Time to put up or shut up!

What do you want the New York Jets to do with their pick at #10?

And

What do you think they will do?

What would you be happy with?

What would you blow up your house over?

I would love to see the Jets trade back to pick up a second round pick, specifically, Carolina (Washington second) for #33, #39, and #65 (#101 or a second next year if they initiated the trade)  I think Carolina needs player and that many picks is not going to happen.  Washington though?  Then trade back up for a WR or Tackle.

What I think they will do is try and trade up for one of the receivers, and get shut down and take Bowers at 10.

I'd be happy with any Top WR, Bowers or  Top OT.  

I wouldn't blow up my house, that's just ******* stupid.

• Haha 1

- Trade down to mid round, take the best Tackle or WR there then used the 2nd rounder you picked up to take the other position.

- Stick at 10 an take an olineman like Fuaga

- If Alt falls to them Alt or Fashanu as my 2nd oline choice, Odunze or Nabers if they are there.

- Latham or any defensive player

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You want to drop from 10 to 33? That’s not happening, we don’t need that much depth to make a move like that. We need a WR and an OL and team is set 

And then trade back up into top 25.  Keep 33 and 65.

What I want them to do: try to get up to five by 2:00 pm today,  even if the cost is ten, 72, and next year’s one. Douglas very likely has eight months left as Jets GM and has nothing to lose. Time to hit the nitrous. Worst, worst case scenario if you overpay for five, you’re still in pole position to trade back down and save face. 

What Woody will want them to do: take Bowers at ten.

What will probably happen: a little trade back to 13 to add a third rounder, pick Fuaga. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What I want them to do: try to get up to five by 2:00 pm today,  even if the cost is ten, 72, and next year’s one. Douglas very likely has eight months left as Jets GM and has nothing to lose. Time to hit the nitrous. Worst, worst case scenario if you overpay for five, you’re still in pole position to trade back down and save face. 

What will probably happen: a little trade back to 13 to add a third rounder, pick Fuaga. 

Who are you looking for the Jets to draft at #5?  

Douglas very likely has eight months left as Jets GM and has nothing to lose

There are so many issues with this line of thinking:

1) As a Jet fan, why would you want that?  You want JD to mortgage the future, even if he's gone next year?! 

2) Why would Woody allow something like this? 

3) Even from JD's perspective wouldn't it look horrible for him if he aspires to get another GM job (or any job in a position of power) that he'll sell your franchise out?

Worst, worst case scenario if you overpay for five, you’re still in pole position to trade back down and save face. 

You want JD going all Monti Ossenfort?  Trade up then trade down?  What's the goal here?  Trade up early on the cheap and then hope a QB falls and trade down for more than you traded up for? What is the contingency plan if 4 QBs go in the top 4 picks?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

1) As a Jet fan, why would you want that?  You want JD to mortgage the future, even if he's gone next year?! 

They’re a team built around a pack of one year deals. There is no tomorrow for any of these guys.

2) Why would Woody allow something like this?

Because he is a certified fool.

3) Even from JD's perspective wouldn't it look horrible for him if he aspires to get another GM job (or any job in a position of power) that he'll sell your franchise out?

He’d interview for his next job by pointing out he drafted Marvin Harrison, Garrett Wilson, Sauce Gardner, Jermaine Johnson, etc!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The Vikes can give them 11, 23, and next years #1. Would the Chargers like to add JFM to Bosa and Mack? That’s the only real chip JD has. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re a team built around a pack of one year deals. There is no tomorrow for any of these guys.

He’d interview for his next job by pointing out he drafted Marvin Harrison, Garrett Wilson, Sauce Gardner, Jermaine Johnson, etc!

Drafting Becton and Zach would be the job hunt equivalent of failing half a dozen drug test. Each. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As a Jet fan, why would you want our GM to throw away next year's #1?

At the cost of next year's #1 and our #3 this year though?!  Plus if JD gets fired, it'll be after this coming year plays out.  And at that time, it's possible people won't view MHJ as the top WR in the draft.

What I want is for them to play it safe and take best WR or OT available at 10.  Trading back to later in first to get a second rounder and go OT-1, WR-2 would also be acceptable.

What I dont wat -Bowers!

Blow up the house if they trade up (most likey cost next years One) to bet the farm on Harrison or anybody else.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As a Jet fan, why would you want our GM to throw away next year's #1?

At the cost of next year's #1 and our #3 this year though?!  Plus if JD gets fired, it'll be after this coming year plays out.  And at that time, it's possible people won't view MHJ as the top WR in the draft.

On the one hand, no, but it’s highly likely the Jets are trapped in the dark ages after this season anyway. Rodgers’ cap hit, no QB, bad QB draft. This is a one and done proposition. Hit the nitrous and go for it. Mad Max GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the one hand, no, but it’s highly likely the Jets are trapped in the dark ages after this season anyway. Rodgers’ cap hit, no QB, bad QB draft. This is a one and done proposition. Hit the nitrous and go for it. Mad Max GIF

The analytics are very clear about trading up for a non QB

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

next years first could be a QB.  JD isn’t likely to be thinking that he has no future here. He is under the most pressure since he’s been here but I think that just makes it more likely to pick need. 

The Jets have 7 picks and do NOT have 7 open roster spots on the starting 53. I want the Jets to take Rome at 10 and I want them to package whatever is necessary to move back into the second to grab a sliding OL, there will be more than one - I don't care if that requires losing the vast majority of our picks this year (3 and both 4's this year, a 3 next year?).

We should be looking at a 2007 style draft class. Quality over quantity. Taking 7 players here is a waste of time. Pick your guys and go and get them.

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets have 7 picks and do NOT have 7 open roster spots on the starting 53. I want the Jets to take Rome at 10 and I want them to package whatever is necessary to move back into the second to grab a sliding OL, there will be more than one - I don't care if that requires losing the vast majority of our picks this year (3 and both 4's this year, a 3 next year?).

We should be looking at a 2007 style draft class. Quality over quantity. Taking 7 players here is a waste of time. Pick your guys and go and get them.

You never know when a Barnes will make the team. When they drafted him I googled him and there was nothing there on the internet lol. Great job by the scouts. They need competition at every position.  

I would take Harrison Jr. or Nabors or Odunze at my 1A choice.  After that, here is what I want:

Fashano is my #1 choice at #10.

Alt is my #2 choice at #10.

Fuaga is my #3 choice at #10.

After that, I want them to trade down to #18, and pick up their second round pick.

At #18, I want JC Latham or Fataunu.

In second round, I want the highest rated wide receiver.

What do I want: Trade back to 15–20 and pick up a 2nd rounder. I could see Indy, Cincy, and Pit looking to trade up. We may need to add some picks to even things out in the case of the Colts.

- Draft Brian Thomas Jr with the 1st and a OT with the 2nd (Paul, Suamataia, Amegadjie)

OR

- Draft a OT in round 1 (Fuaga, Fashanu, Fautanu) and a WR in the 2nd (Worthy, Franklin, Wilson, McConkey, Pearsall)

I think they stay put at 10 and draft Bowers or Odunze. Or move to 8 and draft Odunze. 

12 hours ago, hawk said:

What do you want the New York Jets to do with their pick at #10?

Odzune or Nabers, WR.

12 hours ago, hawk said:

What do you think they will do?

Depends on who is available.

I think they go WR, or possibly OT, depending on who is there, with a chance they go Bowers is their top WR and OT's are all gone.

12 hours ago, hawk said:

What would you be happy with?

Any Offensive (WR, OT, Bowers, QB if it played out right).

12 hours ago, hawk said:

What would you blow up your house over?

Any Defense.  

Or any Trade Up.