

Go look at all the other teams in the afc and find 11 lines worse than the Jets 

It's tough to do 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

I didn't realize that Tyron Smith made 2nd team all pro in 23 

Still one good player does not make a top 5 in afc line 

Outside of his first two years, Smith has been named at least a PBer in every season he's played more than 4 games.  He's about as consistent of a PB talent as you can find in the league.  If he plays 13+ games next year, he'll be a Pro Bowler.

I think even the most pessimistic fans would admit that AVT is "good".  I'd say Moses is "good" and AVT is at the very least a tier above him.  Tippmann and Simpson are the most unproven but based on what we saw last year, there is a lot to be encouraged about.  At the very least they are solid starters on paper.  

...and again, I said "when healthy".  I don't think saying that they'd be top-5 in the AFC(essentially top-10 league-wide) when healthy is that big of a stretch.  I mean I get the downer mentality, but c'mon.  How many teams out there have multiple PB OL?  DAL, DET, CLE.  Philly isn't anymore with Kelce retiring.  SF, considered to have this elite OL, only had one PBer.  But yes, 4 teams.  3 of them in the NFC.  

• Upvote 1