Jets at SF on MNF Week 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Maybe. I’m happy to avoid a divisional opener, though. I’d rather be 0-1 against the NFC than 0-1 in the AFCe. The 49ers are lucky to get us early. The Jets will be a different team when they meet up in the Super Bowl. 😜

100 (13).gif

• Haha 1

Love this matchup for week 1

- West coast to start. No traveling between games

- Jets won't be at full strength with OL and Williams. Will have a stronger team after the matchup when we meet in SB

- We have tape on Purdy, the 49ers don't really have any tape on the Jets

To be the best, you have to beat the best! LFG

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

I bet SF was hoping for Arizona in week 1. 

I guess if you look at it from SF’s perspective it isn’t great, if rodgers is healthy the jets can come in and beat them and the story is as much the rodgers redemption tour as it is the SF we almost made it tour. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I guess if you look at it from SF’s perspective it isn’t great, if rodgers is healthy the jets can come in and beat them and the story is as much the rodgers redemption tour as it is the SF we almost made it tour. 

Then for the next few weeks they have to hear "are they the team that can't get over the hump."

Great litmus test for what is legitimately a very good Jets team. A loss to an elite NFC opponent is not the end of the world as long as the game is competitive and the Jets prove they are for real. If they get the W, the rest of the league will officially be put on notice that the Jets mean business this season. Can't wait! Every Jets fan should be excited for this! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

There was zero chance the NFL wasn’t putting Rodgers comeback game on prime time 

Comeback game vs the team that didn't draft him #1. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Don't forget, short week going into Game 2.

Only 9.58% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs.

Someone start the 2025 Draft thread, please.

Sure, but how many of those teams had one of the weaker schedules in the league and their first game against their toughest opponent on the road?

35 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Such a smack in the face to fans to have a team open up on MNF two years in a row. 

Such a smack in the face to be on a prime time game, the weeks most watched game.  

32 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

- West coast to start. No traveling between games

Jets also play at Arizona, so unless they stay out west for Week 2, there will be another transcontinental trip in the middle of the season.

And if the London rumors are correct, add a transatlantic trip to the mix.

This confirms the schedule leak that appeared early yesterday.  It was suspect because they had us playing the Bills twice within the first 5 weeks.  We'll see if the rest is right tomorrow.

Got no gripe opening on MNF against last years SB team.   It’s a show of respect.   Look at KC’s first two games.   My issue will be when they once again front load our schedule with 5 of our first 6 games against the other playoff teams.  That’s when it gets a bit ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Jets also play at Arizona, so unless they stay out west for Week 2, there will be another transcontinental trip in the middle of the season.

So another reason  starting on the WC is an advantage!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Correct, but we would have made those trips anyway. Having 1 of them week 1 eliminates the need to travel between weeks.

8 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Correct, but we would have made those trips anyway. Having 1 of them week 1 eliminates the need to travel between weeks.

I just assumed they would stay out west for the week between games.

I believe teams are given the option before the schedules are created. Some teams do it, some don't.