Another Out of This World WR Contract Goes to Lions St. Brown

GW extension will continue to go up!

DETROIT -- The Lions agreed to massive extensions with two of their top offensive stars Wednesday.

Wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown agreed to a four-year, $120 million extension, a source confirmed to ESPN, and offensive tackle Penei Sewell is signing a four-year, $112 million deal, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

St. Brown's contract includes $77 million guaranteed, the source said. That's the most guaranteed money for a wide receiver in a single contract in NFL history, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Sewell's contract includes $85 million guaranteed, the source told Schefter, the most for an offensive lineman, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The $28 million annual average salary in his contract is also the largest for an offensive lineman.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Offer an extension after this season as a tack-on to help lower the AAV & give him some upfront cash to make him happy

never going to happend.

after seeing what WRs are getting now there is no way i would sign a contract 2 years early if i was him. the money will be much higher in 2 years. maybe after next year there is a chance but not now. 

plus we dont have a QB for the future. and drafting a guy wont help. i wouldnt want to be stuck here for an extra 4 more years if we draft Zach Wilson 2.0 throwing dirt balls at him.

if i was him i would wait until my 4th or 5th year to get the most money and more importantly to see who the new QB is and if he is any good. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Sorry we are going to be paying for Aaron Rodgers a year or more after he is gone and all the stupid restructures.  We re not going to be able to keep all of our great young players

None of it will be stupid if there is a 2nd Lombardi Trophy in the building after the next 2 seasons.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Draft a WR.

I think it's Odunze or Bowers tomorrow night if they don't trade down.

Honestly hoping for a trade down, grab Brian Thomas and add a pick.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

If the lions were able to sign both their guys, don’t see a reason GW and Sauce can’t be lifelong jets. There have been so few good homegrown jets I’d really like for them to both spend their careers here. 

I know he's a RB, but I would love to add Breece into that convo.

6 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

If the lions were able to sign both their guys, don’t see a reason GW and Sauce can’t be lifelong jets. There have been so few good homegrown jets I’d really like for them to both spend their careers here. 

If you draft Rome, Nabers or MHJ aka another “WR1” that gives you some leverage and a fallback option in case things get contentious with GW and his agent.

Nevertheless, it’s not really something the front office needs to worry about this year.

51 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I’ve said this before: draft a first round receiver every other year.  
Build a pipeline and trade them after four years.

We’ll be swimming in first round picks! 

That's JD's new buzzword. 

#Pipeline