Jets favored in 14/17 games

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Cupcake schedule, we getting the 1 seed this year!

Please just skip right to the playoffs.

The '23 hype notwithstanding, the last time we were this heavily favored to win this many games, in preseason, was '99. 

So we probably shouldn't watch this year, as it's probably only downhill from here, right on cue. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Please just skip right to the playoffs.

The '23 hype notwithstanding, the last time we were this heavily favored to win this many games, in preseason, was '99. 

So we probably shouldn't watch this year, as it's probably only downhill from here, right on cue. 

Can copy and paste that last sentence every May... 

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Like I already said

12-5/AFC East Champs 

You guys should cry more about the night games 

I presume you already have your bet in online on that Division Championship, right?  How much did you bet?

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Favored......before camp, preseason, or a single snap has been played.

Totally meaningful. 

BRB, getting a second mortgage to bet that we win those 14 games.

It's literally a lock.  We're favored.  In May.  

Don't worry yall, I'll let you come visit the Castle I buy with my winnings, where the Scotch and Buffalo Wings will flow freely for one and all!

Better than being the cheats, who are currently favored to lose every game this season. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Better than being the cheats, who are currently favored to lose every game this season. 

Ohhhhhh, I'm smelling a Parley Bet then, Jets win 14, Pats win 0!  When has the favored/disfavored team in May NOT produced, amirite?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Ohhhhhh, I'm smelling a Parley Bet then, Jets win 14, Pats win 0!  When has the favored/disfavored team in May NOT produced, amirite?

I understand that it’s silly, but I’m not unhappy that it’s silly in the Jets favor. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I understand that it’s silly, but I’m not unhappy that it’s silly in the Jets favor. 

1. Yes, very silly to invest anything into favored-by-Vegas BS in May, lol.

2. Not "unhappy" either, just mocking that anyone would take it seriously tbqh.  It's ******* May.  Come on.....

Anyway, After Rodgers blows both ACL's on the first play against San Fran, all this silly "favored" talk will just be a fond memory anyway.

• Ugh 1

On paper, the team is fairly loaded.  In terms of talent among the starters, this is probably the most complete team since 2010.

The issue is that many of the keys pieces, especially on offense, have major injury concerns.  If they can manage to stay relatively healthy, this team certainly has the ability to make some noise this season.  Unfortunately, it is a bit of a house of cards that will come crashing down hard if a few key pieces go down for any significant amount of time.

People tend to underestimate the significance of having top end talent going into prime years.  Wilson, Sauce, Breece, Q, Johnson all fit into this category, make up the core of this team, and all play key positions.  The last time a Jets team was in this position, they went to back to back AFC Championship games.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

On paper, the team is fairly loaded.  In terms of talent among the starters, this is probably the most complete team since 2010.

The issue is that many of the keys pieces, especially on offense, have major injury concerns.  If they can manage to stay relatively healthy, this team certainly has the ability to make some noise this season.  Unfortunately, it is a bit of a house of cards that will come crashing down hard if a few key pieces go down for any significant amount of time.

People tend to underestimate the significance of having top end talent going into prime years.  Wilson, Sauce, Breece, Q, Johnson all fit into this category, make up the core of this team, and all play key positions.  The last time a Jets team was in this position, they went to back to back AFC Championship games.

Yea the two keys to the season for me are injuries and figuring out exactly what Rodgers has left in the tank. 

The Jets are an unknown - they have high end talent/potential but also could be a huge bust. Low floor/high ceiling. 

• Upvote 1